The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Play As Trinity?

thehotsung8701A

Question

I don't understand what Link really does or how it could do more damage than Bladestorm like I have read?  I don't know what abilities I should mod around?  I don't understand which build will lead to Trinity being invincible.  I read something about down to 2 HP and stuff and it all too confusing.

Trinity is my 2nd frame and will be my main frame as she is the first frame that I have potato. 

Can someone show me how to play trinity and what each abilites really does?  When I use blessing, it didn't restore my or allies shield to 100%, only health?  Does her ultimate still give immunity or only some immunity since she was nerf.

Thanks. 

Here are my 2 ways to mod her:

God MODE;http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399062377

Energy Vamp support build: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399062456

Dad always told me to give credit when credit is due :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqwRoJu2mqY

Edited by SmashingGudTime

how it could do more damage than Bladestorm like I have read

Who told you this crap?

Well of Life is rarely used unless you wanna lock a target down.

Energy Vampire should be used whenever you don't have max energy. It'll give energy to any nearby ally automatically, and the full amount is given if the unit dies.

Blessing restores HP and I've seen it restore shields, so I'm pretty sure that's a thing. It doesn't give immunity, but it does give damage resistance for the duration.

Use EV a lot and Blessing when your teammates lose health. Link will channel energy taken into the enemies it's linked to, but not 100%, so it's useful for tanking, but won't keep you aliove forever.

Who told you this crap?

Energy Vampire should be used whenever you don't have max energy. It'll give energy to any nearby ally automatically, and the full amount is given if the unit dies.

Blessing restores HP and I've seen it restore shields, so I'm pretty sure that's a thing. It doesn't give immunity, but it does give damage resistance for the duration.

Use EV a lot and Blessing when your teammates lose health. Link will channel energy taken into the enemies it's linked to, but not 100%, so it's useful for tanking, but won't keep you aliove forever.

Clearly you dont know how to play trinity

Link doesn't do very much damage. It DOES give you 75% damage reduction as long as you are near an enemy, effectively quadrupling your health and shields. Dropping down to 2 HP is a result of using the mods Quick Thinking and Rage in tandem: Quick Thinking converts the damage you take to energy loss if it would kill you, and Rage gives you energy back when you take damage; it creates a (finite) positive feedback loop that lets you survive at very low levels of HP.

The % of health and shields Blessing restores is based the level of Blessing and scales with Power Strength mods. After it heals your team, it gives your entire team a damage reduction buff based on the health of your teammate with the lowest health.

Making her "invincible" happens when you use Blessing and Link with the Quick Thinking+Rage build.You are at 2 hp and alive thanks to QT+R, then cast Blessing and Link for the damage reduction. Ta-da, you now take 25 tenths of a percent of the damage you should actually be taking.

Link shares all damage taken to all enemies you're linked with and it gives a heavy dmg reduction buff, you should mod her for her link, with Strength, range, and duration but most important is duration, And blessing is affected by power strength so if you dont have much power strength wont heal as much, and it doesnt give Invulnerability anymore it gives damage reduction buff Watch this 

Edited by Crucifix

There are two builds for her: A god mode/tank build which is based around high duration, blessing, and link. Energy Vampire is also used often. The other build is a minimum duration/max range Energy Vampire Based build, which is where you spam Energy Vampire to keep your team at max energy and that's about it.

As for how to build them: 

Tank Trinity You can replace rage with any other mod you want.

Support Trinity Again, you can replace Vampire Leech with anything.

Here are my 2 ways to mod her:

God MODE;http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399062377

Energy Vamp support build: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399062456

Dad always told me to give credit when credit is due :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqwRoJu2mqY

I don't get it?  How do I get the 98% damage reduction?  Why doesn't she need a shield?  This is all too confusing and I have watched that video as well. 

I don't get it?  How do I get the 98% damage reduction?  Why doesn't she need a shield?  This is all too confusing and I have watched that video as well. 

You get the 98% damage reduction by waiting til you get to 2 health, then you use your ultimate. This is why Quick Thinking + Flow is so good on her. As once your health gets low enough you just press "4" and bam you're at full health and shields and with a 99% damage reduction. Your squad gets this buff too.

okay so rage converts dmg to health into energy, Quick thinking stops heath at 2 and converts dmg onto your energy pool -> cast blessing -> 98% dmg reduction-> rinse and repeat the hp leads to never ending energy which leads to never ending casts of blessing -> GOD mode

okay so rage converts dmg to health into energy, Quick thinking stops heath at 2 and converts dmg onto your energy pool -> cast blessing -> 98% dmg reduction-> rinse and repeat the hp leads to never ending energy which leads to never ending casts of blessing -> GOD mode

Ok I get it now after reading more about each mods on wikipedia.  However why wouldn't QT and R work for other frame?  I don't know how QT and R work with Blessing?

