Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Mm, but do this then mean that the orokin Emperors used the Oro and became known as the Oro kin the Golden People?

Prior to this I thought Oro was Forma. Now I wonder just what was in the Key that Vor found. And what further USES that could have.

What was that legendary item that tur ed everything into gold?

This allso makes me remember Highlander, where the one killing another absorbs their immortal lifeforce making him more powerful.

I am still saying Tenno are not made of energy, but are PART energy.

This Oro-talk justifies the Lotus, Vor and Alads view of the Void as holy seing as the power of the Oro probably came from there.

We... arent really angels after all, are we Steve?

Mm, but do this then mean that the orokin Emperors used the Oro and became known as the Oro kin the Golden People?

Prior to this I thought Oro was Forma. Now I wonder just what was in the Key that Vor found. And what further USES that could have.

What was that legendary item that tur ed everything into gold?

It also could be another metaphor. The Orokin loved gold so much, when they discovered immortality, they dubbed it the ultimate 'gold'.

I always thought it was pretty evident and obvious that the Tenno are humans inside hyperadvanced hi-tech suits, the Warframes, that have become kinda part of them.

I also always thought that when you change Warframe, you're actually playing as another character (why do characters like Valkyr have an actual backstory otherwise?).

Dang never thought about that.

Single Tenno confirmed.

EDIT:

Than again, why are there multiple Valkyr's?

Edited by Jakcal

I also always thought that when you change Warframe, you're actually playing as another character (why do characters like Valkyr have an actual backstory otherwise?).

They're historical figures.  Its like asking why Julius Caesar has a past.  Actually, you know, that's a terrible analogy, let me try that again. 

Say that someone in the past had some form of custom weapon they used exclusively.  They were incredibly effective with it, and so others built duplicates of their own to use.  Its like that, especially given that many of the characters who are referenced as specific characters are dead, like Limbo and Mirage.  Valkyr specifically mentions that the story relates to the original Valkyr, implying there are copies. 

Well, we do have the Teshin statement from here: 

"Oro is the binding force for an enemy who, like the Tenno, can survive death."

So it's DEFINITELY a part of the lore, just doesn't speak to either one side or another. Though is DOES kinda reveal what the Void did to us, imo - took away a part of our mortality.

Now, how the Sentients got their hands on this ability is another question.

How do we know that the Sentients didn't originally have the Oro themselves?  The Orokin going and stealing it - possibly making some of the otherwise immortal creatures die - could have sparked an all out war as depicted. 

Also raises questions about the nature of Tenno immorality, as some Tenno obviously died.  Though possibly:

-Orokin steal the Oro, starting the Old War.

-Orokin promptly get the floor mopped with themselves, seek new ways to fight rather than give the Oro back. 

-Orokin create/develop the Tenno as a military force, choose not to share immortality with those who might die.  A lot. 

-Tenno defeat the Sentient soundly after a long war, only to realize they had fought and died to harvest immortality for the Orokin. 

-Tenno exterminate the Orokin before they can do any more harm, take the Oro for themselves, and hide everything related to it, including themselves. 

How do we know that the Sentients didn't originally have the Oro themselves?  The Orokin going and stealing it - possibly making some of the otherwise immortal creatures die - could have sparked an all out war as depicted. 

Also raises questions about the nature of Tenno immorality, as some Tenno obviously died.  Though possibly:

-Orokin steal the Oro, starting the Old War.

-Orokin promptly get the floor mopped with themselves, seek new ways to fight rather than give the Oro back. 

-Orokin create/develop the Tenno as a military force, choose not to share immortality with those who might die.  A lot. 

-Tenno defeat the Sentient soundly after a long war, only to realize they had fought and died to harvest immortality for the Orokin. 

-Tenno exterminate the Orokin before they can do any more harm, take the Oro for themselves, and hide everything related to it, including themselves. 

This how I imagine it going down:

-Orokin discover Void

-Orokin send children there

-Astounding results

-Orokin use technology from Void research to create the Oro

-Orokin build the Sentients

-Sentients go cliche and turn on the Orokin

-Orokin go through years of Technocyte experimentation, to no avail

-Orokin send more (children or adults) to the Void

-They perfect their previous mistakes, creating the perfect Tenno, whom do not need an Oro for immortality

-Tenno defeat Sentients

-Tenno learn of the steps the Orokin took to get here

-Tenno slaughter them

-Nap time

This how I imagine it going down:

-Orokin discover Void

-Orokin send children there

-Astounding results

-Orokin use technology from Void research to create the Oro

-Orokin build the Sentients

-Sentients go cliche and turn on the Orokin

-Orokin go through years of Technocyte experimentation, to no avail

-Orokin send more (children or adults) to the Void

-They perfect their previous mistakes, creating the perfect Tenno, whom do not need an Oro for immortality

-Tenno defeat Sentients

-Tenno learn of the steps the Orokin took to get here

-Tenno slaughter them

-Nap time

Pretty sure DE has stated that the Orokin found the Sentients beyond the Outer Terminus and that they didn't build them.

Pretty sure DE has stated that the Orokin found the Sentients beyond the Outer Terminus and that they didn't build them.

Not yet they haven't.

An alien star and them being fought outside sol is not proof of aliens.

I hope that they ARE but given their given name I doubt it.

At some point.I hope we start calling them something else. The S-word is getting tiresome without logic.

