Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nexus Is Interrupting Other Apps

Stephen_Pershaw

It seems that whenrvers when it is running in the background on my HTC evo 3d that it comes to the foreground briefly interrupting whatever you are doing.   you are doing. or instance if I am playing a game the game pauses, Nexus flashes then goes back to the background.  It myou are doing.  frustrating time so I have to turn it off if I plan to do something longer than five minutes or so.

Anyone else experiencing this¿

It seems that whenrvers when it is running in the background on my HTC evo 3d that it comes to the foreground briefly interrupting whatever you are doing.   you are doing. or instance if I am playing a game the game pauses, Nexus flashes then goes back to the background.  It myou are doing.  frustrating time so I have to turn it off if I plan to do something longer than five minutes or so.

Anyone else experiencing this¿

I think all android users are getting this im using android 4.2.2, I think this is the major problem with teh aleart app this is the only reason im not using the app in abckground cause it always try bring itself to the foreground ever min

Guys let's not let things go to any back and forth about the post the main thing is that we try to get the issues with the app known.

Yes the other thread was where issues were to go.

Yes people are going to make post out side it.

Yes I don't know if anything i'm saying is true but one good reason to stick to one thread is that the one that was linked is already drawing views to it.

Another reason would be to give the devs one place to look rather then 5 seeing as what was it one person is working on the app so it can't be easy.

Edited by DreadWolf7

Well since the first two times I said it there was no understanding I figured rewording and repeating a few times might make people understand the concept that I previously thought was straight forward and simple.  Putting a bunch of random issues in a single thread doesn't help anyone and it shouldn't be done.  Again this sub-forum was created specifically for bugs regarding the Warframe Nexus app and the sub-forum should be used in that fashion, not just putting issues of varying types in the *one* thread that Rebecca started.

That being your line of thinking I was thinking that the thread getting the most views would have a good chance of getting more views.

The other issue with what you are saying is we tend to end up with 5 threads about the same issue ether way.

I never said don't make a new thread for an issue I was just saying that maybe a thread with a lot of views would help get your issue noticed?

On another note random means they happen randomly or near there what I have seen is not random.  Screen refresh interupting programs/Alert sync off by upto 3 minutes/ a lot of people had the issue of not getting updates after 1.6/  hardly random. 

I have been helping the people with filtering issues best as I could and I have been trying to help people with the refresh issue best I could because I want people to enjoy the app and be able to use it.

All that said If the issues were listed all in one spot (cutting out the random post of bump or I got this issue too) We would have a list of issues that need looking into.

That being your line of thinking I was thinking that the thread getting the most views would have a good chance of getting more views.

The other issue with what you are saying is we tend to end up with 5 threads about the same issue ether way.

I never said don't make a new thread for an issue I was just saying that maybe a thread with a lot of views would help get your issue noticed?

On another note random means they happen randomly or near there what I have seen is not random.  Screen refresh interupting programs/Alert sync off by upto 3 minutes/ a lot of people had the issue of not getting updates after 1.6/  hardly random. 

I have been helping the people with filtering issues best as I could and I have been trying to help people with the refresh issue best I could because I want people to enjoy the app and be able to use it.

All that said If the issues were listed all in one spot (cutting out the random post of bump or I got this issue too) We would have a list of issues that need looking into.

My whole point is simply this: they made this sub-forum for the Warframe Nexus app, that means they want us to use the sub-forum, otherwise they'd have just made a post in one of the other forums, never made this sub-forum and would have said "post all issues here". They clearly want the issues listed as they do in every other forum, not just attached to one long post.

As for your take on my use of "random" I don't think you understood what I was actually saying. A bunch of random issues as in a bunch of unrelated (to each other) issues of different manner, not that they weren't happening to a lot of people. The whole point behind having a sub-forum for something is so that all threads about it can be put in the same place for the devs to see it.

There's unfortunately no way to fix the app coming to the forefront due to the way it was coded, because it does it when it refreshes. I wish I had more specifics on when it does it or what could be triggering it, but I've only noticed it happening when I was in another app doing something. It doesn't seem to happen all the time however, and it doesn't happen when navigating the home screens/using widgets, it's only when in another app.

