Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crashes Nvidia Display Driver (April 2015)

FrostHunter24

You should probably mention this for those with 32 bit OS and have 4 GB+ of memory.  This is also called the 3GB switch in some circles.

Windows partitions the available 4GB of address space on a 32 bit system in half, so that the kernel get 2GB and the program gets 2GB (its virtualized so each program gets 2GB). The "bcedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" command changes the partitioning so that each program gets 3GB and kernel space only gets 1GB. Mostly this works fine, but you can run into trouble. Some drivers that runs in kernel space that has been hard coded to assume it has 2GB of address space available that causes the problems when it attempt to use the 2GB of address space without bothering to check whether it can.

Warframe has a problem with ATI Drivers as well.

3 game crashes ive had today.

Warframe should really improve its engine.
Something went wrong in the last update.

Because since the last update Im starting to have these crashes.

• 1 month later...

on the option menu on the launcher try disabling dx 11, multithreaded rendering and enable full screen.

Then in the game go to menu and disable PhysX if it's enabled.

If you have a realtek audio driver try disabling it through the device manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been receiving a crash on NVidia Drivers for a long while.  The game will freeze, then go to the background/minimized.  I can still hear gameplay sound, but I can't return to the process.  After a while it will crash.  Here is the error code I received:

WAR-263136

I have tried 64 bit mode on/off, directX 11 on/off, PhysX turned off, etc.  I am not overclocking.  I have tried a few different drivers.  I'm thinking it might be the power supply, as the same issue is happening in another game.

lately this sort of crash happens quite often.

Especially when using desecrate with necros a lot, typically next to vaubanns vortex.

I'll get a log next time it happens.

660 ti here, with quite late drivers and physx turned off.

I felt that the physx particle were a hard time on the gpu, so I put them off.

Edited by SirSlayer

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue, so many people with the same problem having driver crashes if you ask me it has nothing to do with out systems and more about something to do with the game.

But this is really becoming a pain in the &#! as i cannot do survival mission without the fear of crashing and losing all the resources ive earn.

Also the driver crashes i am having happens only with warframe none of my other games crash like this and i play 90% of my games on max settings with a stable 60 fps.

So i dont think this has something to do with my pc more like something to do with the game itself.

I know its still in beta but these crashes and urging me to go look for something else to play despite the fact that it seems like a really awesome game.

Having the same problem. Game is crashing my graphics driver. I have a strong enough system to play this game 3 times over with maxed settings. This is an issue with the client. I haven't played since Dec. 2013 but its same to come back to a game less stable than it was before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on an AMD Driver, and ever since the last update this has been happening to me as well. It seems to do it more or less every 15-20 minutes of gameplay in missions. My drivers are all updated, and all of my other games work peachy, even ones with higher visual requirements (meaning yes, Im pretty sure whatever was added last update is what is affecting my display driver).

I'm on an AMD Driver, and ever since the last update this has been happening to me as well. It seems to do it more or less every 15-20 minutes of gameplay in missions. My drivers are all updated, and all of my other games work peachy, even ones with higher visual requirements (meaning yes, Im pretty sure whatever was added last update is what is affecting my display driver).

Having the same issue (on my NVidia GTX 570) since the VERY latest hotfix my launcher DL'd. Didn't see my client crash anymore since I switched to DX9 and when it was introduced, to DX10. Now Warframe is constantly crashing my GPU.

My GTX 570 always had problems with driver-resets so I don't get why they are happening on every mission I try to Play at the moment. I know it's an old chipset, but it usually doesn't have such trouble.

And yes, I installed the latest driver - no different.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Hey so any word on this?

This game, despite being in beta, is collecting a stream of revenue so its hard to pull the "its a beta" wild card when issues like this persist where paying/non-paying customers can't even play the game for more than 20 minutes.

This is the only game that does this to my gfx card, I just get the "graphics card has stopped responding and has recovered".

• 3 weeks later...

The problem for me is that when the graphics driver recovers from the crash the game turns invisible, Full Screen, Borderless windowed or windowed makes little difference, the game itself does not like when the graphics driver crashes, in other games they come back almost instantly, Warframe though just stays effectively invisible.

The problem for me is that when the graphics driver recovers from the crash the game turns invisible, Full Screen, Borderless windowed or windowed makes little difference, the game itself does not like when the graphics driver crashes, in other games they come back almost instantly, Warframe though just stays effectively invisible.

I finally got a case where this happened, Warframe then crashed and the crash reporter came up,  in case it helps anyone: Bug number WAR-333948

• 2 weeks later...

