Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limelight +Pi + Warframe = Fun On The Big Screen.

CaelThunderwing

dug out my older RaspberryPi Model B (second launch generation[this is before the B+) and looking into LimeLight Embedded (Limelight for the Pi) got some simple things like bejweled 3 and peggle from teh origin bundle running,  for S#&$s & giggles tried to see about Warframe,  i had to move it down to 720p30fps as i need to get a usb-gigabit eithernet adapter for the thing buuut, this is the result. (the pi is the one thats lit up on the bottom left corner the case broke on me today ;-; ) (i know my desk is a absolute mess :P )

nmUiDIU.jpg

didnt know a clean desk is for a happy tenno (the room is clean despite the messy desk .) anyway,

after running a short Exterm on earth (and scoring a spare Bite mod :D) the only 2 issues i've seen w/ using this.. is if your using the Model B/B+ for the First Pi, 720p is your only option otherwise 1080p 30 or 60 fps will generate massive input lag.

and when using 720p as the streamed resolution, there is Audio studdering but which is solved by either A using a USB Gigabit eithernet adapter, Overclocking the Pi, or using a Pi2 (the only diff between the two is Pi 1 = 700mhz ARMv6 single core CPU Based  "Pocket-Sized PC" and the Pi2= 1GHZ quadcore ARMv7 device, they both use the the same Videocore IV GPU)

this really doesnt have much a purpose as its a "if it works it Works." (aka got a big tv but dont care to move your pc over? boom got a means to play on your large screen tv.)

Edited by CaelThunderwing