Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overextended.

Gahrzerkire

As the year of quality drones on I would like to emphasize the importance that DE not get overextended with its work.

Try to focus on one thing at a time without adding any major additions to the game. We need this to be the year of quality lets look at each individual section of warframe and clean it up before adding more. (I know it delays focus but we need this)

Fix the Kubrows
Fix PvP

Fix Archwing

Fix Boss Fights

Fix Weapon Balance / Mr. Lock.

Fix Armor Scaling

Revamp/Fix Warframes and Abilities

Fix/Add to Lore.

If this year is going to end in a state that we can look back on happily, we are going to have to let DE focus on what they have without begging for more. They should clean the current system and embellish it to its prime state before adding anything else that is major.

Something similar to this was stated before the year began and i think it was forgotten.

I'd go:

Remake AI, make it smarter.

Turn off scaling completly, so instead of making enemies bullet sponges they get more tactical.

Get rid of a lot of the "damage" we have becuase of the fact that we don't need damage when the enemies no longer are bullet sponges.

Rebalance all weapons, now when the enemies aren't bullet sponges weapons who're considered bad today could be a nice choice compared to something else that's considered good today.

Remake a few things about Warframes, a minor thing would be some abilities like Venom on Saryn and/or a buff/change to her Molt.

Fix followers/companions so they're commandable and not in the way (kubrows especially, they're more of a burden than a actual benefi. At least to me).

More missions, variety and interaction within missions.

(then the rest you stated and other things that'll come along).

Most of these are already being done.

Excal is getting skills reworked

PVP is being built up and expanded on.

Sharkwing

Tyl Regor is being reworked (then kyla De Thaym)

- they are always working on balancing

Sentients are coming, that is lore.

The problem is the sentients are new enemies, excal is getting completely new abilities, sharkwing is being developed, tyl regor is being reworked, all at the same time. It seems like it all isnt getting enough attention, when it all merits alot of different kinds of attention but in the end... ALOT of attention and alot more then each individual thing gets. Which leads to lower quality output.

They have different teams assigned with different tasks. I can assure you that the content people are not the same people who fix the game. They have teams for every major portion of this game, so there will also be content coming out along side fixes and polish. They won't just flat out stop content production to focus only on polishing or else those guys wouldn't have work.

But I digress, they do need to fix a lot of stuff they implemented and then immediately abandoned. Archwing being the biggest one.

Fix Archwing

Yes, please.

This needs to happen: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/442008-archwing-augment-mods/#entry4906694

Sharkwing

Sharkwing is just another archwing, maybe even limited to the underwater tileset, that is NOT fixing archwing. Archwing needs more mods, weapons, mission types, bosses (J3 is coming, I know), from archwing to on foot transition (like in the trailer), more archwings (odonata prime was a waste of time for everyone involved, both players and developers) and a lot more.

Yes, please.

This needs to happen: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/442008-archwing-augment-mods/#entry4906694

Sharkwing is just another archwing, maybe even limited to the underwater tileset, that is NOT fixing archwing. Archwing needs more mods, weapons, mission types, bosses (J3 is coming, I know), from archwing to on foot transition (like in the trailer), more archwings (odonata prime was a waste of time for everyone involved, both players and developers) and a lot more.

Very true. But really it is in opposition to TC's point. Most people don't play Archwing, so if they put all their effort on it (as TC suggests singular) I don't think it would make many happy. So the question is what should they focus on first.

Part of the reason there are various things being worked on is that they are in different stages.

example, lets say that DE focuses all effort on creating a new warframe.

I'll break it down to different departments / categories. Art, Animation, Coding, Implementation, Quality.

Step 1, pen and paper design Art Team is busy, everyone else sits around doing nothing.

Step 2. Animation gets it, all other teams sit and do nothing.

Step 3. Coding, all other teams do nothing.

.... you get the picture.

By solely focusing on a single topic you waste productivity of 80% (based on 1 of the 5 groups being utilized) of your workforce.

They way it really goes is Art Team is working on a new Tileset, Animation is working on a new Warframe, that Art already finished, Coding is working on a new tile set that animation already finished, implementation is working on a new enemy that was finished by coding and quality is working on balancing a new game mode that was already finished by implementation.

I think DE could do a better job in their communication on what order they are going for. It is difficult, because in programing one person could mess something up and set the project back a day or so. Making promises, which they are deliberately avoiding can cause issues when they want to choose quality over speed.

