Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Casual Observation....dragons Were A Bit Smallish, Weren't They?

Just a casual observation.

If Chroma is actually the entity beneath the pelt then we can safely (or at least casually) assume the pelt that detaches itself when Chroma performs effigy is from a creature of some time ago that Chroma now dons on himself like a trophy. But if that is the pelt of another creature, a dragon-like creature, then said creature was rather small. So from that I can casually deduce that "dragons" of more ancient times were small ! creatures. Perhaps fierce, but rather small. Or maybe Chroma only obtained the pelt of a small dragonling.

And kind of, sort of, but not really along these same lines, Chroma's effigy is described as "Chroma turns his pelt into a massive sentry that strengthens.......", so then can we actually get a more massive sentry? I mean I don't know about you but when my pelt comes off it is rather...not a massive sentry-ish thing? And it kind of just flutters at barely above ground level. Graphically I would like the pelt to actually turn into a massive sentry (or at least more massive of a sentry) and I would like for him to flutter a little bit higher in the air than it's current state.

Another casual observation about Chroma here. If his effigy is able to allow his pelt to sprout wings and hover in the air why can't Chroma just hover in the air when he wants to? I mean he is constantly wearing that pelt (which I imagine given how ancient he is, may need to be washed from time to time for cleaniness) so why can't he just have the pelt sprout wings and carry him into the air? Or is he too heavy for the pelt to carry? Like is there a weight limit issue? Because Chroma seems to be in decent shape once the pelt comes off. That's all I'm saying. I mean if it was Rhino under there I'd understand or maybe a hydroid. I mean Hydroid particularly looks a bit out of shape, but c'mon Chroma looks like he's pretty fit...maybe he does some cardio kickboxing on the side? Why can't his pelt hover with him in it?

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

Outside of the color gimmick, which I really like, Chroma is a bit disappointing as a dragon frame. Don't get me wrong, he's an excellent frame overall, but his only dragon-like ability is his Spectral Scream and... WF's dragons really were rather weak, weren't they?

Chroma's pelt isn't a "Dragon", though.

It's a Sentient. A Sentient of the same variety seen in the trailer, turned into a bubble pus of metal by exposure to extreme heat.

Basically, at some point a Chorma-user fire-breathed a Sentient so hard that it literally CAUSED THE METAL/SYNTHETIC BODY OF THE SENTIENT TO BOIL AS IT DIED, and after that said Chroma took the cooled-remains as a trophy-coat to wear. With later Chroma's likely either claiming their own or making a faux-version in honor of the first.

Edited by Morec0

Just a casual observation.

If Chroma is actually the entity beneath the pelt then we can safely (or at least casually) assume the pelt that detaches itself when Chroma performs effigy is from a creature of some time ago that Chroma now dons on himself like a trophy. But if that is the pelt of another creature, a dragon-like creature, then said creature was rather small. So from that I can casually deduce that "dragons" of more ancient times were small ! creatures. Perhaps fierce, but rather small. Or maybe Chroma only obtained the pelt of a small dragonling.

Another casual observation about Chroma here. If his effigy is able to allow his pelt to sprout wings and hover in the air why can't Chroma just hover in the air when he wants to? I mean he is constantly wearing that pelt (which I imagine given how ancient he is, may need to be washed from time to time for cleaniness) so why can't he just have the pelt sprout wings and carry him into the air? Or is he too heavy for the pelt to carry? Like is there a weight limit issue? Because Chroma seems to be in decent shape once the pelt comes off. That's all I'm saying. I mean if it was Rhino under there I'd understand or maybe a hydroid. I mean Hydroid particularly looks a bit out of shape, but c'mon Chroma looks like he's pretty fit...maybe he does some cardio kickboxing on the side? Why can't his pelt hover with him in it?

Simple explanation. The wings can support Chroma pelt, but not Chroma himself.

Huh about the dragons? Well it's not a dragon pelt to sum it up.

It's a Sentient. A Sentient of the same variety seen in the trailer, turned into a bubble pus of metal by exposure to extreme heat.

Basically, at some point a Chorma-user fire-breathed a Sentient so hard that it literally CAUSED THE METAL/SYNTHETIC BODY OF THE SENTIENT TO BOIL AS IT DIED, and after that said Chroma took the cooled-remains as a trophy-coat to wear. With later Chroma's likely either claiming their own or making a faux-version in honor of the first.

Thats+pretty+metal+_4cd081ce3c993c2575df

cool cool....very interesting...is there anywhere that it states Chroma is wearing a sentient versus another creature? If so can you link the post here so I can read it as well as others. I am very curious about it. Thanks

There's nothing anywhere that says it's a Sentient. That was just Moreco's theory crafting at work. However, there's nothing "official" stating it to be a Dragon's pelt (afaik) other than it being called the "Dragon Frame" by the Devs, being inspired by a fan's Dragon concept frame (it literally used one his concept's powers), being based on the Chromatic dragons from D&D, & having a helmet called Drac helmet (alluding to the word draconian; a name commonly used for reptile/dragon races in many games, shows, etc).

So, think what you will. 

Oh and one last question maybe someone can help me clarify. In the Warframe wiki it says the following on the New Strange page.

