The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crashes When Idle In The Ship For More Than 5 Minutes...

R3DBelmont456

For some unknown reason, the game will just flatline crash without asking for reports or anything if I just wait in the ship for about 3-5 minutes just walking around and doing stuff. This only seems to happen when I wait in the ship, I have literally played just fine with no crashes whenever I go into missions, alerts, so on and so forth (it seems to prolong the crash time), this only really started happening to me after I got back into the game recently (after a long time of being MIA, lol)... I tried disabling things that people recommended me to disable in the launch options including DirectX 10 and 11, GPU launcher acceleration, multi threading mode, 64 bit mode, and I have also verified the game cache and optimized it, but nothing seems to be fixing this constant crash ( even disabled Nvidia Physx in game but still nothing)...

This honestly wouldn't be a problem since as I said earlier, it only seems to happen if I remain in the ship for about 5 minutes or so... but this means that I cannot use region or trade chat, I cannot fuse my mods for very long before the game crashes, I cannot build any weapons or frames with mods and such and I fear using the shop due to the chance that it may crash while the transaction is in progress, Hell I cannot even go AFK in my own ship :/ ...

My specs are:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Nvidia GTX 760 2GB of VRAM (Driver version 350.12)

16 GB of System memory

intel i5-3450 Quad, 3.10 GHz

Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM SSHD

EVGA 80Gold 650W PSU

Edited by R3DBelmont456

the Liset has a lighter load than anywhere else, this generally results in higher Framerates - this can cause heat issues for systems that do not have well planned airflow designs.

i may suggest keeping an eye on system Temperature sensors and seeing if things are getting quite hot - high temperatures can help cause instability.

it's not a surefire thing, but is always worth checking.

elseweise, i would check that Windows is relatively up to date.

and lastly, talking to Support for more directed assistance, and perhaps optimization adjustments if Warframe is doing something funky with you.

I do get around 220 FPS in the ship so it is possible... although using speedfan the highest temperature my CPUs have gotten is 50 celcius, also doing some benchmarks the highest Temp my GPU gets is 71 celsius, that's if I overclock it... I can try using v sync to see this that helps as I've read in a forum or two so far that it "may" help stop the crashing... I'll update if it does work.

kinda relavant. if my laptop screen sleeps while in the liset it crashes. can still hear the sound but its just a pure black screen. it works fine after timeing out other places, not that ive tested many, and also in other games is fine

*UPDATE* After much testing and running idly with these settings, I've found that the only way for me to run the game as stable as possible is to not only disable Direct X 10, 11 and multi-threaded rendering mode... But to also have Vsync enabled at all times. It seems that Warframe as of U16 does not like it when I run the game at 160-220 Fluctuating FPS while idle, so it would randomly crash every 5 or so minutes, but after enabling Vsync I successfully managed to stay Idle in the ship for 20 minutes to 1 Hour... Even though I hate Vsync, I will continue to use it since I can now play the game with no problems. I will update again if any other problems arise in the future with this fix... Thanks again everyone for the suggestions, My PC's SSHD, RAM and overall came out clean and flawless in the tests I performed.

Edited by R3DBelmont456