Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Met My First Manic Today...

(XBOX)Grihaly

At least 20, I was on Phobos working on the New Strange quest. 

Yeah. They aren't too bad then. That is about the level I'm used to seeing them when I farm some.

They're pretty nasty as the levels climb though. Once you can't kill them quickly they're actually pretty good at making you miserable.

every time i hear the laugh i just move into an open area, wait for it to appear then shoot it as i dodge. usually dies from that if it doesnt just repeat it. most people that i read that are being killed by it are not either trying to look for it or stand in a tight room trying to fight it which is in a way not a good idea.

Only problems I had with Manics were on the Tactical Alert, where they were level 80, and on Law of Retribution, where, if you're on button duty, you're forced to stay still and let them approach and kill you as you can do very little to defend yourself. I think their difficulty level is adequate.

My sentinel killed my first encounter with manic. I was doing the first mission of A new strange so the level of the enemies were low. Still I found it hilarious that my sentinel killed the manic. (I wasn't aware that there was a manic following me and my Carrier keeps shooting the poor guy.)

Edited by (PS4)TakkiBurisTabbel

Some players will tell you how to exploit their AI.  I only recommend this for scanning them because they don't hold still otherwise.

Some good players will tell you how to actually fight them.  Melee works wonders actually.  Block an attack > strike the moment they land.  Can get tricky with several attacking at once, but far from impossible, and definitely makes for one of Warframe's better  enemy encounters.

If you just don't give a $#!%, summon a spectre with a ray-trace  weapon, like the latron prime or tiberon (something high in base damage.)  They won't miss an opportunity as long as there is nothing else to focus on.

Edited by Littleman88

Pro-tip, just stand on a box soon as you hear the laughter.  Manic can't jump/climb.

They can do their super cheap ability where they jump on you and push you over while scratching your face and 90% of the time, 1 shotting you.

Happened in blackout.......... many times.

They're so annoying to scan T__T  But yeah, they aren't hard to kill, they aren't even that high damage for there level and class. They just move around alot, and very quickly. Seriously, we're supposed to be the ninjas but this guy is faster than a Loki coptering with speed and warcry activated.

That laughter announcing his presence is pretty creepy.

I love it. I get about as excited when I hear it as I used to months ago when Stalker would make the lights flicker... back when I needed more stuff from him than Despair. Now it's a 'meh' expression, because he dies and gives me something that is not Despair, sometimes nothing at all >:(

But yeah Manics, are fun.

Only problems I had with Manics were on the Tactical Alert, where they were level 80, and on Law of Retribution, where, if you're on button duty, you're forced to stay still and let them approach and kill you as you can do very little to defend yourself. I think their difficulty level is adequate.

Hahaha I can just imagine that on button duty, hearing the laugh and just silently saying shiiiiiiiii

At least 20, I was on Phobos working on the New Strange quest. 

Try 10 level 50s at the same time~

That should be slightly challenging for you~

But it was quite easy for me~ ;D I remember making a thread about it once with screenshots of me fighting 20 level 50 Manics at the same time with just my Scindo Prime and Rhino Prime! ;D

It was tough~ o 3o

But I killed them all! >;D

Edited by Zarozian