Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There No Where For Clan/alliance Banter On The Forums

I was going to post a 'Good Game' thread with a couple sarcastic rib jabs throw in today. I don't really see anywhere appropriate to post one.

Previous games I have played have had a section just for this and it has helped fuel some epic situations. Good old fashioned propaganda, minor trash talk etc.

I know it has a teetering point that could lead to flame wars, but with that comes a little more bite behind the battles.

Do you think we should have an area for this? (If I am being braindead, and there is a section could you point me in that directions)

Wow you guys are the literal Narrow minded mod. God forbid anything different happens. I get the point of what hes talking about. Actually Eve online has just that sort of place. Players from different corporations and coailitions literally sit in that sub fourm spread propaganda and trash talk. Which results in 500v500 player battles.

Anyways yea, kids here are highly sensitive so unfortunately OP you cant. A "clan trash talk" sub fourm would be nice though. Its a great way to release some tension or build some up between alliance members and clan members. 

Having this sort of chat tab could further intoxicate the community, maybe straightening out problems at personal messages is the best option

The idea of having clans and alliances is to create toxic relations, personally as it stands it all seems dull, a very faint noise in a game that is otherwise just a farm fest.

Obviously there would be rules and regulations to the manner in which you trash talk, a free for all mixed with the terrible minds gamers have starter to get would be a disaster. If done right it can create some epic and memorable moments.

The idea of having clans and alliances is to create toxic relations, personally as it stands it all seems dull, a very faint noise in a game that is otherwise just a farm fest.

Obviously there would be rules and regulations to the manner in which you trash talk, a free for all mixed with the terrible minds gamers have starter to get would be a disaster. If done right it can create some epic and memorable moments.

DE said they put the Rails on the backburner in Devstream 50 so possibly we might get this "Propganda" feature once they decide to further delve into it. Im all gung ho for it honestly. Its one thing to kick an entire teams metal posterior. Its another thing to do and actually call in for a rematch with a bunch of trash talking. Great way to release that pent up testosterone ya know.

So you want toxic drama in warframe? because thats all im getting from that comment

hmm, I guess thats a cool idea, but i dunno.....

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

Wow you guys are the literal Narrow minded mod. God forbid anything different happens. I get the point of what hes talking about. Actually Eve online has just that sort of place. Players from different corporations and coailitions literally sit in that sub fourm spread propaganda and trash talk. Which results in 500v500 player battles.

Anyways yea, kids here are highly sensitive so unfortunately OP you cant. A "clan trash talk" sub fourm would be nice though. Its a great way to release some tension or build some up between alliance members and clan members. 

I played Dust, the ps3 shooter child of Eve, the clan interactions were amazing sometimes. The alliance I was in triggered the entire community to turn on them which lead to over 100 attacks on the alliances land in one night. It was amazing. Everyone I spoke too was loving it.

So you want toxic drama in warframe? because thats all im getting from that comment

Can't really deny that as a brief overview.

What I want is clans and alliances to mean something, I believe its called meta, and it creates a great dimension to a game if done right. If it goes pear shaped, peoples little feelings get hurt, DE could just as easy remove the section...*POOF*

ive seen the sections in forums and usually it just turns into really stupid wars between clans/alliances which is pretty pointless. theres no need for it. you wanna start small banter? then send a tell in game to that clans leader, theres no need to bring that nonsense here.

I played Dust, the ps3 shooter child of Eve, the clan interactions were amazing sometimes. The alliance I was in triggered the entire community to turn on them which lead to over 100 attacks on the alliances land in one night. It was amazing. Everyone I spoke too was loving it.

o7 Always a pleasure to see a ground trooper. Amaar pilot myself. Mostly FCing out of Rooks and Kings but lately just doing exploration.

It was a form of comradery you just cant seem to find here. Players here you have to understand arnt in that mindset. If you trash talked a Corporation in Eve you ended up on the receiving end of an Avatar. Here...ya just get flamed honestly. Players here like their Ruts and only the Ruts. Its kinda hard to bring in anything that can have a competitive feel thats just my opinion.

