The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mk1-Braton

IHWIP

I was thinking, the beginner gun is weak. It is basically the worst gun and that is fine because it is free. However, could we give it a free potato? I mean...double the mod slots would work toward balancing it out in the beginning of the game and eventually it would still suck too much compared to other guns that the potato would not matter so people would still move away from it but still...it is so generic, bland and the slow fire rate and damage pretty much make it a useless gun.

Edited by IHWIP

Consider it as further motivation to craft something interesting? Hehe.

I see your point though, I just don't think an innate potato is the way to do it. That will only push players AWAY from trying new things.

Lol that would be pretty funny. Not sure how the new playerbase would react. Maybe they'd see the power of the potato, making the mk1 potatoed better than other guns, and they'd buy potatoes? Or maybe they'd stick with their guns. so to speak

Anything with a potatoe > Vanilla guns/melee

Hell even the grakata look well with a potatoe, just leave the mk-1 braton in peace since is perfectly balanced for the first 3 planets (Aka lvl 1-20 ) without using rare mods or wierd mods/guns combos.

Edited by Dasmir

I think it should be left alone. I really think they made it crappy so that you are pushed towards the foundry and/or the market. and in every other game in history you always start with the worst weapon why should this be any different? I think there are more important things to look at than the starter gun. I hate to rain on your parade (I hate it when it happens to me on my threads) but I just don't see it.

I think it should be left alone. I really think they made it crappy so that you are pushed towards the foundry and/or the market. and in every other game in history you always start with the worst weapon why should this be any different?

Because this game's developers have stated that they want weapons to be sidegrades, not just increasingly powerful unlocks. That being said, giving the mk1 a potato doesn't seem like the solution. Why doesn't it have a polarity? Being the starter weapon, having a polarity could help introduce somebody to more of the modding features. 

Every other game in history?

team fortress 2?

blacklight retribution?

call of duty (insert number)?

planetside 2?

Just to name a few.

MK1 braton whe modded correctly could be more ammo efficient than a gorgon and produce very similar DPS, if modded differently it could be the best Crowd Control gun you'll ever have because of the clip size and element mods you have equipped, the Mk1 braton is the jack of all trades gun that doesn't need changes whatsoever because its their so your not stuck stabbing people in the face for the first 3 planets and to generally bump you into gunplay and show you a well rounded gun, if you prefer close range you upgrade to a shotty, if you prefer long range you could get a snipetron or a paris the Mk1 is that middle ground gun that can do a little bit of everything and excels decently in one or more things.

tldr:giving the most versatile gun in the game a free potato would be nice but a gun that has that much capability isn't as "weak" as you say, thats like saying that the stock minigun of tf2 is worse than the Natascha which is a utility side grade unlock.

MK1-Braton is very very ammo efficient for an automatic weapon. The Braton is pretty accurate as well, but the faster fire rate can make you waste shots, and the Boltor can't handle extreme ranges, so the MK1 does have a niche.

MK1-Braton is very very ammo efficient for an automatic weapon. The Braton is pretty accurate as well, but the faster fire rate can make you waste shots, and the Boltor can't handle extreme ranges, so the MK1 does have a niche.

How is it ammo efficient? It does the second lowest damage per shot out of every rifle. 

I have Ranked both MK1-Branton and the Branton to max and trust me, their not the worst guns there is. They are the best balanced in my opinion such as the Lato (starter Pistol).

A player with the right mods can make allot of damage with these two at any range. I have first placed many times in Damage and Kills with these wile still ranking up.

Perfectly balanced? How is it remotely close to any other gun you can buy? It is a horrible wretched excuse for a gun compared to anything else.

I guess you dont understad the concept of balance, let see

The Mk1-Braton has:

-16 base damage

-60 magazine

-40 Acc

-6.3 RoF

As a starting weapons its really powerfull since you can use it for sniping, Mid-range and close quarters (easy full burst headshots) thats mean the new player can literally shine in any situation without any wierd mod combo/other weapon.

Now i guess you are a vet/old player thats mean you have the resource to do things like Lex+Shotgun/Gorgon, Paris+Vipers and others combos than a newie cant afford ( Even the "must" mods for that weapon).

The only starting weapons is Pure Trash is the skana..and thats make me really sad.

Edited by Dasmir

I guess you dont understad the concept of balance, let see

The Mk1-Braton has:

-16 base damage

-60 magazine

-40 Acc

-6.3 RoF

As a starting weapons its really powerfull since you can use it for sniping, Mid-range and close quarters (easy full burst headshots) thats mean the new player can literally shine in any situation without any wierd mod combo/other weapon.

Now i guess you are a vet/old player thats mean you have the resource to do things like Lex+Shotgun/Gorgon, Paris+Vipers and others combos than a newie cant afford ( Even the "must" mods for that weapon).

The only starting weapons is Pure Trash is the skana..and thats make me really sad.

I guess you don't understand the concept of balance.

16 damage per shot, 6.3 rof. Bad DPS (sustained and burst)  and ammunition efficiency.

Edited by Argoms

I guess you don't understand the concept of balance.

16 damage per shot, 6.3 rof. Bad DPS (sustained and burst)  and ammunition efficiency.

You forgot the 60 magazine and the 40 Acc too bro...

I can easy say the Gorgon is The most "Balanced" weapon if i use you logic.

becouse 24 dmg and 12 rof.