Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Can Be Stalkers During A Co-Op Game

Jackuri

Close This threat already PVP is not going to happen in a long while.

And i hate to see this suggestion make it into the game that whould mean a insta quit for me and a lot of other players who are here for fun and not all that pvp Crap Go play a game that supports it and Leave warframe on the PVE side.

we are all here for fun. making plaeyr to be a stalker is fun feature. you can steamroll stalker alone and his ai is not perfect too. on other hand, if we will get a player who will hunt a group of players 1 vs 4 it's more or less fair thing, don't you think? it's rather easy to complete mission with 4 persons then alone, but there should be a risc of being invaded, so you sould not running around like a headless chicken steamrolling everything without leaving your comfort zone

Edited by n7snk

personaly i dont think its fair. i play Warframe for PVE if there is some kind of feature that a player can come in and kill me and my whole team then no.

i am forced to play on solo mode.

i am heavly against PVP but if they at it to the game dont mix it with the PVE.

There are always players that have the awsome builds and stuff that kill teams easly specialy since i never play a Full level 30 loadout cuzz i am leveling my stuff and in general just enjoying the game.

Edited by Nimis

personaly i dont think its fair. i play Warframe for PVE if there is some kind of feature that a player can come in and kill me and my whole team then no.

i am forced to play on solo mode.

i am heavly against PVP but if they at it to the game dont mix it with the PVE.

There are always players that have the awsome builds and stuff that kill teams easly specialy since i never play a Full level 30 loadout cuzz i am leveling my stuff and in general just enjoying the game.

4 players vs 1 invader is not fair? pfffff

Edited by n7snk

@n7snk
Think about it from the stalkers side:
A rhino goes invulnerable and face stomps stalker
A trinity uses link and face stomps stalker
Loki and Ash go invis and faces stomps stalker without being seen.

Please tell me why people would honestly want to go into missions with nearly zero hope of coming out of it victorious.

And this is assuming that they are put into the stalker frame.  If they bring their own frames into missions just reverse who's owning who and no one would have fun trying to fight an invulnerable/invisible stalker.

@n7snk

Loki and Ash go invis and faces stomps stalker without being seen.

Please tell me why people would honestly want to go into missions with nearly zero hope of coming out of it victorious.

And this is assuming that they are put into the stalker frame.  If they bring their own frames into missions just reverse who's owning who and no one would have fun trying to fight an invulnerable/invisible stalker.

Well, stalkers wouldn't know whether they're dropping in to a game with four excals who're still learning the ropes, or a optimized team with Rhino, Frost, Trinity, and Ash who're all communicating with a third party voice client and have potato'd heks. So in theory, you'd end up winning some by curbstomp, losing some by curbstomp, and every once and awhile having an even match that can go either way.

Mind, I don't understand how that's fun either, but then, I'm not one of the ones agitating for PvP here.

@Cpl_Facehugger
I am against PvP completely.  The furthest I will go is the dueling that DE is going to introduce.

I was just pointing out a few flaws with this system.  If you're unlucky enough to get one of the frames that can go invulnerable or invisible you've just lost and GG.

If the stalker could bring in their frame, which would be a *terrible* implementation, then they would all be Rhino's or Loki to go invis or invulnerable and have nearly no chance of ever losing, unless they are facing one of the three above with more energy.

Either way a invasion system should NOT be implemented in this game.  The PvP crowd should just be happy with the duels that are coming in U8.

@n7snk
How does that solve anything?

If they are a frame that can go invis/invulnerable then they'll win 100% of the time.  And they shouldn't be able to bring in their own frames and weapons.  Otherwise it'll turn into a bunch of Rhino's with shotguns.

If they are going up against people who play frames that can do it then they'll always lose.

In what world would it be fun for the people involved?  It would be a curbstomp either way.

Suggested before.

I rather have this then the 1v1 Frame vs Frame dueling that's coming in.

Assumptions you may like to make:

1. Stalkers cannot see their target's name and the target cannot see the stalker's name.

2. Stalkers can only invade once.

3. Stalkers will follow the current AI Stalkers' system (stats, criteria for entry into mission, skills .etc)

4. Nothing has changed except stalkers are no longer AI.

Tho I do like this idea, I still like the 1v1 dojo over this. But I do think it'd be fun to pop into a friend's match as the stalker and mess with them.

@n7snk

Loki and Ash go  whic invis and faces stomps stalker without being seen.

a game i played once implemented this feature PVPVE feature pretty well actually 

a game called C9 which is quite popular nowadays to many MMORPG players out there, it has an intrusion system

which is pretty much you invade someone's game to kill them AND....complete the level 

yeah...well the game has a stamina system, losing some stamina every time you go on a mission and complete it

fully depleting stamina disables you from entering mission,but intrusion takes no stamina out of you and reduces how much you lose when you start a mission with the feature enabled

it does have some nice features as 

the intruder has only 80% of their full stats, higher cooldown time for his skills as well as he cannot revive when killed

the host has full stats, normal coodown time and can revive up to 5 times when killed assuming he's go the ressurrection scrolls

well anyway my ideas for a stalker mode would be like this

Bounty system: the more of a faction (Corpus,Grinner) you kill would add to your total bounty against that faction, and if it got too high your name would be on a bounty list. The player who would take the bounty and try to kill you, if he sucedded he would gain a large sum of credits and his bounty with the faction he worked for would be reduced or on a few occasions, wiped away like gambling debt

Balance changes: Make the stalker come with some energy, as well as have the player or players he invaded on his map at all times, and make him also able to see their outlines  through walls, and if a Loki or Ash got invisible, he could see them as if they weren't invisible, either that or give the invading player some meele resistance to counter the Meele crazy Lokis like me who use invisibility and go to town with it

i still think the Rhino should get slowed down when using iron skin, it does make him invulnerable and with some rush mods he can run at a nice speed of 1.1 or so, all the while still being invincible

those are my 50 cents anyway -_-

@Scudman_Alpha
The problem is then that would make Loki utterly useless against a player stalker.  The other frames still have attack abilities and such while Loki would have no skills to use...so taking away invisibility just causes more problems and will cause huge forum fights over it.

Without invisibility Loki has no skills useable on the stalker at that point.  And even if it did slow rhino down he could take out any stalker with one or two shotgun blasts at close range.  And then you have trinities link.

In the end I just honestly dont see many people having fun with this.  If they bring their own frames they would be Rhino with IS and win through face tanking everything while invulnerable.  not fun at all for anyone getting invaded.  And as I have pointed out with invisiblity or invulnerability on 4 separate frames it makes invading them impossible to win.

Either the stalker will win through invulnerability/invisibility or the team will.  No challenge either way.  No fun either way.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I love watching this argument. Why? Because you are arguing over the minutiae of a situation that is so amazingly unlikely. It's like watching two children arguing over something that neither of them are ever going to get.

@Sparrohawk
Its my hope, even though it is so unlikely, that something will stick with these people and the threads will just go away.  And Im not really arguing, just pointing out holes that you could drive a tank though.

just one stalker and restrict them to the regular stalker gear

no changes made but swapping the AI with a player

gives DE_Steve a break

:D

Edited by Guest