I use Blizzard as an example, Blizzard is notorious for pushing back their release dates, people get upset but when the game comes out its of much higher quality than others that aren't truly ready for the public, but since the date was set it was released anyways (SWG is an example of this imo)

In truth you can't please them all, if you don't give people an idea on when things will come they get upset, if you push back a release date they get upset and if you release a poor quality product on the date you said they get upset. DE is choosing option 1, I personally prefer option 2. I've very big on transparency and communication. I think that will keep people interested.

If DE were you improve communication they could avoid some of the negativity about lack up specific dates. Unfortunately this could bring a new issue up, that is, discussing things that end up getting shelved or changed. i.e. "brand new arcwing mode is coming soon" but it turns out it gets put on hold, or runs into serious issues that prevent it from being realized, then people would get upset about a "broken promise" People generally feel that any announcement by a company (official or otherwise) is a "promise" which is unfortunate. That is why I don't think many of the Dev team participate on the forums. All discussions about what is in the works and their ideas have to be cleared to be discussed, etc. You can see this in the DevStreams when they say "am I able to say this?" Obviously no one wants to constantly bother their boss to see if they can say thing if they are going above and beyond, and as a result they end up not even involving themselves to avoid the risk of getting in trouble for accidentally saying something they weren't suppose to.

Very true. But really it is in opposition to TC's point. Most people don't play Archwing, so if they put all their effort on it (as TC suggests singular) I don't think it would make many happy. So the question is what should they focus on first.

True, but the point is that people don't play archwing because it's not good enough at the moment and there's not enough content, I myself ignored it for a very long time and then the fomorians came and I wanted to partecipate in the event. I'm not saying that DE should focus ALL their attention to archwing, of course I'd want all the other stuff like fixes, new weapons, warfames etc.

Thing is they know it's underdeveloped, they know most people don't like it the way it is and they know they want to improve it. They hinted at some things during devstreams that may come or not, that's not the point, thing is people don't perceive archwing as part of the "main game" it's just a different mode to them, almost like Dark Sector or PVP, while DE doesn't feel this way (and I agree). They're trying to give archwing a good name with the next "Trial" (raid), supposedly there will be an archwing section to it and the new Sharkwing will be needed for underwater sections in the new tileset. They are trying to make this better so that people will like it, we will see with the new updates if this push for archwing integration will be perceived as a good thing or if the hate will go on forever.

Some things just had to be changed and DE thought that PVP was a good point where to start, there's a small team dedicated just to that mode now and it seems that people like this mode, I hope the same thing will happen for archwing, nothing more.

About the lack of updates ETAs, I think it's ok, "they'll be out when they're ready", pushing stuff back is not ok to a lot of people (even if it means a better product, go figure it out).

Also, remember Diablo 3's launch? xD

True, but the point is that people don't play archwing because it's not good enough at the moment and there's not enough content, I myself ignored it for a very long time and then the fomorians came and I wanted to partecipate in the event. I'm not saying that DE should focus ALL their attention to archwing, of course I'd want all the other stuff like fixes, new weapons, warfames etc.

Thing is they know it's underdeveloped, they know most people don't like it the way it is and they know they want to improve it. They hinted at some things during devstreams that may come or not, that's not the point, thing is people don't perceive archwing as part of the "main game" it's just a different mode to them, almost like Dark Sector or PVP, while DE doesn't feel this way (and I agree). They're trying to give archwing a good name with the next "Trial" (raid),

Snip

Also, remember Diablo 3's launch? xD

D3's launch issue was server side, not game, based on my memory. That happens at nearly all AAA online games.

I know one limit in Archwing I remember hearing Scott or Steve say, was about how the programmers were very adamant about keeping archwing and regular missions totally separate. That may have changed since but the problem is there is no reason for many to do it. Plus Archwing is optional so you can't have it randomly happen since not everyone has access to it.

The problem is the sentients are new enemies, excal is getting completely new abilities, sharkwing is being developed, tyl regor is being reworked, all at the same time. It seems like it all isnt getting enough attention, when it all merits alot of different kinds of attention but in the end... ALOT of attention and alot more then each individual thing gets. Which leads to lower quality output.

This would be true if everyone on the team did everything. Game development is split into several smaller teams all working on their own little sections.

They aren't going to get much done with that -60 Power Strength 

I see what you did there.

while we are at it, fix insane credit sinks as well (transmutation, trading, fusion) and fix trading in general. I would like in a year of 2015, to have an option to buy more than 4 cores per trade and have a slider option, like we have for platinum. I would also like to pay a little less of  communism tax rates on pretty much anything, that i would like to do. 

I am at 100mil creds earned and was around e-gate, chroma effigy and double credit weekends and i'm still running low on creds somewhat. This is actually quite insane when u think about it.