Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crashes Nvidia Display Driver (April 2015)

FrostHunter24

I had a lot of crashes over the past few weeks on my Nvidia GTX780 no matter the drivers, no matter the settings...  So I went on a troubleshooting frenzy and found out the problem was related to PhysX.  It made sense since most crashes seemed to happen when lot of particules were involved.  After looking around, I found out some stuff of my old Radeon setup didn't get properly deleted, which was interferring with PhysX and causing the crashes.  Once everything was removed, I did a clean install of my Nivida drivers (I currently use 337.50 beta drivers and it's stable) and PhysX software and it fixed it.  If you guys also had an AMD card before your Nvidia, you might want to check it out as well, it's worth a try at least.  I used  Display Driver Uninstaller which can be found on Guru3D website, used it in Windows safe mode as recommended and that's how I found the leftovers and removed them.  Hope this helps! 

-Edit: Missing a word ;)

Edited by ThreatSignalQc

Do you have DX 11 or 64 Bit on? I know that my friend was crashing alot with those on. I'm not sure which one it is but, you can give that a try.

Tried them all now and still the same.

New crash: WAR-220195

So Multithreading, DX9/11 and 32/64bit makes no difference from what I can tell. PhysX is off too.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

hmhm, everything was much better this time playing derelict, whether its the clean-install of all graphics drivers or the recent hot-fixing I don't know. But I now believe I can complete derelicts.

I do get a minor freeze for just some seconds just after skipping intro.

the latest test ended in failure though, one door was bugged shut so I could not complete and after completely exploring all other rooms the game chrashed at approximately 30 minutes with WAR-221428

-on late memory I think most of my game chrashes happens at the same time as the lotus saying something and her icon popping in view

I'm getting constant driver failure and WAR-223449 with my GTX 660. I never have any issues with anything else.

Just verified local files and it said 117 need to be redownloaded, 4.2 GB... guess thats the whole game.

Edited by Stevmm

I'm getting constant driver failure and WAR-223449 with my GTX 660. I never have any issues with anything else.

Just verified local files and it said 117 need to be redownloaded, 4.2 GB... guess thats the whole game.

Warframe patches independently of the Steam content distribution. You're effectively rolling back to a prior Warframe version, which the WF launcher will then have to re-patch. If you're going to verify, use the WF launcher. Click the cog icon in the upper right corner, then the Verify button below Download Cache.

Lol, just validated my steam files, 114 needed fixes.....4.2Gb!! I think I've gone down this road before, nothing changes. I think I may delete from steam and use 'vanilla' client

Don't do this. The version that Steam has is Update 10 or something like that. So obviously, when you checked your cache with update 13 installed, Steam found none of the original files, and downlaoded the whole game again from 2013 xd

If you want to verify your files, do it trough the Warframe launcher, it has the same function.

Edited by Raiden_chino

Thank you all for your replies, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one faced with this issue. I'm fairly certain that this started happening update 13 for me aswell. Unfortunately no matter what I've tried, I always get that same crash. Hopefully there will be an upcoming hotfix because I've done all I could to try to fix this issue on my side.

I see from the logs that you have NVidia PhysX Effects enabled, does it make a difference if you disable them ?

Tried them all now and still the same.

New crash: WAR-220195

So Multithreading, DX9/11 and 32/64bit makes no difference from what I can tell. PhysX is off too.

Well, I see in crash WAR-220195 that the NVidia PhysX effect were enabled.

If your graphic card is unstable, by all means KEEP PhysX effect disabled.

NVidia PhysX Effect uses Cuda technology that may chuckle in case of a driver reset (typically a graphic card crash). 

Edited by DE_Js

Well, I see in crash WAR-220195 that the NVidia PhysX effect were enabled.

If your graphic card is unstable, by all means KEEP PhysX effect disabled.

NVidia PhysX Effect uses Cuda technology that may chuckle in case of a driver reset (typically a graphic card crash). 

Well that is odd then as I have it disabled in my settings, and have done for several months now. I've got a GTX660 if that helps at all.

EDIT: Just had another crash - WAR-226309

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

Shifty, I took a look at your crash and this is because your hardware crashed and your drivers have "reset" it, and then something in NVidias code crashed :-(

This is independent of Warframe. We don't have much control on that code and it's not guaranteed that the application is fully functional after such crash

• 2 weeks later...

really hope there soon will be a fix...

have tryed resetting all my overclockes.

tryed newest nvidia beta drivers and newest none beta drivers.

have every update on windows update

have done tests to see if there is any harddisk errors

tempratures are no were near the temps that can cause overheat errors/crashes

have redownloaded warframe..

i am using dx 11 in the launcher..

have tryed closing every none essential application in the background...

tryed every vsync setting

the problem started after u13

i have no issues in eso, skyrim,planetside 2, apb reloaded, diablo 3, titanfall or in any of my 3d software (3ds max and mudbox)

i'am running

windows  8.1

on a

intel i7 920

nvidia gtx 680

open msconfig.exe, click services and then click hide all microsoft services; disable all non microsoft services and reboot the computer then try warframe

as i already said i have tryed closing all none essential software.

also i would not disable every none microsoft service as that would include all nvidia services and antivirus/firewall ( :

i also highly doubt is being caused by external software as this issue was none existing before u13

been trying this out the last few days and was starting to think it fixed the crashing but sadly no.... just had a crash. i asume it was the display drivers that died again but i'am not sure as the "fix" makes windows unable to restart the drivers so the pc was frozen doing what apears to be nothing and ctrl-alt-deleat had no effect. 

Hello, fellow players that crash.

a staff told me a solution for my ever worsening crashes.

by just simply typing at the command prompt (run as admin)

bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

restart (important)

works well, no crash since ive restarted, and i was crashing 80% of the time due to the fact that im using a fairly 3rd worldish computer.

please spread the word if this fix works thanks and have a great day.

Edited by Ritchel