Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Theory

Swailwort

Yes, this is another theory about how the Tenno "fit" in different warframes.

As we all know, The Tenno were "created" by the Orokin, send them to the void, and then they built a Warframe around them.

We, the Operators, are able to use multiple Warframes, so that means that, either we are energy or we are shapeshifters.

The latter can be proved by the fact that the Morphics can change the shape of things, so the Tenno are able to shapeshift by injecting Morphics on themselves or something like that.

Any thoughts?

Or we're not in the Warframe at all and control the Warframes from the Orbiter compartment of the ship, which is bigger than what's in-game. DE keeps alluding to that there are secrets on the Orbiter. As well, Rhino Prime's codex suggests that Tenno can control Warframes without being inside, and Ember Prime's codex suggests that the Tenno must be kept inside cryo-pods at all times.

It seems likely that the Tenno's body is kept in a cryo-pod separate from the Warframe in order to keep their void energy contained, while they control and funnel their power through a Warframe to enact war. 

As well, something to note: during the end of the quest to obtain Limbo, Ordis says we have a new warframe to "occupy". Though occupy does mean something similar to wear by definition, it also has the meanings of 'Filling the Mind of' and 'Taking control of'.

So far, I've found little dispute to this idea. The only confusion it causes if it's true is if the Warframe dies, what happens to the Tenno controlling it if it's not in the Warframe? Clearly there was some risk to the Mirage Warframe's Tenno during the quest to obtain Mirage if Lotus was as emotional about Mirage's imminent death as she was. As well, the introduction to the game brings up a few questions if we're not inside the Warframes.

Just a thought, though. We have yet to see, but it's a good thing the wait probably won't be much longer; it has been said by the devs that the nature of the Tenno and the Warframes are going to be clarified within this year.

Or we're not in the Warframe at all and control the Warframes from the Orbiter compartment of the ship, which is bigger than what's in-game. DE keeps alluding to that there are secrets on the Orbiter. As well, Rhino Prime's codex suggests that Tenno can control Warframes without being inside, and Ember Prime's codex suggests that the Tenno must be kept inside cryo-pods at all times.

It seems likely that the Tenno's body is kept in a cryo-pod separate from the Warframe in order to keep their void energy contained, while they control and funnel their power through a Warframe to enact war. 

As well, something to note: during the end of the quest to obtain Limbo, Ordis says we have a new warframe to "occupy". Though occupy does mean something similar to wear by definition, it also has the meanings of 'Filling the Mind of' and 'Taking control of'.

So far, I've found little dispute to this idea. The only confusion it causes if it's true is if the Warframe dies, what happens to the Tenno controlling it if it's not in the Warframe? Clearly there was some risk to the Mirage Warframe's Tenno during the quest to obtain Mirage if Lotus was as emotional about Mirage's imminent death as she was. As well, the introduction to the game brings up a few questions if we're not inside the Warframes.

Just a thought, though. We have yet to see, but it's a good thing the wait probably won't be much longer; it has been said by the devs that the nature of the Tenno and the Warframes are going to be clarified within this year.

We bleed.

Infomorphs[uploaded biological consciousnesses] occupying clones of the originals via brain implants that are in Warframes.

Its the only explanation I've seen or heard that makes sense for everything... It even fits in with the mechanics of the game.

None of this energy or shapeshifter crap.

Especially the energy. Its so rediculous. So much evidence pointing to it not being the case at all.

The Shape shifter idea makes some sense at least,and fits most of not all the lore, but I'm just gonna take Occam's Razor and cut that out.

Edited by (PS4)fizzer94

Infomorphs[uploaded biological consciousnesses] occupying clones of the originals via brain implants that are in Warframes.

Its the only explanation I've seen or heard that makes sense for everything... It even fits in with the mechanics of the game.

None of this energy or shapeshifter crap.

Especially the energy. Its so rediculous. So much evidence pointing to it not being the case at all.

The Shape shifter idea makes some sense at least,and fits most of not all the lore, but I'm just gonna take Occam's Razor and cut that out.

I don't think the brain implant idea works well with lore.. But.. it could be. However, how do you build a clone without actually having it? A Warframe is built from a Helmet, a Chassis and Systems. No flesh inside the Warframe unless the Tenno occupies it.

I don't think the brain implant idea works well with lore.. But.. it could be. However, how do you build a clone without actually having it? A Warframe is built from a Helmet, a Chassis and Systems. No flesh inside the Warframe unless the Tenno occupies it.

The clone is part of the systems. The body and brain are basically acting as a compatible computer and control platform for the Tenno to use.

This makes sense as well, considering we clone biological weapons all the time using nothing but raw materials and a blueprint, which I suspect also would contain a DNA sequence.

Edited by (PS4)fizzer94

The clone is part of the systems. The body and brain are basically acting as a compatible computer and control platform for the Tenno to use.

This makes sense as well, considering we clone biological weapons all the time using nothing but raw materials and a blueprint, which I suspect also would contain a DNA sequence.

So, why the hell the Corpus don't start making Warframes for themselves? I mean, they have the BP's if their bosses drop them. They would just use materials and build them. And use some sort of technology to control them, kinda like Alad V and Zanuka or Mesa

So, why the hell the Corpus don't start making Warframes for themselves? I mean, they have the BP's if their bosses drop them. They would just use materials and build them. And use some sort of technology to control them, kinda like Alad V and Zanuka or Mesa

Because they don't have O. Cells and Neurodes.

