Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Private Game To The Public

Al3x

I am very often in the Situation that i would like to start a fresh mission, from the beginning ( Syndicate-Daily for example ) but i would not mind grouping with other Players.

As far as i understand the current system, the only way to make sure i start a fresh mission is to play alone.

To change this i would apreciate either a flag 'start fresh mission' while in public matchmaking, or the possibility to 'open' a private Game to the public after it has started.

This would be nice if it's possible. 

Another example of when it would help:

I often play solo. I am invited to a lobby and join forgetting to change off of solo mode. The host dc's making me the host. Now I can't re-invite because I am in solo mode even though the other two players are still in the game. 

The privacy settings have always left a bit to be desired. It would be really nice to at least see Public split into "Host Public" and "Join Public". Even better if "Join Public" had some way to decide if you do or do not want to join a mission already in progress.

Of course, I just want the squad privacy settings to be visible again while already in a squad, including mid-mission. Obviously block the "Solo" option if already playing with others.

I am very often in the Situation that i would like to start a fresh mission, from the beginning ( Syndicate-Daily for example ) but i would not mind grouping with other Players.

As far as i understand the current system, the only way to make sure i start a fresh mission is to play alone.

To change this i would apreciate either a flag 'start fresh mission' while in public matchmaking, or the possibility to 'open' a private Game to the public after it has started.

I've never wound up Not starting a fresh mission, unless I was impatient and pressed the "play now" button after selecting the mission.  If you're starting a mission, and see squads there, don't hit "play now", and you're good. That button is your consent to be pulled into a mission in progress. It should be more clear though, I agree.

I've never wound up Not starting a fresh mission, unless I was impatient and pressed the "play now" button after selecting the mission.  If you're starting a mission, and see squads there, don't hit "play now", and you're good. That button is your consent to be pulled into a mission in progress. It should be more clear though, I agree.

Friends only is misleading too. It really means "open but not public" so basically, lets say you start a mission alone in friends only. Your clan mates can still join you even if you aren't their friend, and then they could invite some random guy who you don't even know, even though they aren't the host. I usually play this way cause I often am not the one who wants to inv someone to a partially full group but don't mind random friends joining.

Friends only is misleading too. It really means "open but not public" so basically, lets say you start a mission alone in friends only. Your clan mates can still join you even if you aren't their friend, and then they could invite some random guy who you don't even know, even though they aren't the host. I usually play this way cause I often am not the one who wants to inv someone to a partially full group but don't mind random friends joining.

Don't quote me, per se, but I don't believe clans were actually a thing when the "friends only" option was created. As for the invite only .. that came later. A few of us pushed hard for that to become a thing, so that we could run just two, or 3 people, without "friends" coming in guns blazing and messing up our groove.

• 4 weeks later...