Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p. Steam ?

TennoPain

Well, it's not even like it's a big deal, it's literally "if you've ever spent at least 5 dollars for ANYTHING via steam" you can use Steam's social functions.  If you haven't, then you can't message people via Steam. It's not even "pay Steam" it's pay for any game on Steam, you know, what the whole platform is about.

Or, even simpler, just buy plat through steam.

It isn't a continuous investment, you pay once and you're ok.

Eventually you'll end up spending at least 5 bucks in Steam, therefore I really don't know what's the problem.

Well, if you live in a thrid world country where it's hard to get food, yes... You won't spend those 5 dollars (Which are 1,250 Bs.F in here)

Well, if you live in a thrid world country where it's hard to get food, yes... You won't spend those 5 dollars (Which are 1,250 Bs.F in here)

If you live in a third world country where it's hard to get food you probably won't even have neither a computer or an internet connection and, even if you have both, not being able to send friend requests isn't gonna be the biggest of your problems.

Edit: Btw, shouldn't this be in Off Topic?

Edited by PapaFragolino

If you live in a third world country where it's hard to get food you probably won't even have neither a computer or an internet connection and, even if you have both, not being able to send friend requests isn't gonna be the biggest of your problems.

Well, things weren't always this bad so I could get the computer a while ago, and my connection is so bad that I can't play Warframe online.

OHH This.

Pretty easy to explain really. It's a good thing steam did ages ago. To help curtail bots, spammers, scammers, abusers etc. You have to have spent a little money on steam AT SOME POINT. this is why you don't have 5 million people messaging you and bombarding you with friend requests on an otherwise free platform.

Odds are you probably spent money on steam at some point (buy a game) I'm fairly certain the only limitations are regarding friend requests and messages etc. Has nothing to do generally with anything you have.

Well, it's not even like it's a big deal, it's literally "if you've ever spent at least 5 dollars for ANYTHING via steam" you can use Steam's social functions.  If you haven't, then you can't message people via Steam. It's not even "pay Steam" it's pay for any game on Steam, you know, what the whole platform is about.

Oh okay.

Glad it won't &!$$ off infuriate half of the pc players... :p

Edited by unknow99

I love how the OP overreacts over the QoL improvement legitimate users have been waiting for years now, and how he fails to understand the notions that have been explained to him over and over again. But what I absolutely applaud is the title of the thread.
Come on, for the love of Cthulhu, grow up.

News is if we don't spend at least 5 bucks on STEAM u wont be able to use most of the functions on steam my question is what will happen to STEAM/warframe items ? Will they still be usable even if we did not invest money in steam ??? WHAT DOES IT MEAN ???

kjawOno.png

Source

Your items will be fine.

This is not news, man. It's been (mostly) like that for a very long time.