Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop Culture References

Llyssa

So, I've started wondering... from what I can gather, the average player here either has no idea what y2k bug is, or, if they do, had to look it up or be told about it, as they either did not experience it first hand, or did not understand anything involved when it occurred.

How accurate is that concept, and how skewed is the population in regards to such things?

When you consider that most gamers are between the age of 15 and 25, the probability of them remembering that event is fairly small.

I remember the y2k bug and the fear of losing everything stored electronically(especially my Gran Turismo 2 progress). Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that, aside from a few isolated incidents, y2k came without a hitch.

When you consider that most gamers are between the age of 15 and 25, the probability of them remembering that event is fairly small.

I remember the y2k bug and the fear of losing everything stored electronically(especially my Gran Turismo 2 progress). Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that, aside from a few isolated incidents, y2k came without a hitch.

To the first part: Yeah, that's my point.

To the second: the "without a hitch" thing is mainly because it was figured out ahead of time, and many billions(or trillions?) of dollars were spent upgrading systems to make sure it wouldn't.