The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Actually Use Channeling?

MurderHoboDinosaur

I really dislike how binary Channeling is. You either use it all the time, or you don't use it at all (sans life strike).

I'd love to see Chanelling become more of a burst mode, not too dissimilar to the Augment weapons and weapon mods. Melee'ing fills up a hidden/not hidden meter and once filled it can either automatically activate or be toggled by a key.

The Mods pertaining to chanelling would still be valid but now it's efficiency would be how fast the meter drains when active. If you had a choice when it could be activated like the aforementioned key toggle it would be useful for bosses/heavy units

Then again I wish they'd have heavy attacks back and allow block cancelling too

Then again I wish they'd have heavy attacks back and allow block cancelling too

I want a combo system that is similar to vindictus that has/had a light and heavy attack that you mix for different combos. I have never ever been a fan of the Warframe melee 2.0: hold, pause or direction movement. It's a stretch for me to even consider it a combo, but doubt DE will change it.

Edited by LazyKnight

I want a combo system that is similar to vindictus that has/had a light and heavy attack that you mix for different combos. I have never ever been a fan of the Warframe melee 2.0: hold, pause or direction movement. It's a stretch for me to even consider it a combo, but doubt DE will change it.

Won't lie I wish they'd just take use the system from Metal Gear Rising, free-form light attacks and heavy attack modifiers. DE probably won't look at Melee for a while since it's one of the newer 2.0s but some quality of life changes like Block Cancelling, camera panned out more in melee mode, homing on air attacks, combos from copter and ground attacks (They've already made some animations for these) could all roll out over time as Melee 2.5

That would be sweet but would require more keys for the moves sets.

E is the primary melee button, RMB is the block and LMB the channeling. E stays the same and LMB could be the heavy attack button while keeping block unchanged, it would still be usefull in combos like it is now.

So using these 3 keys to achieve combos would work quite well but how do we justify the heavy attack over the normal ones? So heavy atack would consume energy while normal dont and would need from scratch new combos for every stances.

I do support your idea but the work charge is colossal...

So using these 3 keys to achieve combos would work quite well but how do we justify the heavy attack over the normal ones? So heavy attack would consume energy while normal dont and would need from scratch new combos for every stances.

DE has a stamina bar for melee, other than for looks, there is no real reason to use the Warframe's energy other than glowing blue. Having heavy attacks use more stamina is something that I am sure DE could implement. 

Channeling is not something that has to be kept as is or have it attached to energy. As other have said, people that use it keep it on or just ignore it outside of life-strike. This makes it somewhat not working as intended, because from the discussion in the developer streams about melee 2.0, it was supposed to be used to power up the hard hitting point of the combo or to give a little extra damage.

Channeling, is the type of thing I would move to have proper timing of combos trigger a small damage boost. I can't think of the game at the moment that did it; but, it was basically, if you time your hits with the visually indicate prompt you would get a small bonus damage.

I would like to see DE do something that rewards at least a little timing, so it's not just spam the melee key. There is no reason it needs to use Warframe's energy either unless, DE wants stamina to remain forever redundant.

Edited by LazyKnight

DE has a stamina bar for melee, other than for looks, there is no real reason to use the Warframe's energy other than glowing blue. Having heavy attacks use more stamina is something that I am sure DE could implement. 

Channeling is not something that has to be kept as is or have it attached to energy. As other have said, people that use it keep it on or just ignore it outside of life-strike. This makes it somewhat not working as intended, because from the discussion in the developer streams about melee 2.0, it was supposed to be used to power up the hard hitting point of the combo or to give a little extra damage.

Channeling, is the type of thing I would move to have proper timing of combos trigger a small damage boost. I can't think of the game at the moment that did it; but, it was basically, if you time your hits with the visually indicate prompt you would get a small bonus damage.

I would like to see DE do something that rewards at least a little timing, so it's not just spam the melee key. There is no reason it needs to use Warframe's energy either unless, DE wants stamina to remain forever redundant.

Thats what I'm saying ,besides Life Strike who actually uses channeling? Seemingly not alot.