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

play the limbo quest,

it only supports some kind of energy being theory more then anything

and frankly i find your busted theory nail weak

this is a sci fi game

'and your like energy cant smile

okay buddy i could recite list of sci  fi books, films and various stuff that proves otherwise

the limbo quest makes it sound like were less flesh then normal

plus

how the F*** do we switch suits so endlessly and switch between gender as well

at the core we would have to be more akin to a genderless being

that supports an energy theory more

and look at mirages helm

'its @(*()$ smiling non stop.

frankly until De gives us solid answer

no theory can be busted.

its a sci fi game

conventional rules dont apply

energy can certainly smile ALL THE HELL IT WANTS

anyone who actually thinks they can disprove any theory on this subject with any sense of credibility is full of themselves and wrong

we dont know

we have theory's

some seem more likely some more popular but none are disproved till DE tells us what the tenno are and shows us.

Whoa whoa, Hayden definitely is the first tenno, these games just aren't direct sequels. 4/5 connection means exactly that, if it was just the names it would be 1/5 connection. Please, don't be an idiot.

sappin, you so silly! He said "4 or 5." not 4/5!

play the limbo quest,

it only supports some kind of energy being theory more then anything

plus

and look at mirages helm

energy can certainly smile ALL THE HELL IT WANTS

anyone who actually thinks they can disprove any theory on this subject with any sense of credibility is full of themselves and wrong

I have, and all it supports is the mono-Tenno theory,, definitely not anything about energy.

Void magic? Shape shifting? Something else?

Erm, no it does not support the energy theory.

I don't see a smile in that helmet lol

Uh, no, it can't

No, I might full of myself, but I'm also right.

Still, they said not a full canon, but it is still canon, if it was just inspiration, it would be non-canon.

I think they mean the Technocyte, and early day Frames could be canon, but the story of Dark Sector (final game, not the concept) is not part of Warframe's timeline. Also, they were weighing heavily on the Dark Sector concept, that I could see being [sort of] canon, I mean, like, 85% of the stuff in that trailer is in Warframe.

plus

and look at mirages helm

No, this is not a smile, it's just the brain doing what it was born to do, your brain, my brain, and a heck of a lot of others see faces that aren't actually there. It's actually a mask, a veil if you'd like, look at Kitana from Mortal Kombat, that's exactly how Mirage's default helmet is.

I think they mean the Technocyte, and early day Frames could be canon, but the story of Dark Sector (final game, not the concept) is not part of Warframe's timeline. Also, they were weighing heavily on the Dark Sector concept, that I could see being [sort of] canon, I mean, like, 85% of the stuff in that trailer is in Warframe.

You do know that warframe takes place waaay past Dark Sector, right? Lots of things change over that period of time.

You do know that warframe takes place waaay past Dark Sector, right? Lots of things change over that period of time.

Yeah but still, 4/10 isn't very canon. It's like the Marathon-Halo relation ship, Bungie put a ton of Marathon references throughout Halo, and while it was made canon to the Halo universe, they were all essentially easter eggs.

EDIT: By 'made canon to the Halo universe' I mean stuff had its own background, if you will, that makes it sound like a Halo creation, when in reality, it was ripped right out of Marathon.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

Yeah but still, 4/10 isn't very canon. It's like the Marathon-Halo relation ship, Bungie put a ton of Marathon references throughout Halo, and while it was made canon to the Halo universe, they were all essentially easter eggs.

EDIT: By 'made canon to the Halo universe' I mean stuff had its own background, if you will, that makes it sound like a Halo creation, when in reality, it was ripped right out of Marathon.

Meh, I still believe that darkSectOr is canon.

Whoa whoa, Hayden definitely is the first tenno, these games just aren't direct sequels. 4/5 connection means exactly that, if it was just the names it would be 1/5 connection. Please, don't be an idiot.

Who are you writing to?

Plenty of People say Hayden us not a Tenno because of the Void.

You are aware of the history of the Warframe/Dark Sector relationship, right?  There was an original promo video for Dark Sector which was basically our Warframe universe.  (Complete with Hayden Tenno in a Warframe and having a physical body, if that means anything anymore)

They never managed to create that game.  The publishers they could find didn't want it, saying that modern military shooters was what was selling, and Dark Sector was themed wrong for what was in fashion at the time.  As such, they trimmed down heavily on the sci-fi, leaving only the nanomachine virus we call the Infestation.  We also had Hayden Tenno, who was physically "broken" in such a way that he could bend the virus to his will and fight for a cause rather than turn into a monster. 

But years later, DE built their own game, and rebranded it rather than use a similar or tied in name.  Free from the external restrictions, they could do whatever they wanted with the universe.  They could have used the original elements of their original idea for Dark Sector without consequence.  And, logically, because the Dark Sector they published was essentially a "port" of their idea into something they could get published, there would be similarities. 

Rather than looking at it as a segment of the universe's canon, it might be wise to look at it as a refraction, or shadow cast on a wall of canon. 

Who are you writing to?

Plenty of People say Hayden us not a Tenno because of the Void.

Case in point, we don't know who Warframe's Hayden Tenno was.  For all we know he lived near the dawn of the Orokin and was a Void-Touched early Tenno, rather than a pain proof infested warrior.  Dark Sector had limits set on the story elements.  Warframe does not. 

Check out latest chinese posters and cry, energy lovers! Tenno are flesh! Tenno are humans! We are Tenno! *read with pride*

Those have been confirmed as non-canon fanart. It doesn't mean we aren't still human, it just means those pictures are purely promotional.