:P

But really, they probably just have no clue as to what the Tenno actually are, much like everyone else, including the Tenno.

The probably think the tenno are just people in suits, so they figure they couldn't wear the suits anyways.

And a Corpus already did that, sorta. Salad V controlled a Mesa Frame by substituting the clone and Tenno with his control collar.

Edited by (PS4)fizzer94

Tenno live inside cryopods and remote control Warframes through telepathy or some other space magic. When a Warframe 'dies' in a mission and you forfeit, it's the Tenno 'ejecting' from the pilot's seat, so to speak.

The frames themselves are not sentient - just flesh and muscle and metal and space materials. Tenno give them the energy and propulsion. Without the Tenno 'inhabiting' the frame, it's just an inanimate object.

Kinda like Tony Stark in Iron Man 3, without the cryopod bit.

here are some facts from the game to consider:

-grineer and corpus cannot control warframes 

-alad v can control warframes, by using infested flesh (mesa/patient zero)

-infested, therefore, can control the warframes

-proto-rhino is compared to an infested (rhino prime codex)

-tenno are survivors from the void (excalibur codex)

so, in short

technocyte - void = infestation

technocyte + void = tenno

Here is my theory:

Tenno is a combination of two words: Ten and No.

First Word: Ten

Now, ten is the exact number of how many fingers we have, and provides evidence that the Tenno use the decimal system because ten is in Tenno. Given that humans also have 10 fingers and also use the decimal system because we have 10 fingers, it means the Tenno must have 10 fingers. Who else has 10 fingers? Well, not fingers, but bones resembling fingers and using the anatomical evidence supporting evolution we can find that Tenno, humans, and dolphins share a common ancestor. Dolphins have blow holes... the Lotus has a breathing hole in her mouth. So, Tenno must have been dolphins who bred with humans and the first of this species was the Lotus. Now, because dolphins live in a pack, that means that there wasn't only one Lotus, no, rather, there were many Loti. These Loti likely prospered because they had dolphin fins and through natural selection killed off both dolphins and humans. From there, the Loti began to inhabit both land and water. Using technology they invented, the Loti create very advanced technologies and stuff. But one human lived, but he was genetically disabled and sneaked into a Lotisian cloning machine and cloned himself to save his species. But the machine was only meant for Loti, so the clones ended up looking really stupid and made up a really stupid language. But who was this last human? Captain Vor. How do I know this? Because he's the oldest Grineer I know and he is really wrinkly. So, they stole the cloning machine and stole a rocket ship or something and flew to colonize other planets. The Loti knew they had to stop them, so they all of the Loti of the world went to their leader Loti, Lotus Maximus. Now, Lotus Maximus was where the Loti flocked in times of great need. The Lotus Maximus said we should use one of the cloning machines and create our own army. So they took some Grineer corpses and cloned them in an upgraded machine that gave them intelligence and the ability to not be or look stupid. These Grineer corpses became the Corpus, because Loti vocabulary was severely limited. But they enhanced the brains of the Corpus too much and they also took a rocket ship and ditched them along with blueprints for how to make a robot army, but they didn't yet have enough fieldrons and other resources to begin the build and they didn't have enough platinum to buy it or rush it, so they went into hiding until they could claim their robot army from the foundry. However, the Grineer did have platinum and bought the best army. However, the Loti complained to the Devs that this was pay to win and so the Grineer lost their grand army... and still looked stupid. But the Grineer did still have a vast arsenal of Ogris warheads which they used to almost wipe out the entire Lotisian species. Only one Loti survived: the Lotus. So, the Lotus then squeezed out some Lotus juice from her Lotus hole (which evolved from the dolphin blow hole) and rubbed some together and poof, Excalibur was a test tube baby. So now she is raising her own army of Tenno, experimenting with her Lotus juice every once in a while to get a new warframe every now and then, to stop the Grineer and the Corpus. But one day, the Lotus got Ebolotus... a disease that still effects the descendants of the human race ever since it became a problem in Africa. The Lotus became very sick and demanded her Tenno slaves to give her some cure. The cure did cure Ebolotus, but then the Lotus grew a tumor on her head because the cure wasn't perfected. Out from this tumor popped out some disgusting goop that quickly escaped and years later became the Infested. Now, the Lotus still has the left overs of her tumor, its that blue stuff all over her head and it prevents her from seeing and she is now legally blind. The Lotus filed a lawsuit against the Grineer for this, but lost because the Corpus began to study law and the Grineer payed them off with platinum to help them win the case. So now the Lotus hated both the Grineer and the Corpus and the descendants of her tumor (the Infested) and sent the Tenno to go kill them all. And that is how it all happened. 

Second Word: No

Moving on to the second part of the word: Tenno (Ten + No), is the word No. No means that none of this is true and I have nothing better to do than waste my time here and no I do not want to do my homework because homework is boring and no I am not procrastinating because I'm just taking a little break and then I'll go eat some food later. 

However, the Ebolutus and the Lotus' tumor is real. If you don't believe me here:

Photo-4.png   

See, that gross blue thing on her head is the remains of her tumor. God its hideous! KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS!