Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Purely Cosmetic Platinum Items.

Nellinferno

Having colour customization is nice, but it still doesn't really personalize your frame. And since different helmets alter your stats...

I would think that say, a pure cosmetic change to Loki's helmet, Trinity's tail/skirt or a different alternative to frost's coat would be nice.

People would scream blue murder if Plat-Only Warframe cosmetic items were released.

Like how they did with Sentinel's no-stats plat-only cosmetics?

Pretty sure that a vast majority would agree to keep it plat-only if it doesn't affect stats.

People would scream blue murder if Plat-Only Warframe cosmetic items were released.

Isn't colours already plat only? And as I understand that this guy (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39440-no-freedom-of-customization-due-to-all-color-palletes-platinum-only/) got shot down for ranting that colours should be free. 

I'm gonna quote FloofyRedTail

'No, dude.  Colors are a luxury.  They're entirely cosmetic.  The default color selection actually has a pretty good range!  A lot of people just don't like that black isn't included.'

And I'm just ditoing here, Cosmetic items are luxury items, they're not going to change the gameplay, unlike mass effect which forces you to buy their DLC for overpowered loadout for multi-player.

No one is gonna force anybody to buy cosmetic items, they're there so that one have the capability to personalize how they look.
Edited by Nellinferno

Colours are one thing, but look at the sheer amount of people who have been asking for cosmetic paraphernalia  like armours and scarves, and all that fluff. Customizable armour is something a large portion of the community wants, and I'm pretty certain that a large amount of that group play the game free-only. So if you introduce something they've all been asking for, as a Plat-only option.. I'm sure there will be some rage.

I'm not trying to argue with you guys here, I myself am on the fence about this. I love all the Warframes as they are. I may joke about Banshee's slippers now and then, but I wouldn't change a single aspect of any Warframe if it was up to me.

It just occurs to me that the freebie-players might have a wage-fit if this happened.

Edit: Replaced poorly chosen word "Upgrades" with "Paraphernalia".

Edited by Noogums

How bout making it like super rare drops like mysticals in Dota? (not that I like to bring Dota into the topic.)

While of course you're able to buy it with plats, maybe every once so often. say, only 1 out of 1,000 or 10,000 chance you could get it from bosses?

I don't know, I'm just improvising here

Maybe for Ash's items you have to defeat the boss of Uranus to get the drop?

Then this way only 1 out out every 1000 people will have his items.

I mean if this would keep the freebie players quiet then...

And plus, I'm not saying change the design of the frames entirely, I say this because I have respect for the designers, Each frame, each weapon, each design, is of their imagination.

To ask them to change the design of a frame or of anything in the game is like spitting on their ideas.

Again, I'm repeating myself here, the cosmetic items is there for us to personalize our frames and how we want them to look like.

And for the freebie players that want to play the game free exclusively, why rage? It's not like they're selling overpowered weapons with plats.

You can still be as good, if not better than plat players if you wanted.

Cool cosmetic items that cost money are an excellent and established way for the developer to make piles of cash without stoking a Pay2Win controversy. This is absolutely the right thing to do, for everyone.

As long as the base game remains good, people can be magic sparkleponies and spend as much as they want on bling, and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. The only people that tend to get cross in this situation are adolescent hat traders whose parents won't let them spaff borrowed credit cards heedlessly.. and I have a limited amount of sympathy for them, as they tend to be rather whiny anyway.

As sarcastic as that was, yes, anybody can be magic sparkleponies and spend as much as they want on bling. I don't see how that would change the gameplay.

And it's true isn't it? the only people that tend to get cross are adolescent hat traders whose parents won't let them spaff borrowed credit cards heedlessly.

In all seriousness, when I say cosmetic items, I imagine them to be lore friendly. Much like mass effect's armoury, not giant devil wings or a cheese hat, mind you.

And I'm just ditoing here, Cosmetic items are luxury items, they're not going to change the gameplay, unlike mass effect which forces you to buy their DLC for overpowered loadout for multi-player.

I'd just like to point out that Mass Effect's multiplayer DLCs were all completely free and accessible to everyone for the express purpose of avoiding this problem (as well as not splitting the playerbase).

I personally wouldn't mind purely cosmetic items that are plat-only, as long as they keep the amount and style reasonable.... by reasonable I mean nowhere near TF2 level. That would be completely ridiculous.

Also wouldn't really want any Lotus masks on the warframes, on sentinels it's fine.

The trend for nearly all F2P is for cosmetics to cost real money - and to avoid becoming p2w. The only measure of anything that matters in a debate like this is "What is good for the longevity of the game". If non-paying people start leaving the game because they don't have enough dress up options, then it will become a fair topic for debate. At the moment not even being out of Beta - probably WAY too soon to start handing out free candy to retain players.