I am now experiencing this bug. Twice now since this week's update.

I'm also experiencing a large volume of stuttering when new models seem to get loaded up, such as a stalker, trio, or harvester, or assassins if they are of an enemy type not already loaded.

Edited by nulloperations

• 3 weeks later...

when i click on "PLAY" i will get the following error: "The Evolution Engine stopped working" (twice) - anyway the game will start. when in mission the game crashes as described (ie. Nvidia drivers stopped working). the error messages appear frequently after the last hotfix/update.

on my side i already tried any thing:

- i removed the 3D Vision Drivers

- i restored the "most" stable drivers for my graphic card (~2013)

- DirectX 11 and support for 64bit have been disabled - just to report: Windows 8.1 64bit (downloaded from Microsoft website, totally legit), DirectX 11 fully supported. it's a joke, isn't it?

[ OT ] ..players get kicked from their lobbies, Vor/mobs still spawn inside walls, hostmigration doesn't work at all (if host crashes you will come back to the multiplayer menu losing all your XP and loot..). the game is funny, but my gameplay experience is constantly and totally ruined by these kind of issues. after 2 years yet i cannot stand 15 minutes safely and quietly.

when drivers crash, the game will still run in the background... excuse me, what?

other times computer freezes and i must reboot it by myself.

Edited by memeth

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, "WAR-336917"

• 3 months later...

Did someone found fix?

Had the issue pop up periodically over the course of 5 months. Turned out my gtx 660 was defective (I noticed a strange dark spot on the board.. suspect that something burnt itself out or overheated).

I returned it to manufacturer for a replacement and have not had the issue for 3 months now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem which is similar to what other users experienced below:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340662-black-screen-while-in-mission/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2pzcdp/random_minimize_and_black_screen_on_maximize/

Mid way during missions, warframe would randomly minimize and when opened again it would result in a black screen.

I can still "play" the game meaning I can attack and move and hear sounds but only can see a black screen. When I  press esc, it brings up the esc menu no problem and when I exit the menu I can see all the things but as soon as I move the black screen returns.

Specs:

Cpu: i5 4590

Gpu : Msi gtx 970 gaming 4g

tried unparking cpu cores and turning on vsync but to no avail

I've had the exact same problemL; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/443120-the-crash-to-desktop-permanent-minimization-during-a-mission-bug-or-good-luck-trying-to-play-a-long-mission-bug/

and it's been going on for over a year: http://steamcommunity.com//app/230410/discussions/0/558753803986830871/

I think the dev's would rather mess around adding useless augment mods than actually fix their game.

I've been a player since about January and switched over to a 980 Amp! Extreme two months ago. Since then, playing this game has been a near nightmare. The game crashes about once every 3 hours or so, in any mission, dojo, or even my lisset. Upon crashing, Nvidia notifies me that my drivers have crashed and recovered, and I'm booted out of warframe, but it's still open and I can hear all the sound effects in real time, I just can't load back in. Clanmates say I run in place while this happens. If I leave it alone long enough, it'll give me WAR-26136 as an error code. I've tried literally everything. I have reloaded drivers, reloaded windows, loaded old driver sets, run warframe in compatibility mode, checked and unchecked every launcher and display setting in game, in the launcher, and in GeForce Experience (AA, PhysX, 64-bit, multi-core, DX9/10/11, etc, etc, etc, etc) and when I crash with each of those setting ticked and unticked, it'll give me a slightly new crash code, but it always comes back to good ol' 26136, unless I run it on DX9. If I run on DX9, my game will freeze, my headphones will emit a Banshee grade audio screech, and I will have to restart my computer to make anything change. I'm at a loss of what to do here and I am very, very sad because this is my favorite game (over 350 hours so far). I hope I can get some assistance with this. Anything that will help. Please.

My specs:

Intel 5820K 4.0GhZ

16GB DDR4 2400MhZ

Zotac 980 Amp! Extreme (stock clock)

ASUS X99A 2011-v3 

Samsung 850 Evo SSD

RAIDMAX 1200W PSU

Everything is well cooled and runs every other game PERFECTLY. This is the ONLY game that this computer spits out. I don't wanna have to find another game, but if this keeps happening I'm gonna have to :(

You're not the only one getting issues like this. I've been getting it too, (i have resorted to using borederless Windowed for now & it seems to keep the issues at bay.) I really hope they do something to fix this. I noticed that this issue came around the same time we were introduced to the liset.