Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

From a real life perspective: That's because there wasn't as much lore as there is now, in the tutorial/Vor quest.

Well now that we're back onto our Liset free and all. I'm pretty sure I can spare time to regain my memories lol.

Yes man, where does the game say the Warframes - the suits themselves - are "alive".

You know how ambiguous the lore in Warframe can be at times, it isn't just going to blurt it out at us that the suits are alive.

It is implied that they are at least biological + technological in nature based on various text in the game and some comments of DE in art design devstreams. If i recall correctly, the Tenno and Warframe aesthetic was stated to be organic and technological in 2 separate devstreams that were far apart. Even the crewman lore entry from Simaris supports the possibility of the suits being techno-organic in nature. The thing in that entry was another Orokin design and was referred to as a creature AND a machine.

It's really not that hard to see how the suits are likely both a machine and a creature at the same time. Again, the lore in Warframe can be very ambiguous and doesn't explicitly state the very nature of everything. 

It's not like you can just look at a picture or something, and magically have your memory back, that's not how it works.

Well I mean she's not even trying to help us to regain our memories one way or another. Story time with Lotus maybe?

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Well I mean she's not even trying to help us to regain our memories one way or another. Story time with Lotus maybe?

It's possible she's forgotten a lot too, she's been awake the whole time, for hundreds, maybe a thousand years, memories fade. However I would not be opposed to mommy telling me bedtime stories :P

It's possible she's forgotten a lot too, she's been awake the whole time, for hundreds, maybe a thousand years, memories fade. However I would not be opposed to mommy telling me bedtime stories :P

Well from the quest Natah she seems to still remember her origins and even this so called "last sequence" - it's probably (SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRkilling all the TennosRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR).

Edited by AlphaWolf003

The memory thing is just so they don't have to make a backstory for you. The character.

You make your own.

You are science.

You

are

Science

That would not work. There are lots pre-determined backstories for us, as you can see, we were either servants, guards, or even slaves (though not likely), they needed us to defeat their greatest enemies - the Sentient. 

They described us as "twisted few" that returned from the Void. The Corpus calls us betrayers. The Stalker says we are not innocent. The Orokin built our foundation and warframes.

How are you going to create your own back story with that? When I said memories I mean like what we really are and such. Well yes you can still somewhat create your own backstory, but it is very limited, unlike Fallout and The Elder Scrolls games where the players is given really really little info about his/her pasts.

I've just came across something lately.

"In Warframe, squads of four players "band together to advance their characters and battle the oppression of the genocidal Grineer," the game's description reads. "Throughout their combat missions, players will continually increase and customize the power and abilities of their Warframe and weapons.  Introduced to the game as newly awoken Tenno warriors, players are thrust into a universe at war and armed with ancient exo-skeletal technology only they can operate. These Warframes bring unimaginable power and skill to the Tenno and provide players with unique offensive and defensive powers to explore and master.""

Read the whole thing then re-read the underlined words. They here are us - the players - the Tennos. This is from a website  http://www.gamezone.com/news/free-to-play-warframe-launches-on-xbox-one-today ,I originally seen this from mmohut giveaway page for boosters (It's over now lol), I copied the thing to google and this thing comes up first in result.

IF that's really true, then what makes the Stalker?

Edited by AlphaWolf003

pretty sure we will know how the Tenno came about soon. Not how we look now, but what happened when the Orokin discovered another dimension and gradually began to worship that.

Most excited to learn more about that to be honest, just what made the orokin build a religion around "The Hellspace?"

I have a sneaking suspiscioun theh will retcon the early Lore, it is out of sync at this point.

That would not work. There are lots pre-determined backstories for us, as you can see, we were either servants, guards, or even slaves (though not likely), they needed us to defeat their greatest enemies - the Sentient.

They described us as "twisted few" that returned from the Void. The Corpus calls us betrayers. The Stalker says we are not innocent. The Orokin built our foundation and warframes.

How are you going to create your own back story with that? When I said memories I mean like what we really are and such. Well yes you can still somewhat create your own backstory, but it is very limited, unlike Fallout and The Elder Scrolls games where the players is given really really little info about his/her pasts.

