Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U8 - Primes

Thypari2013

Change the Orokin Cell of the blueprint to the vanilla Warframe already!

That actually doesn't make sense since Primes are not skins but completely different Warframes.

Primes are older and made by the Orokin. The vanilla Warframes are knockoffs made by the Tenno.

...so because it's tough, it's a bad idea?

Yes and no. There's a limit to how "tough" something should be. If frost's prints dropped often, it wouldn't be bad, but with systems generally being VERY VERY rare, how many times would someone have to endure running that one mission? I personally ran the jackal ~50 times for the rhino systems, so I hate farming anything for systems now.

Probably shouldn't ignore the other more important points made and just nitpick.

I posted at the same time as rawgritz, so at the moment I hit post, it was the only point

Yes and no. There's a limit to how "tough" something should be. If frost's prints dropped often, it wouldn't be bad, but with systems generally being VERY VERY rare, how many times would someone have to endure running that one mission? I personally ran the jackal ~50 times for the rhino systems, so I hate farming anything for systems now.

I understand RNG can be frustrating. (I'm still waiting for my first nyx drop.) But the point is that, atm, we are assuming that frost prime will be similar to excal prime, IE an extra polarity slot. The devs also mentioned some sort of advantage on the orokin tileset. Barring balance changes that we do not know about yet, this makes frost prime flat out better than frost. 

If one is simply better than the other, why would anyone bother to look for frost's blueprints anymore? The OP is simply the most common way of addressing this issue. Other topics have also suggested that the frost should have to be rank 30 before it can be upgraded, making the prime version more of a long term achievement rather than just another frame. 

I posted at the same time as rawgritz, so at the moment I hit post, it was the only point

I understand RNG can be frustrating. (I'm still waiting for my first nyx drop.) But the point is that, atm, we are assuming that frost prime will be similar to excal prime, IE an extra polarity slot. The devs also mentioned some sort of advantage on the orokin tileset. Barring balance changes that we do not know about yet, this makes frost prime flat out better than frost. 

If one is simply better than the other, why would anyone bother to look for frost's blueprints anymore? The OP is simply the most common way of addressing this issue. Other topics have also suggested that the frost should have to be rank 30 before it can be upgraded, making the prime version more of a long term achievement rather than just another frame. 

That is all assuming it isn't exclusive and all the people with blue prints out there now aren't the only ones going to get it.

Change the Orokin Cell of the blueprint to the vanilla Warframe already!

In the livestream the DE team made it clear that this isn't going to happen. They explained that primes are made by orokin and the "vanilla" frames are made specifically by and for tenno. They also said that because the primes are orokin the new orokin maps will have effects on the prime frames. They did not say if the effects were always going to be positive. A prime frame could have negative effects in certain areas where the "vanilla" frame wouldn't. This would mean that in some instances you would want to have the vanilla instead of the prime version. We have already have threads talking about how people like excalibur better than the prime version because its less restrictive mod wise. Could be the same type of scenario with the new frost. We just don't know yet.

-snip-

Because frost prime is exclusive, and therefore is unobtainable anymore, meaning those who want to play frost WILL have to farm for frost.

That actually doesn't make sense since Primes are not skins but completely different Warframes.

Primes are older and made by the Orokin. The vanilla Warframes are knockoffs made by the Tenno.

Does this mean that Mag Prime might be useful, if Mag is just an inferior bootleg?