Nevermind I get it now.  So I'll be at full health and shield with 99% reduction, but for how long?  Do I have to time it so that I don't go below 2 hp or is it automatic?  So my goal when I play trinity is to always be down to 2 hp?

I also don't understand what Link does after re-reading its description over and over again.  Can links be cast multiple time?

Edited by thehotsung8701A

if you don't play with X warframe don't talk about it. 

But I do. There is nothing to imply that I don't.

I gave one suggestion on one way to play her.

But of course, since I have never ever heard anyone ever compare Link to Bladestorm, that must mean I don't play trinity.

Assumptions make you look stupid.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

It all depends on what mods you want on it. Duration increases the time Blessing is active for. No, Trinity's job is to be the healer. You need to remember that you're not just backing yourself up, you're also doing it to your team as well. Blessing is your Main Ability that you'd want to use. Link can make Trinity very tanky, as it channels the energy you take to different enemies. Energy Vampire is good to, as you need Energy to play Trinity. The best bet is to go MAX efficiency and Max Duration, with some Range. That's how I play Trinity. I hope this helps and good luck.

Ok I get it now after reading more about each mods on wikipedia.  However why wouldn't QT and R work for other frame?  I don't know how QT and R work with Blessing?

Nevermind I get it now.  So I'll be at full health and shield with 99% reduction, but for how long?  Do I have to time it so that I don't go below 2 hp or is it automatic?  So my goal when I play trinity is to always be down to 2 hp?

I also don't understand what Link does after re-reading its description over and over again.  Can links be cast multiple time?

With Quick Thinking once you reach 2 hp any damage you take will instead be transferred to your energy until your energy pool runs out. As for how long it lasts, it's all based on how much duration you have, so if you have more duration, you'll have a longer period of 99% damage reduction.

Link basically "links" you to 3 nearby enemies, and also gives you 75% damage resistance. You only get this damage reduction while linked to an enemy, and it can't be increased with power strength. It can't be cast multiple times, you have to wait for the duration to end to cast it again, but that isn't a problem. Also any damage you take while linked to an enemy, a part of that will be transferred to the enemies you're linked to. It also makes you immune to knockdown, such as blast procs.

Does Energy Vampire and well of life work similar to each other?  They both only target one enemy?  I also take it that Well of Life is not a good skill to use?

They both only target one enemy, and well of life is useless as you have Blessing.

I'm talking about the WoL and EV combo, link can do more damage but at really high levels.

you know that no one can survive the WoL and EV combo right? (well except bosses)

Yes please tell me what those are.  That what I read about Trinity and that what I said in my opening post.  I read multiple Trinity guide but that was back when I didn't have Trinity and was stuck with Volt.  Now that I have Trinity, I love her, but I don't know how to use her yet and still learning. 

In short you equip Rage, Quick Thinking and (Primed) Flow, along with duration mods and Stretch. You cast Energy Vampire on a nearby target and kill it to get energy, and keep on doing that whenever you need more energy. You keep Link up for damage resistance. And if you or your teammates take any significant health damage, you cast Blessing to heal it and get more damage resistance.

I still don't understand why rage on trinity ._. you have infinite energy.

It's not strictly necessary, but it's a safety net.

Rage ensures that any time you take so much damage that you are reduced to low health, you have a high amount of energy to absorb that damage through Quick Thinking and hopefully still have enough energy left over to cast Blessing.

Mods like Rage, Streamline or Vitality might not be of much help when Trinity is operating at her peak. But they can help a great deal when when things go wrong.

Yes please tell me what those are.  That what I read about Trinity and that what I said in my opening post.  I read multiple Trinity guide but that was back when I didn't have Trinity and was stuck with Volt.  Now that I have Trinity, I love her, but I don't know how to use her yet and still learning. 

well I can't make a build in warframe-builder.com but... 

to use this combo you need min duration (try to use maxed fleeting expertise and maxed transient fortitude (is hard to max this one, you need too much time))

max range (optional) the range Mods are overextended and stretch. 

and good power strength (if you want to support your teammates) put intensify and/or blind rage.

as I said I can't make a complete build use this as a guide. 

to use the combo you need to 1st use well of life in the enemy and then when the ability is going to end (2-3 seconds left) use energy vampire. 

this is the best that I can do with my English hahah.