Those interruptions are happening to me as well. Highly noticeable watching a YouTube video, as they stop every ~2 mins and need to manually be played again and reload the data. Tested with 100% reproduction success using the latest app version as today (1.7) in Android 4.2.2 in both Nexus 4 & 7.

My whole point is simply this: they made this sub-forum for the Warframe Nexus app, that means they want us to use the sub-forum, otherwise they'd have just made a post in one of the other forums, never made this sub-forum and would have said "post all issues here". They clearly want the issues listed as they do in every other forum, not just attached to one long post.

As for your take on my use of "random" I don't think you understood what I was actually saying. A bunch of random issues as in a bunch of unrelated (to each other) issues of different manner, not that they weren't happening to a lot of people. The whole point behind having a sub-forum for something is so that all threads about it can be put in the same place for the devs to see it.

There's unfortunately no way to fix the app coming to the forefront due to the way it was coded, because it does it when it refreshes. I wish I had more specifics on when it does it or what could be triggering it, but I've only noticed it happening when I was in another app doing something. It doesn't seem to happen all the time however, and it doesn't happen when navigating the home screens/using widgets, it's only when in another app.

Again I never said anything at all about you making a new thread being wrong. Yes I did get your point the very first time you posted it and the second the third and the fourth.  All I was atempting to do is get the issue you had noticed by saying you could put it in the thread that had more views. I didn't say remove this one. 

Now if you are saying the issue is in the coding it seems there won't be anything they can do unless they redo the coding.

If that is the case I would say use what other people are doing sign up for twitter and only follow the alert page then turn that on when you want to watch youtube do other things. 

If all else fails I don't think missing an alert will be the end of us.

Well, either way I posted it to the said link. So there, here, or on Google play the problem should be seen.  I don't know if here or there is the right place, but I re-posted there.  I don't know if her original post was to put them all there or all in this sub-forum but unless she chimes in speculation is just that.  So can we please use this thread to carefully document the problem, and I will place a link on my re-post in the other thread to show that this is were we are hashing it out.  That sound agreeable?

Well, either way I posted it to the said link. So there, here, or on Google play the problem should be seen.  I don't know if here or there is the right place, but I re-posted there.  I don't know if her original post was to put them all there or all in this sub-forum but unless she chimes in speculation is just that.  So can we please use this thread to carefully document the problem, and I will place a link on my re-post in the other thread to show that this is were we are hashing it out.  That sound agreeable?

Perfectly so. I can also say that it not only forces it's way to the front for all of half a second it has closed my chat in the steam app tonight or this morning. First time I had used my phone for the time needed for a refresh to hit it I guess.

Unfortunately it has gotten bad enough that I've stopped using the official app for now. DaveClandestine's app uses the twitter feed for sourcing so it's a little slower reporting wise and doesn't have a specific item filter, but it doesn't come to the forefront and uses standard android notification. Personally I don't worry about the filters because I use silent notification and the notification light so until the official app is fixed this is my alternative.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WarframeOpenCommunity.AlertSystem&feature=nav_other#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDYsImNvbS5XYXJmcmFtZU9wZW5Db21tdW5pdHkuQWxlcnRTeXN0ZW0iXQ

Edited by plznohurtme

Having this issue as well.

Only real additional info is that it's occurring on a Galaxy Nexus running the latest CyanogenMod build (Non-standard Rom/kernel).

I am also running the latest build of CM.. But yes it comes up for less than a fraction of a second often times you wont even see the screen.  It happens when it runs its update, and it is regular like every 2-5 minutes.  I tried timing it but it didn't interrupt my stopwatch app. Like it does full screen apps.  I was going to try to adjust the frequency of its polling the server but this wasn't possible, so I am unsure as to exactly how many minutes apart the polls are but it is very obviously the culprit.  Has anyone timed it?

• 2 weeks later...

Happens to me too since the last update. HTC Desire Z with Andromadus 4.0.3. Sometimes it even pops up and stays on screen, if the the device was on home screen.

Devs, are you updating the Alerts via Activity instead of background Service?