"In Warframe, squads of four players "band together to advance their characters and battle the oppression of the genocidal Grineer," the game's description reads. "Throughout their combat missions, players will continually increase and customize the power and abilities of their Warframe and weapons. Introduced to the game as newly awoken Tenno warriors, players are thrust into a universe at war and armed with ancient exo-skeletal technology only they can operate. These Warframes bring unimaginable power and skill to the Tenno and provide players with unique offensive and defensive powers to explore and master.""

Read the whole thing then re-read the underlined words. They here are us - the players - the Tennos. This is from a website http://www.gamezone.com/news/free-to-play-warframe-launches-on-xbox-one-today ,I originally seen this from mmohut giveaway page for boosters (It's over now lol), I copied the thing to google and this thing comes up first in result.

He was a Guardian. If Lorists are anything to go by, the yellow eyes of the Orokin and Grineer, I say the Guardians were genetically tailored to use Void Energy.

They were beneath the Tenno in power, but they could still Channel, and with training gain Affinity with a warframe armor.

That is the only thing that makes sense, since by Stalkers own mouth, he is NOT a Tenno.

The only thing that is slipping is your logical faculties and your consistency. 

1. You're confusing what is made known to the reader with what is known to characters in the story with your Chekov's gun example.

2. You're assuming that the scientist was dissecting a warframe and not a human being that was stripped of recognition as human.

3. Davis knowing what that scientist doesn't supports not a jot of anything you have claimed about secrecy, warframes being alive or anything. Come on now, why would Davis tell his buddy about Zariman? Do you tell your colleagues secrets such as who your first girlfriend is and what you liked to do together? How could you be unfamiliar with the concept that secrets are not shared? We are talking about secrets here, not mere gossip. These are people engaged in priority clearance secrets. They are not gossip girls.

1. No, I'm not. I'm saying that the character's lack of knowledge about the Zariman and mentioning it is the gun that the read is to notice to be able to figure out "oh, okay, these two projects are the same thing" BECAUSE the narrator wouldn't have known anything about the Zariman.

2. Yes, because it demonstrates a VERY specific Warframe's powers, powers that the Tenno - the humans you're referring to - can't manifest on their own as far as we know, and instead come from the Warframe - hence why switching Warframes switches our powers. As Vor said, "a glass shaping your divine light". The light being shined through the glass doesn't have the pattern it shows before meeting the glass, it's the glass that warps the light around it's properties.

3. "Why would Davis tell his buddy about Zariman?"

... And yet he takes his buddy with him on the whole chase we see, and tells him that Davis' work will get them both "big fat promotions"? This isn't gossip about girls or anything, this is hard science they're involved in, working in the same labs - with Davis seemingly being privy to both experiments.

Because WHAT would they never have believed Davis about? What was so improbable that Davis had to stage a breakout of a creature in order to prove it? That exposing a twisted experiment to its buddies might give it's humanity back?

Or that these two very different experiments could be combined to form a greater whole?

Edited by Morec0

Ember codex entry easily proves that the theory is incorrect.

And if that's it then we just need to figure out how Warframe switching works.

But even Vor seems to have his physical body after his transformation via Void, so I put forth that while the Tenno weren't turned directly into energy their soul/mind and body were split in a way that allowed them to move between hosts.

1. No, I'm not. I'm saying that the character's lack of knowledge about the Zariman and mentioning it is the gun that the read is to notice to be able to figure out "oh, okay, these two projects are the same thing" BECAUSE the narrator wouldn't have known anything about the Zariman.

1. Yes, it's a gun that the read is to notice, but you are overestimating its importance. Reason why Zariman is namedropped is for reader to know where narrator and Davis are. It's pretty basic first person exposition technique. It delivers information to readers and with that it's purpose is accomplished.

2. Yes, because it demonstrates a VERY specific Warframe's powers, powers that the Tenno - the humans you're referring to - can't manifest on their own as far as we know, and instead come from the Warframe - hence why switching Warframes switches our powers. As Vor said, "a glass shaping your divine light". The light being shined through the glass doesn't have the pattern it shows before meeting the glass, it's the glass that warps the light around it's properties.

I agree with frames shaping our powers in one way or another, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, as Ember Prime's codex entry proves, Tenno still can use powers on their own to some extent. (Oh, right, it wasn't fire in Ember Prime's entry but radiation that burned Kaleen. Derp me! /sarcasm) As for that thing in Rhino prime's entry using only Rhino's powers? First of all it's codex entry of Rhino Prime. Of course it's going to use Rhino's powers. Secondly, it used only two powers: Rhino charge and Iron skin. Bit of a coincidence but nothing suspension of disbelief breaking.

3. "Why would Davis tell his buddy about Zariman?"

... And yet he takes his buddy with him on the whole chase we see, and tells him that Davis' work will get them both "big fat promotions"? This isn't gossip about girls or anything, this is hard science they're involved in, working in the same labs - with Davis seemingly being privy to both experiments.

You make it sound like they were going on camping trip. However after many rereads and serious analytical work I have reached conclushion they were RUNNING FOR THEIR @(*()$ LIVES. Not the best time to be picky about your route.  As for Davis being privy about more stuff than narrator, it's simply one person being higher on ladder than other. If it confuses you that people of different ranks can be friends but still respect secrecy of their work place, I can only feel sorry for you.

Because WHAT would they never have believed Davis about? What was so improbable that Davis had to stage a breakout of a creature in order to prove it? That exposing a twisted experiment to its buddies might give it's humanity back?

Or that these two very different experiments could be combined to form a greater whole?

Why dou you think Davis... how you come up with... I'm like so amazed... from where you pull this stuff...

I hope you at least wash your hands after your theorycrafting.

Edited by Prany

Why dou you think Davis... how you come up with... I'm like so amazed... from where you pull this stuff...

I hope you at least wash your hands after your theorycrafting.

You're honestly telling me that his heading for the exact room where he apparently knew he'd be able to get the creature to stop, his focused demeanor even as the creature is barreling towards him, and his statement "no one would have ever believed" don't just REEK of "I totally did this to prove my theory that they'd never have believed enough to let me try" to you?

You make it sound like they were going on camping trip. However after many rereads and serious analytical work I have reached conclushion they were RUNNING FOR THEIR @(*()$ LIVES. Not the best time to be picky about your route.  As for Davis being privy about more stuff than narrator, it's simply one person being higher on ladder than other. If it confuses you that people of different ranks can be friends but still respect secrecy of their work place, I can only feel sorry for you.

And I wasn't talking about at that very moment, smartass. Again: the narrator was talking on a first-name basis, no titles either, so so much for him being a higher-up to the narration. Seems to me that they were colleagues. But never once attempted to swap theories that would have led to some revelation for the narrator about what he was working on?

I agree with frames shaping our powers in one way or another, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, as Ember Prime's codex entry proves, Tenno still can use powers on their own to some extent. (Oh, right, it wasn't fire in Ember Prime's entry but radiation that burned Kaleen. Derp me! /sarcasm) As for that thing in Rhino prime's entry using only Rhino's powers? First of all it's codex entry of Rhino Prime. Of course it's going to use Rhino's powers. Secondly, it used only two powers: Rhino charge and Iron skin. Bit of a coincidence but nothing suspension of disbelief breaking.

Iron skin alone is perfect enough example of it being a Rhino. That is Rhino's iconic ability. Best way to carry that message across.

If the authors REALLY wanted to show us that the Tenno have all the powers already in them, they'd give this out-of-Warframe "Tenno" a chance to use something from another Warframe's powerset. A fireball or something else easily noticed. But they don't.

Edited by Morec0

You're honestly telling me that his heading for the exact room where he apparently knew he'd be able to get the creature to stop, his focused demeanor even as the creature is barreling towards him, and his statement "no one would have ever believed" don't just REEK of "I totally did this to prove my theory that they'd never have believed enough to let me try" to you?

Is it possible Davis did something like that? Yes, there is a chance. Does it reek of it? Hardly. You need more info on Davis, his personality and work environment for claim as big as this.

And I wasn't talking about at that very moment, smartass. Again: the narrator was talking on a first-name basis, no titles either, so so much for him being a higher-up to the narration. Seems to me that they were colleagues. But never once attempted to swap theories that would have led to some revelation for the narrator about what he was working on?