But like i said if DE decides to go forward with Rails I'm whole hearted for a "Propaganda feature". Kinda back when Eclipse was a thing when Rails first came out. The amount of Kubrow dung flown across the boards was amazing. Great stuff! Felt invigorating.

Anywho yea DE will have to look at that when they touch Rails again, dont expect it for a long time soon, but do put it as a question for the next Devstream. Itd be nice to see!

o7 Always a pleasure to see a ground trooper. Amaar pilot myself. Mostly FCing out of Rooks and Kings but lately just doing exploration.

It was a form of comradery you just cant seem to find here. Players here you have to understand arnt in that mindset. If you trash talked a Corporation in Eve you ended up on the receiving end of an Avatar. Here...ya just get flamed honestly. Players here like their Ruts and only the Ruts. Its kinda hard to bring in anything that can have a competitive feel thats just my opinion.

But like i said if DE decides to go forward with Rails I'm whole hearted for a "Propaganda feature". Kinda back when Eclipse was a thing when Rails first came out. The amount of Kubrow dung flown across the boards was amazing. Great stuff! Felt invigorating.

Anywho yea DE will have to look at that when they touch Rails again, dont expect it for a long time soon, but do put it as a question for the next Devstream. Itd be nice to see!

Gallente all the way here. Pre scout update scout, and pre tank update Vayu driver here, loved it.

Thats what I'm seeing though is a rut, a game that has a lot to offer filled to the brim with farmers. What good is all your cool weapons, warframe and mods if you're not going to use em. True end game should be PVP, which could become so much more if DE allowed it to.

Edited by (PS4)covan2306

Pre scout update scout, and pre tank update Vayu driver here, loved it.

Thats what I'm seeing though is a rut, a game that has a lot to offer filled to the brim with farmers. What good is all your cool weapons, warframe and mods if you're not going to use em. True end game should be PVP, which could become so much more if DE allowed it to.

if the game is driven to pvp then yes it usually will. warframe is major pve with a pinch of pvp, so pvp wont be endgame here.

Then what are you tediously farming for? Better gear to achieve better gear to achieve better gear, at some point you need to use that gear.

update 16 is raids which is what you use that stuff for. also pvp that came as well doesnt even allow to use 90% of your weapons, mods, and frames at the moment.

I wasn't wanting to talk to my clan, that i can already do, as i can with my alliance. I mean a section for creating more tensions between alliances and fueling some good fights.

What forum would deliberately have a section where people would piss each other off in $&*^ measuring contests? That's the quickest way to get people who are too sensitive to stop giving your company money.

What forum would deliberately have a section where people would &!$$ each other off in $&*^ measuring contests? That's the quickest way to get people who are too sensitive to stop giving your company money.

sadly... a lot. most games do have a guild/clan/alliance thing section and its usually filled with just drama that most of the games server could care less about. that doesnt need to be here really.

Maybe we could have some opinions from people who don't get their rocks off mindlessly farming another prime part.

The word drama is being used here like its a bad thing, if worked right you can have some amazing moments in MP games, created by 'drama'. I'm not on about petty namecalling, more along the lines of having 'toxic' relationships blossom infront of the community who pay attention, then the ultimate showdown at the rail battle and walking the talk you've talked or fail in the glorious limelight of mockery that was most probably self induced.

It doesn't have to be negative, it can be great fun.

Maybe we could have some opinions from people who don't get their rocks off mindlessly farming another prime part.

The word drama is being used here like its a bad thing, if worked right you can have some amazing moments in MP games, created by 'drama'. I'm not on about petty namecalling, more along the lines of having 'toxic' relationships blossom infront of the community who pay attention, then the ultimate showdown at the rail battle and walking the talk you've talked or fail in the glorious limelight of mockery that was most probably self induced.

It doesn't have to be negative, it can be great fun.

thats the thing it starts that way but leads to toxic 99% of the time. some times its a slow build and others its like a bullet. no drama is good drama for any game.