Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Innate Movement Powers?

Cursor

So I was thinking about movement in Warframe after finding out that Atterax has a crazy long distance jump attack. What would everyone think of frame specific movement powers? Like just double jump to literally double jump or short range teleport with Ash or a rising glide with Chroma's wings?

Parkour 2.0. Excalibur had this. You saw how that turned out. :/

Besides, some frames do already have stuff like this. Mirage has quicker animations and Zephyr has better verticality.

Aside from movement passives, Mesa was meant to have a weapon proficiency type of thing. I forgot if any other frames had any type of passive though.

Edited by Ordel

As long as Ember gets Iron Man-style jet gloves & boots, sure

I was totally thinking if this happened Ember could shoot fire jets from her hands and feet, yeah :B

Besides, some frames do already have stuff like this. Mirage has quicker animations and Zephyr has better verticality.

Aside from movement passives, Mesa was meant to have a weapon proficiency type of thing. I forgot if any other frames had any type of passive though.

Well Super Jump sucked because it was just absurdly clunky and slow. It lacked the versatility that jump attacks have. I was thinking more of a zero cost "press space in the air" kind of thing (instead of wasting an entire ability slot).

And yeah, that stuff is great, but why not go further?

Edited by Cursor

Zephyr is the only Warframe that had an actual passive effect. The whole "lighter than air/higher jump" deal. Passives for other frames would be things like innate fire resistance for ember/prime, cold resistance for frost/prime, electricity resistance for volt/prime, magnetic resistance for mag/prime. That's just an example, though. Do note that I mean resistance as in a reasonable damage/status reduction. Not complete immunity, since that would be possibly broken or op. The rest of the frames could have their own, and more unique passive effects that aren't generally for damage/resistance.

Give frost an icey slide,  Rhino an innate Heavy Impact effect, boost the wall jump-off speed for Volt, infinite wallhangs for Ash

That sorta thing?

The infinite wallhangs I think was a thing mentioned about parkour 2.0? Or at least they're planning on giving the option to stop.

But assuming you were asking me and not the other folks talking about innate passives, I was more talking about special active movement powers, not passive benefits. Like, think Destiny or Firefall's jetpack, glide, and blink (in the case of Destiny) style movement. Double jump, do a movement thing. Float slowly upward. Do a double jump. Glide quickly foward. Teleport a set distance. Heck, even an actual swing mechanic for Valkyr so you wouldn't need to cast ripline to get around.

Excalibur might have the super jump integrated in the jump button .... or at least that's what I took from what the devs said in devstram 50.

oh ... and Zephyr is lighter ...... you can controll her very good while in mid air (But for me .... this works only after I get out of 1 ~ 3 missions in which the inertia is even greater than other frames')

Edited by nekrojiji