Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Met My First Manic Today...

(XBOX)Grihaly

Yeah. They aren't too bad then. That is about the level I'm used to seeing them when I farm some.

They're pretty nasty as the levels climb though. Once you can't kill them quickly they're actually pretty good at making you miserable.

Just encountered one on Ceres, level 41. He didn't even touch me before he was choking on his own blood.

...Manics are fun!

Just wrote a long post on this but:

1. When you hear the laugh switch to Melee and hug a corner or wall where you are away from other enemies that could get in the way. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but running to a wide open space is only going to draw out the fight and this new game mechanic is annoying as it is without taking up more of your time.

2. Once you're set, block and patiently wait for the Manic to find you. Make sure you are flat against a wall or corner or else he may drop in behind you. Whatever happens though- DO NOT STOP BLOCKING.

3. When he shows up he'll juke around like a bag of feral cats, then initiate his tackle/lunge/win attack. If you are blocking he will bounce off of your blocking weapon in a stunned phase- take this moment to swipe him a few times. Once he poofs away reset in your corner/wall wait for him again.

4. Repeat until he's dead- if you have a sentinel with formidable damage output this will go much faster.

I've been doing this all day on Ceres and 35+ alert missions whenever he pops up. Whether I've had a Dual Zoren, Tipedo, Gram, or Kestral equipped  it's proven an effective strategy to kill him without taking any damage in the process. I even got a Flow Mod from one so that's dandy.

---

There, that took me maybe 2 minutes to type that up. I realize that a lot of people like to posture with MLG rhetoric but it does no one any service to stroke your own ego whenever someone is clearly struggling with a new game mechanic on Day 0 of the new update. Rather than taking the moment to be a cool guy at least contribute some advice.

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco