Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi-Auto Firerate Nerf - General Feedback As Well As Specific Weapon Feedback

SwiftPotato12

Now, weapons like that properly operate. The Akmangus are an outlier with their high fire rate. There's plenty of other reason to still use them--the highest crit AND status chance of secondaries, high ammo count, and good per shot damage.

tl;dr semi-auto is working properly now.

Im going to assume you meant highest crit and status counting the two stats together and not saying that Ak-Magnus has both the highest crit of all secondaries and the highest status of all secondaries.

While semi-auto may be working properly now to fix an exploit in the engine, it doesn't change the fact that the damage is now lacking. Before this fire rate 'fix' - as you called it - it had enough DPS (Damage per Second not Damage per Shot) to take down enemies because it could empty a mag so quickly. This made these guns (Ak-Magnus in particular) somewhat reasonable compared to other options. Did this make them the best weapon in the game? No for a number of reasons: They ran out of ammo fast just like full auto guns, They emptied mags 3x faster than they could reload them allowing the enemy time to shoot you, and they weren't 100% accurate because of both the recoil and their base accuracy. So now that they have been 'fixed' they need to be either re-balanced to still be use-able, or they will be forgotten with the rest(Which coming from someone who loves ak-magnus and has all of the AWESOME tenno-gen skins, this would be terribly disappointing).

I would put a 'Too Long; Didn't Read' at the bottom, but if this was too long to read you shouldn't be discussing this topic.

Edited by SwiftPotato12

The Akmangus are an outlier with their high fire rate.

Yes? Well, Akboltos, Telos Akboltos and Akvastos would like to have a word with you.

Among the akimbo bullet semiautos basically only the Aklex aren't effected in a bad way.

While i do agree that achieving higher fire rate with semiautos than whit autos is stupid, the hole point is that the 10rps hard cap is even more stupid.

Also, who are you exactly to read DE's mind? Get off your altar please.

Maybe not the magazine size nerf, because some have some really bad reload speeds, look at the Ak Magnus with its 3.0 reload.

The magazine size nerf is to avoid having a lot of little Synoid Gammacors all over again. Think of the Telos, with the build i use they had 40k burst with a 42 bullet magazine and 2.3 seconds reload, with halved firerate it would take them 5.2 seconds to empty the magazine firing constantly at the firerate cap for a sustained DPS of almost 30k with the added insanity of having a semiauto trigger type which allows you absolute control over firerate. Edited by Autongnosis

I cant click faster than 10 times per second and still keep my hand from moving thus keeping aim on target and i consider myself pretty quick clicker.

Then these weapons have such firerate not because they should fire that fast but they should actually feel fluid while firing in semi auto.