Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Aoe Blasts Interfere With Stealth

StoneBrigand

Lately I've been leveling my Vaykor Marelok after I formaed it. I put a suppress mod on it so I can get stealth bonuses for kills. It's great except the syndicate AOE blasts activate frequently in the middle of a good stealth kill spree, so I have to try to prevent the blast by getting out of enemy range. When the blast hit enemies, even if it kills everyone it damages, it cancels the stealth bonus. Say I'm at a 500% bonus level. One AOE proc that hits enemies and I'm back to square one. 

I think we need an option to delay the syndicate AOE blasts and deploy them when they're most useful. Perhaps make the AOE blast activation available from the mouse wheel, kind of like a 5 ability?

I do agree that activation would be good (but optional cause i like it automatic) but dude... you are basically saying "i want this weapon that has an explosive effect to be stealth"... come on, sometimes we have to choose... it's like saying "can we get an option to walk both backwards and forwards?" 

Just avoid using such weapons for stealth?  How do you expect aoe blast procs to be silent ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Alternatively switch to another weapon before you hack a console so as not to allow the massive affinity charge the AoE attack.

you are basically saying "i want this weapon that has an explosive effect to be stealth"

Provided that the Ogris is still silent (the Penta as well, as far as I remember), he might have a point there, I guess. Maybe

Anyways, just have the Syndicate explosion detonate at will. 

I agree with the fact that the explosion should not be automatic, because often it activates when it's useless and, in high level missions, it activates so many times it becomes a little annoying (in particular if you're in squad with a nova)... among the controls we have a wonderful "secondary fire mode" button: let's use it!

It is not so much the AoE explosion not being silent as much as when it does not kill the enemy on the proc.

Like if you use an unmodded Bow on Ceres or Pluto Spy missions.

I stopped taking Syndicate Proc weapons/mods on Spy runs...

But I also started using Enemy Radar on Spy missions just in case another player joins...

I honestly dislike Syndicate explosions in general. We have plenty of radial powers for those who want them, powers not weirdly tied to affinity. I wish filling that meter just added a time-limited general weapon buff (faster reload speed or bigger magazine or extra range or something) because that encourages using the weapon more instead of just killing everything you were using the weapon on. This is all beside the stealth issue, but changing the syndicate procs in this way would improve that.

I agree with the fact that the explosion should not be automatic, because often it activates when it's useless and, in high level missions, it activates so many times it becomes a little annoying (in particular if you're in squad with a nova)... among the controls we have a wonderful "secondary fire mode" button: let's use it!

You do realize that the secondary fire button is the zoom for most weapons right? For the ones where that is not the case, it detonates stuff or actually fires it's bullets in a different way.