Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Such Dmg~Plz Nerf Tonkor

SnakeCZR

Yea i have actually. Gonna keep that sucker when it gets used in a later combo weapon. Are you nitpicking at me writing broken as "Broken"...really?

I always nitpick grammar.

On the subject, I feel as if it's more likely that Penta and Ogris will get buffed than Tonkor nerfed. It's simply not broken. And it's highly doubtful we'll see something using Tonkor as a material.

Edited by Gale47

On the subject, I feel as if it's more likely that Penta and Ogris will get buffed than Tonkor nerfed. It's simply not broken. And it's highly doubtful we'll see something using Tonkor as a material.

Youre right, I guess broken isnt the proper term here since there are viable counters to the tonkor. It doesnt simply replace the others. Thats my bad on terminology. It is however unnecessarily overpowered. My previous statement is my reasoning, with its stats, buffed or not, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why it should be hitting upwards of 17 million damage. I'd cut it some slack if it was a random 1 million here and there, but the consistency in these numbers learn towards bad coding on the programmers part. A nerf is without a doubt needed, and should be expected by those with some form of common sense.

oh it is

's one of the few weapons in the game that is so powerful it barely needs damage mods

Youre right, I guess broken isnt the proper term here since there are viable counters to the tonkor. It doesnt simply replace the others. Thats my bad on terminology. It is however unnecessarily overpowered. My previous statement is my reasoning, with its stats, buffed or not, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why it should be hitting upwards of 17 million damage. I'd cut it some slack if it was a random 1 million here and there, but the consistency in these numbers learn towards bad coding on the programmers part. A nerf is without a doubt needed, and should be expected by those with some form of common sense.

Ah, now I see your point. I haven't been getting numbers *that* high since I haven't potatoed it yet, but I agree with you now. I do hope they figure out how to pull that "nerf" off without making Tonkor overly weak though.

WxBgU4O.png

I havent seen any thread talking about nerfing Tonkor so far. This has to be done right now lol

This right here people is not natural, under any circumstances. Stop trying to defend this as "oh its fine its completely natural it has crap stats".

THATS WHY ITS NOT NATURAL. The stats alone shouldnt point anywhere towards this, and i realize now ive been off a number. this is 172 million points of damage. Really people? 

This right here people is not natural, under any circumstances. Stop trying to defend this as "oh its fine its completely natural it has crap stats".

THATS WHY ITS NOT NATURAL. The stats alone shouldnt point anywhere towards this, and i realize now ive been off a number. this is 172 million points of damage. Really people? 

It's photoshopped. 

o        -o........Relax man.

There are similar screen shots around with Dread, Paris P, Vectis, Penta, Quanta, Ogris, Angstrum and even Vulkar as the culprits should we nerf all of them too?

Even melee can have stupid numbers. The occasional 600k+, 1kk, 2kk hit number floating around is quite a common occurrence. 

Damage calculation breaks sometimes especially when heavy stacking of crits and multipliers is involved.

Edited by Hatzeputt

There are similar screen shots around with Dread, Paris P, Vectis, Penta, Quanta, Ogris, Angstrum and even Vulkar as the culprits should we nerf all of them too?

Those arnt consistent as with the Tonkors. and idk what the hell you guys are feeding your paris to make it hit 172 million. 

the thing is the majority of the weapons they release are worse than the old go-to weapons such as the soma, boltor, marelok, or what have you.

when they finally release a weapon that gets up into the same league people get to use something new after months and months of the same old top weapons, then it gets nerfed.

personally i was quite angry about the kohm nerf. not so much because it was like the life changing thing that happened to me, but it was fun to actually have a new weapon to use in high level missions. then it was just taken from me a patch later. 

So there's the SG, Kohm, and....?

You mention the Soma and Marelok as top tier, but those got a prime and a syndicate version within the past few months. Rakta Ballistica recently got triple damage, which by some accounts moved it to the top of the pile or near it.

Your penta doesnt do a consistent 17 million damage per clip. Stop trying to defend with that as your argument

My Penta has a clip of 5 though......

How is this any worse than a 15k per second bleed proc, or the Dread hitting for 12 million? We gonna nerf that too?

Those arnt consistent as with the Tonkors. and idk what the hell you guys are feeding your paris to make it hit 172 million. 

Did you personally land that alleged 172 mill hit or are you just talking about that screen shot?

How many 172 mill hits have you landed? The new Quanta Vandal can do similar things without the awkward quirks the Tonkor has by spamming a sh**ton of cubes or even worse using Mirage, Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

Did you personally land that alleged 172 mill hit or are you just talking about that screen shot?

How many 172 mill hits have you landed? The new Quanta Vandal can do similar things without the awkward quirks the Tonkor has by spamming a sh**ton of cubes or even worse using Mirage, Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse. 

Tonkor is gonna get nerfed. Cry more at this point. Ive told you all that ive needed to youre defending something that shouldnt be in the first place. 

Tonkor is gonna get nerfed. Cry more at this point. Ive told you all that ive needed to youre defending something that shouldnt be in the first place. 

Telling people to cry only makes you look like a proper douchenozzle. Just saying.

Aside from that, I agree that maybe these aren't the intended numbers Tonkor should be getting.

Edited by Gale47

Telling people to cry only makes you look like a proper douchenozzle. Just saying.

Aside from that, I agree that maybe these aren't the intended numbers Tonkor should be getting.

Considering that theyre trying my patience with dumb questions i guess at that point its a good idea for me to just leave the conversation. 

Sure... just do 1 round in clip, and nerf dmg from 350 to 20. That will be nice...

And(!) crit. chance to 2,5%

The only thing worse than someone exploiting a game mechanic, is someone who exploits a game mechanic then comes running to the forum demanding a nerf.

Is there a factory somewhere that churns these Nerfers  out ?

Why dont those who come to the forum demanding nerfs after exploiting a game mechanic instead simply play the game properly like everyone else then just shut up instead of demanding nerfs.

Tonkor is Broken yo. Plain and simple. Its stats shouldnt be pointing anywhere near 17 million damage. Buffed or not.

That 17 million damage is caused by a Viral proc on crit. Its a bug, not a stat imbalance.

Instead of asking for nerfs to a single weapon, ask for long over due fixes that apply to all weapons.