The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market? Do You Use It? Do You Know About It?

BlutAdler

I decided that after trying to buy something and sell something in trade chat for 3 weeks in a half now to look into other alternatives if the existed and I discovered This Though not many people are on it...

Is there a specific reason for this other than it not being advertised enough? 

I seriously feel this could generally ease the strain of using trade chat and eventually polarize the cost of things.

Thoughts?

I'm actually curious because I wanted to take the project of designing my own marketplace website for warframe and this could help me understand whats the general feelings toward a tool like this.

Check it out if you get the chance. Its effectiveness lies in its popularity.

I'd rather we NOT have something popup like backpack dot tf for team fortress 2, but for warframe. I am very happy with players deciding the prices of things, to sell and not to sell etc.

One of my good friends pointed out that whenever a site pops up like this, and management takes over, it becomes a scamming site essentially. You leave power of determining the price to a few individuals who raise and lower prices as they see fit, and it ruins the economy.

It's a nice gesture, but as of right now, I'm currently fine the way it is. If you don't know how to trade, then just buy whatever you want or farm it. No need someone telling us what the price should be of our items.

Seller sets price, buyer doesn't like price? Move on to a different buyer. Just the way market works.

Edited by Valorothim

I'd rather we NOT have something popup like backpack dot tf for team fortress 2, but for warframe. I am very happy with players deciding the prices of things, to sell and not to sell etc.

One of my good friends pointed out that whenever a site pops up like this, and management takes over, it becomes a scamming site essentially. You leave power of determining the price to a few individuals who raise and lower prices as they see fit, and it ruins the economy.

It's a nice gesture, but as of right now, I'm currently fine the way it is. If you don't know how to trade, then just buy whatever you want or farm it. No need someone telling us what the price should be of our items.

Seller sets price, buyer doesn't like price? Move on to a different buyer. Just the way market works.

Like me; who sells things a little above average because people will most likely haggle for a little less.

Trade isn't fine the way it is though. The problem is largely the inability to make communicate sales/trades and the stress of staying in a channel spamming a message every 2 min or so. That's a very large issue that most of the community has with the trade system. Thus players asking for an auction house.

What I had in mind for the website wasn't a log of prices such as WFtrading. But instead a site where you can make posts/listings that are pre-set so that players can just choose the item they want to buy/sell and then set a price and wait for someone to respond.

This way the website isn't controlling anything but simply cleaning up the design and making the trading system more accessible to players. It's for the sake of design and sanity, it's not a "good gesture" And I don't believe in this "I like players setting the price" Because it sets the stage for people to scam. That's what every scammer or swindler wants, an opportunity to gain a disproportionate amount of plat