The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability "1" Suggestions

DXXXVIII

Am I the only one thos kinda underwhelmed by the "Button Nr. 1" Abilitys of Ash, Frost, Ember and Volt?

Ive recognizeds that i absolutely never use this abilitys. For a Singe-Target-Spell theyre just too expensive.

And even if they werent so expensive the projectiles are kinda slow, making it easy to fail a shot and throwing 25 Energy into nirvana.

So theres my Suggestion for an alternate skill, which would require only a few tweaks for the devs but would give the ability 1 at least some usefullness.

Reduce Ability damage to 10%.

Make the cast speed 10 times faster.

Reduce the Energycost to 10%

Make the ability full Auto while holding 1.

This would change the extremely expensive "oneshot" ability into a "spraygun" which would give the ability at least a bit cc-capabilitys and doesnt let ur heart bleed if u miss a shot.

However, to compensate this increased utility you could decrease the range of the ability to 15m.

Dunno what the other ppl think about it.

Edited by DXXXVIII

What some abilities need is to put a big banner with red bold letters in front of all the other players when casted, like these:

Frost 1st: "Don't shoot at the one I'm freezing. Kill all the others first, dammit!" [1]

Frost 3rd: "Get in this snow globe so you won't get hurt. And shoot from inside."

Ember 3rd: "Get in the ring of fire, idiots! Let the enemies get here and die."

Banshee 2nd: "Shoot at the orange spots for maximum pwnage"

Nyx 4th: "Don't attract enemy fire. Let them hit me"

etc, etc

So many people don't know how to play together with the other frames.

[1] A little story with this one. I was once in a party killing a boss, me playing Frost, when all my teammates died. I froze the boss and was going to revive them one by one, when they all started to shoot at the boss, thus awaking him. I died too of course. It was a party full of "geniuses".

I'd like Ember's 1 to be a proper explosive AoE that knocks down and ignites enemies hit with the DoT. 

The usefulness would improve greatly.

This would be great. Also volts should do a ton more damage, and the aoe stun should be bigger and work better.

What some abilities need is to put a big banner with red bold letters in front of all the other players when casted, like these:

Frost 1st: "Don't shoot at the one I'm freezing. Kill all the others first, dammit!" [1]

Frost 3rd: "Get in this snow globe so you won't get hurt. And shoot from inside."

Ember 3rd: "Get in the ring of fire, idiots! Let the enemies get here and die."

Banshee 2nd: "Shoot at the orange spots for maximum pwnage"

Nyx 4th: "Don't attract enemy fire. Let them hit me"

etc, etc

So many people don't know how to play together with the other frames.

[1] A little story with this one. I was once in a party killing a boss, me playing Frost, when all my teammates died. I froze the boss and was going to revive them one by one, when they all started to shoot at the boss, thus awaking him. I died too of course. It was a party full of "geniuses".

http://img4.joyreactor.cc/pics/comment/buni-%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%8B-375964.jpeg

I also found almost all of them underwhelming, It seems to have something to do with the fact that they're all basic "magic missile" style abilities in a game which is mostly gun combat, there's not much use for abilities like that in a shooter game.

It seems like they should all have some sort of other effect which is the main reason to use it and just have the damage as a neat secondary bonus.