Yes, never. Is it so hard for you to comprehend that some people can be on first name basis and not be in same rank? Is it so hard to accept they may be competent enough to keep their mouths and ears shut in all things concerning their secret work?

Iron skin alone is perfect enough example of it being a Rhino. That is Rhino's iconic ability. Best way to carry that message across.

If the authors REALLY wanted to show us that the Tenno have all the powers already in them, they'd give this out-of-Warframe "Tenno" a chance to use something from another Warframe's powerset. A fireball or something else easily noticed. But they don't.

They didn't want to show any other power because it was Rhino's codex entry. They would have shown only his powers wether he can use other's or not, wether he's in suit, out of suit or is a suit. You simply can't deduce in what state Rhino was in his entry.

Soo alot of mouthing off in here. I don't really see where this turned into a fight over who is more "in-the-right".

But ok, I jump into the Conclave too.

The storyline in all of the Codex-storys is very clear. They tell the story of how the Tenno and warframes came into existance.

The take us on a trip to witness the arrogance of an Empire in the making where childred were exposed to deadly radiation, in a ship called the Zariman that never should have made it back. The children were quarrantened and a careless investigator got burned by close contact with them.

They show us cruel and extensive experiments with cloned creatures who might once have been human. They hurt them, meassure their responses.

They fail again, and again.

Then - the break-through. The free rhino-creature runs mad with rage, killing scientists and guards. Suddenly it becomes passive and calm when reaching the room where the survivors from the Zariman are kept.

Davis knows where they are. He is proving a point. He is so sure the beast will not kill him that he will not even take cover.

Whatever project they were failing at, Davis and the team finaly would get "Big fat promotions." Because they did it.

No one would have believed it would work.

Now - Lets take in the facts.

Stalker called the Tenno "stoic and silent" another way of saying calm and obedient.

The Orokin Empire was born after Zariman. It discovered the voids power and harnessed it.

They harnessed the Technocyte-virus too, as we can see in the rpc.

So either Davis knew the Zariman-kids would control the beast, or the beast was one lf the zariman-kids cloned and infected with the Technocyte virus.

As for the narrator not knowing the zarimankids were there, he has heard about it but not that it was back. He did not know they were back, but Davis obviously is connected to Ember Prime Codex.

"This is were THEY keep them. The ones from the Zariman"

I'm thrown. The ship that never returned?

"Davis what's going on?"

"Big fat promotions."

Davis knew they were there. He knew the project was stuck. He took a risk opening a celldoor, leading the creature to the cold room. He had a hunch but knew he would be laughed at by his superiors if he told them.

So even when the narrator prepared to die, Davis stood his ground.

I believe, speculatory, it was about control. They had the kids filled with raw powers. They could not control or help them.

They had the monsters, unteachable, untamable. Somehow they became the Tenno, the twisted few.

Care to counter?

"In Warframe, squads of four players "band together to advance their characters and battle the oppression of the genocidal Grineer," the game's description reads. "Throughout their combat missions, players will continually increase and customize the power and abilities of their Warframe and weapons.  Introduced to the game as newly awoken Tenno warriors, players are thrust into a universe at war and armed with ancient exo-skeletal technology only they can operate. These Warframes bring unimaginable power and skill to the Tenno and provide players with unique offensive and defensive powers to explore and master.""

Read the whole thing then re-read the underlined words. They here are us - the players - the Tennos. This is from a website  http://www.gamezone.com/news/free-to-play-warframe-launches-on-xbox-one-today ,I originally seen this from mmohut giveaway page for boosters (It's over now lol), I copied the thing to google and this thing comes up first in result.

Oh lol I just write random stuff sometimes when it's 2 in the morning.

Sometimes it comes back to bite me in the &#!.

I think Grizzly wanted source, evidence or something like that.

Umm... Prove it?

The soldiers in the Old War reference the Void Era as a past event, suggesting the Era their currently in is a separate thing.

"Old War" isn't an Era, it's an event within an Era - the Orokin Era. To claim it as one is like trying to claim WW1 was a century all itself, and not a war within the 20th century.

Edited by Morec0