"...Simaris is disappointed at Ordis' action to scan Chroma instead of destroying it, to which Ordis replies that he is foremost the Operator's Cephalon."

So does this mean the original Chroma is still alive and out there? And now aren't there technically 2 Chromas? The original one which you didn't kill and now the newly built one from the blueprints that the Operator (ourselves in this case) obtained from the mission?

cool cool....very interesting...is there anywhere that it states Chroma is wearing a sentient versus another creature? If so can you link the post here so I can read it as well as others. I am very curious about it. Thanks

There's nothing anywhere that says it's a Sentient. That was just Moreco's theory crafting at work. However, there's nothing "official" stating it to be a Dragon's pelt (afaik) other than it being called the "Dragon Frame" by the Devs, being inspired by a fan's Dragon concept frame (it literally used one his concept's powers), being based on the Chromatic dragons from D&D, & having a helmet called Drac helmet (alluding to the word draconian; a name commonly used for reptile/dragon races in many games, shows, etc).

So, think what you will. 

It's not really "stated" but moreso made by observation on my part

Compare 

warframe.jpg?bd7a53

and

ChromaSplash.jpg

In particular, note the thick upper thighs of the Sentient compared to the thighs on the Chroma's pelt and the little wing things that come out of the back of each - square-shaped, though Chroma's are smaller.

The sort of tuning-fork shape of the Sentient's weapons even matches with the two-fingers of the Chroma pelt while he has it deployed.

It's just speculation on my part, but I'm thinking that it's very well-founded speculation - ESPECIALLY given that a Chroma was apparently being Sentient-controlled during The New Strange. How could they manage this? I mean, they can't control our Warframes, that's one of the reasons we were so effective against them...

Well, if Chroma was wearing one of their own machines as a suit, then all they would have to do is be able to interface with the Sentient body and they could puppet the Warframe underneath all they wanted.

Thats+pretty+metal+_4cd081ce3c993c2575df

I know, right?

It's not really "stated" but moreso made by observation on my part

Compare 

warframe.jpg?bd7a53

and

ChromaSplash.jpg

In particular, note the thick upper thighs of the Sentient compared to the thighs on the Chroma's pelt and the little wing things that come out of the back of each - square-shaped, though Chroma's are smaller.

The sort of tuning-fork shape of the Sentient's weapons even matches with the two-fingers of the Chroma pelt while he has it deployed.

It's just speculation on my part, but I'm thinking that it's very well-founded speculation - ESPECIALLY given that a Chroma was apparently being Sentient-controlled during The New Strange. How could they manage this? I mean, they can't control our Warframes, that's one of the reasons we were so effective against them...

Well, if Chroma was wearing one of their own machines as a suit, then all they would have to do is be able to interface with the Sentient body and they could puppet the Warframe underneath all they wanted.

That actually make sense.

Oh and one last question maybe someone can help me clarify. In the Warframe wiki it says the following on the New Strange page.

"...Simaris is disappointed at Ordis' action to scan Chroma instead of destroying it, to which Ordis replies that he is foremost the Operator's Cephalon."

So does this mean the original Chroma is still alive and out there? And now aren't there technically 2 Chromas? The original one which you didn't kill and now the newly built one from the blueprints that the Operator (ourselves in this case) obtained from the mission?

The wiki is a fan-made site, not DE operator, don't count everything said there as truest fact.

Plus I have no idea what that statement is trying to say, and don't recall it being a factor of the final fight - Simaris was disapointed that Ordis decided "I wont leave the Operator to serve you, Simaris". Whatever the wiki says needs some serious looking at.

And there are technically A LOT of Chromas. It's just a Warframe, after all.

That actually make sense.

^ interesting...very interesting comparison

Danke, danke, I pride myself on ze madness ahf mine mind.

But is the original Chroma that we spent all that time hunting dead or still alive? lol...oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter.

I can't remember if that statement was made either. To be perfectly honest when I played the final mission, I played it without any sound cause my girlfriend was sleeping and I wanted to play the game lmao. So I couldn't tell you what anybody did or did not say. #sh^thappens

But is the original Chroma that we spent all that time hunting dead or still alive? lol...oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter.

I can't remember if that statement was made either. To be perfectly honest when I played the final mission, I played it without any sounds cause my girlfriend was sleeping and I wanted to play the game lmao. So I couldn't tell you want anybody did or did not say. #sh^thappens

Not a clue, that's honestly something I wish to know. Supposedly it's locked within Simaris' Sanctuary, but there was never really a ending followup to tell us what happened that I can recall.

*snip*

While Chroma might have a dragon-theme to it, the pelt seems more like the remains of a killed sentient. Look at effigy more closely and have a look on the final shots of the 'Tombs of the Sentients'-trailer. The resemblance is rather striking, ain't it?

@ Morec0 and RedEyeRaven - Interestingly enough I read a little bit more on the subject (because I'm sitting at work waiting for the last minutes to count down), and it seems that after you scan Chroma and you look in your codex the original Chroma that you fought and was an enemy of yours on the mission is listed under infected. If so does that mean Chroma is either infected himself or is wearing the pelt of something that was infected? Maybe a sentient that was infected and then killed and then turned into a pelt....mothereffers!!! what is going on here?