Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silent Hills May Be Cancelled.

TheErebus.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1036069

This isn't confirmed yet.

But.... if it is I'm gonna be really sad. 

Like...actually sad. I was so looking forward to this.

Damnit Konami...

EVEN MORE SAD NEWS:

http://kotaku.com/pt-is-going-to-be-disappearing-from-the-playstation-sto-1700220791

DAMNIT NO.

THIS IS A BAD DREAM

Edited by TheErebus.

Thank GOD

That game was ruined when they got that horrible actor, just because Kojima said he "liked" The Walking Dead

It was no different than Five Nights at Freddys, only bad Jumpscares

Are you serious?

P.T. was anything but just jumpscares. I've played through it multiple times and only once did a jumpscare appear and that was the bathroom door closing shut. And even then it was a damn good jumpscare.

P.T. was a damn good horror game, and it only lasted 30 minutes.

Who gives a S#&$ about the actor? He is irrelevant as he had nothing to show in P.T.

Edited by TheErebus.

And even then it was a damn good jumpscare.

P.T. was a damn good horror game, and it only lasted 30 minutes.

i cant take your statement seriously, saying Jumpscares are "GOOD" in a horror game is calling Slender a better game than the Original Silent Hill 

Kojima wanted to Ruin this franchise, like he did with MG

i cant take your statement seriously, saying Jumpscares are "GOOD" in a horror game is calling Slender a better game than the Original Silent Hill 

Kojima wanted to Ruin this franchise, like he did with MG

Oh boy, another one of you people.

You need to be educated on what makes a good horror game/movie because this is getting tiring with this whole "JUMPSCARES = BAD".

Jumpscares are NOT inherently bad. They can be very effective in adding tension and awareness to the player, or backfire insanely and just ruin it.

In Silent Hills only one jumpscare occurs and it is done effectively because you were not aware of it and added significant amount of tension to the player.

The rest of the game is based around seeing the ghost move about sporadically and creeping the absolute S#&$ out of you. That is how you make a good horror game. The atmosphere, the setting and the story all creep the player out and was done meticulously so that nothing seems out of place.

The fetus added disgust and the talking bag made you feel even more confused and lowered your defenses, allowing for the fear to get to you.

Again, jumpscares are not inherently good or bad. It is entirely on how the developer uses them in the game.

Edited by TheErebus.