Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Smoke Screen

JasXamd

try a pvp match with someone who dont have the same setting , you will be surprised how he is able to see you so easily while invisible !

I don't talk about the new visuals with 8.3 hotfix. Also this thread wasn't about stealth mechanics in pvp.

I just stated that before the "new" opaque visuals introduced in 8.3, you was only able to see your own character

while invisible if you turned DoF on. If you have been playing with that option disabled, you have never noticed

the FX change from 8.1.3. Your character was just invisible, without any visual apperance, outline or FX at all.

Mortal combat is an example of a very different set of circumstances.

It was based on an arcade game where two opposing players are looking at the same screen.

It makes sense as to why the character would be invisible to everyone.

However In most other games when a character turns invisible the player controlling that character can still see him.

Being able to see ones cloaked character makes distancing easier to understand for movement and attack.

Your enemies cannot see you but you can see yourself. That is what I'm asking for here.

Can one work around it? Sure, but why should one have to?

What is the logical reason why an ability that is supposed to be an advantage should be offset with an increase to the skill requirement of keeping ones bearings?

FYI-I never said I wanted my enemies to see my invisible character. lol

That is a whole different thing.

First off incase you misread my comment. I used MK2 as an example of how a player can be fully invisible and yet have complete control of their on screen character. Since few other games to my knowledge allow you to render yourself completely invisible. I understand that it was due to different circumstances, It's a different game altogether. Sure it took a bit more skill to control a completely invisible character, but it came with the territory. This is why we chose to be the invisible guy. To be unseen.

Secondly, I also mentioned that we have an aiming reticule that allows you to aim your attacks. This requires so much more skill as it made the skill unusable? Never was a problem for most of us. As I said earlier in another post, that perhaps if players don't like being invisible. They can maybe try to use another frame.

I also in a earlier post said that prior to the last update the shimmer effect was fine and looked good (like the predator). I think we can all agree that it was fine before. Now ash is so bright that it's rediculous. For any1 not to see the obvious flaw in this, is beyond me. Worse that any1 could actually say it's better this way?

Edited by OcelotVampire

Bring back the old predator ripple effect. Or at least make power color change the color you are while invisible. The old effect looked better, a lot better and more polished, the new one is very messy looking.

First off incase you misread my comment. I used MK2 as an example of how a player can be fully invisible and yet have complete control of their on screen character. Since few other games to my knowledge allow you to render yourself completely invisible. I understand that it was due to different circumstances, It's a different game altogether. Sure it took a bit more skill to control a completely invisible character, but it came with the territory. This is why we chose to be the invisible guy. To be unseen.

Secondly, I also mentioned that we have an aiming reticule that allows you to aim your attacks. This requires so much more skill as it made the skill unusable? Never was a problem for most of us. As I said earlier in another post, that perhaps if players don't like being invisible. They can maybe try to use another frame.

I also in a earlier post said that prior to the last update the shimmer effect was fine and looked good (like the predator). I think we can all agree that it was fine before. Now ash is so bright that it's rediculous. For any1 not to see the obvious flaw in this, is beyond me. Worse that any1 could actually say it's better this way?

To say "if you don't want invisibility try another frame" is not a reasonable stance.

In most cases when people pick a character that can turn invisible it is for the tactical advantage it gives-The ability to move undetected.

Most people when playing most games do not pick stealth for the goal of not being being able to see themselves.

that may have been the case in MK but its not applicable beyond the most vague comparison.

That is to say that I understand how MK works and why you referenced it. But since MK was such a different circumstance( different genre, even different between 3d and 2d control scheme) I don't think it helps much here.

Yes, aiming reticle tells a person where they're aiming, it doesn't give much sense of proximity and surroundings.

I never said it was unusable. in fact I directly said that one can work around it I just don't see why they should have to.

Being able to overcome something doesn't automatically mean it is a good idea.

My initial comment was in reference to when ASH was completely invisible with no shimmer or outline whatsoever on most peoples computers. 

Unfortunately having DE jump from one extreme to the other was not my intent.

I did not ask for (nor do I approve of) a bright shimmering thing as it is right now.

The whole "It worked in MK", "Its not unusable", "play better" or "try a non stealth class" line of thinking does not address my initial statement even a little.

I said I have seen no logical reason presented as to why ash shouldn't be visible to the player.

I used to LOVE ash because I actually felt like a space ninja/predator.

Now I feel like a gd power ranger.

Ash was the only WF I enjoyed dueling with. Many people in my Clan would do ash vs ash duels because the smokescreen was COOL as is. 

Now its just completely pointless...the glowing aura actually makes you easier to shoot at.