In short you equip Rage, Quick Thinking and (Primed) Flow, along with duration mods and Stretch. You cast Energy Vampire on a nearby target and kill it to get energy, and keep on doing that whenever you need more energy. You keep Link up for damage resistance. And if you or your teammates take any significant health damage, you cast Blessing to heal it and get more damage resistance.

It's not strictly necessary, but it's a safety net.

Rage ensures that any time you take so much damage that you are reduced to low health, you have a high amount of energy to absorb that damage through Quick Thinking and hopefully still have enough energy left over to cast Blessing.

Mods like Rage, Streamline or Vitality might not be of much help when Trinity is operating at her peak. But they can help a great deal when when things go wrong.

So I want to summarize what I know so far.  I must get Quick Thinking and Rage (I don't have it currently).  I need Prime Flow and not regular flow, is that correct?

Does EV work the same as WOL meaning that it only target one enemy and I have to kill it to get max energy?  Do my teammate get energy right away if I cast EV regardless if I shoot the enemy or not?  And if so, does this mechanic work with WOL as well?

Link is Trinity damage reduction and her main tanking ability, does this mean that it is cast at all times?  And if so, does it matter which enemy I target to link?  Like do I need to target link the strongest enemy?  And if it link to only 3 enemies at a time, does that mean that other enemy that do damage to me, I don't get the 75% damage resistance/reduction?  And with link active, I can never fall or anything like that right even if the enemy that shoot the explosive is not the one I'm link to?

Now regarding Blessing, I go down to 2 HP with QT and Rage and I cast Blessing I'm back to full Shield and HP for however long it last.  What do I do after I have full shield and HP with 99% damage reduction (teammate get it to right too right?).  What do I do after I press 4?  I'm back to full health now, do I purposely take damage to get 99% damage reduction again, or do I just cast link and energy vampire?  Do I spam EV as much as Link?

Is that the order in how I should cast my abilities?

So I want to summarize what I know so far.  I must get Quick Thinking and Rage (I don't have it currently).  I need Prime Flow and not regular flow, is that correct?

Does EV work the same as WOL meaning that it only target one enemy and I have to kill it to get max energy?  Do my teammate get energy right away if I cast EV regardless if I shoot the enemy or not?  And if so, does this mechanic work with WOL as well?

Link is Trinity damage reduction and her main tanking ability, does this mean that it is cast at all times?  And if so, does it matter which enemy I target to link?  Like do I need to target link the strongest enemy?  And if it link to only 3 enemies at a time, does that mean that other enemy that do damage to me, I don't get the 75% damage resistance/reduction?  And with link active, I can never fall or anything like that right even if the enemy that shoot the explosive is not the one I'm link to?

Now regarding Blessing, I go down to 2 HP with QT and Rage and I cast Blessing I'm back to full Shield and HP for however long it last.  What do I do after I have full shield and HP with 99% damage reduction (teammate get it to right too right?).  What do I do after I press 4?  I'm back to full health now, do I purposely take damage to get 99% damage reduction again, or do I just cast link and energy vampire?  Do I spam EV as much as Link?

Is that the order in how I should cast my abilities?

1.No with WOL you will need to shoot to gain health.

2.yes EV pulses with energy, doing a %dmg to the target. if you cast WOL give it a second then cast EV you'll get alot more energy per pulse and when WOL runs out EV will kill the target.

3.you don't need to target Link it auto targets on the nearest mobs. and yes you can still fall of the map it's not a physical link....

4.Blessing duration will depend your build, yes it's a global cast so no matter how far the team mates are they will be healed and get the 98% dmg reduction.

5. Yes ^.^ trinity will never die while you're neck deep in melee battle with lvl 150 grineer and only a galatine to back you up. (so go get hurt and hit 4 again)

6. Play how you like to depending on how you mod her you can focus on the dmg reduction + duration build and focus on casting link and blessing to keep your team alive, or you can go with a high dmg EV+WOL spam build to kill anything and everything. 

Who told you this crap?

So you don't know how about Link to ennemy and taking massive damage? 

I build for link and link only, the crutch mods qt+rage I do not use and I will last as long as others that do use those mods if I am in a good mood to play. she is self sufficient enough  to do without those mods which is what I like about her.