Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove Ember's Wof Duration.

Sunfaiz

I can't see it being anything but bad for other frames though.

For frames with static ults - why not? Although Soundquake could certainly use more damage. I don't keep rallying for a dedicated PvE balancing team because I think it's fun ...

fire damage sucks @$$ atm

Actually, fire isn't that bad. The only resistance against it are Proto-Shields (and who actually uses those), light Infested are weak against it ... and that's about it. Granted, it doesn't have the amazing +75% against something, but none of the base elements have.

The problem is rather that they put Accelerant on Ember's kit and use that as a reason why they don't have to buff her damage ...

a level 50 heavy can take 10-20 thousand damage to kill. what good is burning up all your energy trying to do that? and it just continues to get worse from there. mid 40 light units even take a few thousand damage which is more than most damage powers will ever see.

That's a problem with the Armour formula. As you can see here, DE chose to go with an exponential formula, while a logarithmic might have been the better choice. With a logarithmic formula, you'd have a steeper incline at the beginning (although this can be drawn out using an appropriate prefactor), but on the other hand you'd get a soft cap that can be easily adjusted by changing another factor.

Furthermore, it's not an AoE, in fact it hit casually all around the Warframe.

I'd be okay with WoF not being "full" AoE if at least each eruption had a little AoE and didn't just target a single enemy. 2m or something, I don't know. But if it blows in a group of enemies, have all of them be affected and not just the one it went for.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Yeah, I don't know what DE was thinking when they made WoF a togglable ability but kept the duration. Every other warframe with a similar ability mechanic doesn't have a timer on them.

mirage and limbo mos def have this same mechanic....

And for them it's not a big deal tho, but on ember as she is now, it's almost impossible to make a really good build with her anymore

I'm ok with WoF mechanics (increased damage to enemy within some meters, then start with eruptions all around. It's not a real 'AoE' but it's ok.

Just one thing: remove duration. Let we decide when finish it. Just with this change Ember could better handle everything, because she could just use Accelerant and then cast WoF until every enemy is dead, or just walk around and fire procs / knock down enemies. 

I've tried to like ember, but I really can't. She seems to require a style of gameplay that is unfamiliar to me. She feels like a warframe whose strenght lies in casting her last 3 abilities. But this requires efficiency. Maxing this reduces duration. I find it difficult to find the perfect balance of str, dur, eff and range and still somehow find a spot for an augment - that's supposed to be part of her abilities in the first place - that makes her more bearable.