Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover System

WanderingDude

One thing that i would like very mutch to happen to this game is if they added a cover system because the game suffers from a rushing problem and would be because everyone is runing from the bullets and it would help us to stealth mission easier and die less times and fix a little bit of that rushing problem

If someone agree with me post a coment if you would like it or hate it :)

Sorry if some words are wrong, english is not my first language

I think this was mentioned in a livestream as something DE is not​ interested in making. The idea is to maximize speed. Of course, then the trick is to try and balance out the different play-styles.

Edited by ELREYULTIMO

DE has already answered this question, and you can always search the forums for similar threads.

It boils down to a few things:
1) DE felt that a cover system slowed down gameplay far too much, and they are aiming for a fast paced action shooter.
2) DE felt that it removed the simplicity of gameplay that they were going for.

Short answer is that No, they will not include a cover system.  And most people would prefer that DE avoids doing so.

Cover mechanics are good for many games that rely only on FPS or TPS to sell. Warframe is more than just a shooter though and because of that I think cover doesn't belong. Ninja's don't use cover, they just dodge bullets by running and rolling.

@Excitonex
The other issue that a cover system brings up is disrupting the flow of movement.

Try running up to wallrun up a box to jump over and behind a disrupter charging after you when instead your frame decides its time to cuddle the box.  Or to wall run around/over obstacles only for your frame to dodge into cover.

It would completely ruin the current movement mechanics.