Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Melee Balanced In Pvp

ROSING

I have no idea if it is or not, I'm still pretty new to PvP

But I love going sword alone in PvE missions, and I want to try out melee in PvP too, but after playing witha  few weapons I'm not sure if some are better than others or not. If they're all equal, then how is it as such? And if it's not, then can this open up discussion as to how to balance the melee weaps?

To topic - NO 

DE doesn't give a S#&$ about the way they balance, instead of getting clashing forest restricted, they nerf to ground making bo prime in no way a viable weapon, so Be prem fer  cepter ... If DE removes copter that one would be useless now.

I have seen peeps killing weak creatures with skana but it's TTK is laughable compared to those of dual raza or ripkas, you might want to use dex derpa for that range.

Gram is one of those weapons which CAN'T copter , instead it is a two-shot weapon - channel firststrike , finish with second non-channeled. I loved using Cleaving whirlwind - easy to land , yet with tempo royale , there are invincible frames which are annoying.

DE  constant with nerfs on melee weapons for people complaining about it. Melee its too op, coptering good spin damage bad, make melee a movement tool etc etc etc.
So this game mode, its focused more on gun play, saying melee alone its too easy to play, damage reduction, increase the stamina consumition while blocking etc etc.
Actually we have all melee underpowered, except kogake and gram, and now they are complaining about the gram, they cant scape, its too easy to play with melee etc etc... So DE basically are listening about that feedback and making more and more and more useless the melee weapons.
I prefer the gun play, but i dont see why people who want to be melee alone cant play the same way like guns.
They talk about the lack of skill required for play with melee, so for that words, they nerf again, and again the melee weapons.
Now I think its coming a Gram nerf because people complain about be killed in 2 melee hits with a heavy weapon... 
So maybe u can never going to be a melee alone player without complains.

Jeez these replies.

To answer your question, melee is very strong and viable in current PvP but it is very dependent on the weapon you use, the stance you have (if you're using pure melee and not quick melee), and a PvP tier 2 reward mod called Martial Magnetism.

Martial Magnetism is a mod that gives melee autoaim and target tracking for a modest stamina per swing increase.  Yes, it is as bonkers as it sounds - you don't miss with this mod, and it's very difficult to shake you.  Because of how fast people can move in warframe, it is a very necessary mod if you don't want people to just walk away from you every time you get into melee range.  I'd recommend NOT trying to use melee as your main killer until you get this mod.

As for what melee weapons are good - Bo Prime is still the gold standard for mobility, but now makes up for that by being incredibly weak at actually killing people.  Kogake doesn't copter very well and has an ungainly air melee, but it kills reasonably quickly, is very sticky with martial mag, and most importantly its slide attack knocks people over allowing easy followup with either your fists or your firearm.  Gram used to be the gold standard for straight up bowling people over in melee, but got nerfed pretty heavily.  In any case, its best stance - Tempo Royale - is very, very expensive/hard to get.  Post Gram nerfs, I'd say the Furax is in contention for being the new pure melee weapon of choice (that is, when you actually switch to melee, not just using quick attacks).  Fist weapon stances are reasonably easy to get, and one of them (I think Fracturing Wind?  I'd have to check EDIT: Actually it's Seismic Palm, but FW isn't bad) has extremely generous frames for blocking on its slide attacks.  That is, you can slide attack to close distance with Furax and still be blocking the majority of shots coming you way.  Combined with a sturdy frame like Rhino or Chroma, you can completely steamroll people who haven't learned to kite you as much as possible.  Also, Furax is more mobile than Gram.

Both Furax and Kogake are very, very easy to make.  Furax doesn't even require rare materials. 

Anyway, even if you do use melee, make sure to combo it with your guns.  Shoot people to soften them up while closing before meleeing them.  Knock people down with Kogake then execute them with Lex Prime - that kinda stuff.  Melee duel someone with a stronger weapon/frame combo and just when it seems like you might die, copter out and shoot them in the face. 

Edited by Drinniol

If you wanna do melee, go with volt prime, only Bo prime and stack speed with channeling. Thats the only setup that seems to work. That aside:

Bad loadout.

Not rly worth it.

I allways have my gram rdy just in case someone closes in on my frost. Slow, 1-2 unequipped hits, if the enemy didn't die yet- shooting from a distance.

---And i am talking as someone who carries melee into high lvl pve content!

I have no idea if it is or not, I'm still pretty new to PvP

But I love going sword alone in PvE missions, and I want to try out melee in PvP too, but after playing witha  few weapons I'm not sure if some are better than others or not. If they're all equal, then how is it as such? And if it's not, then can this open up discussion as to how to balance the melee weaps?

It's hard to say. How do you want to use it? For mobility, combined with primaries/secondaries or melee only?

You say you love going sword alone in PvE, so I'm going to assume you want to do the same in PvP. Without Martial Magnetism (MM) you will lose. A lot. With it you will probably win a lot once you know what you're doing. Throw in a Relentless Assault and you're good to go.

Talking from experience, it's certainly a real damn pain in the &#! on the receiving end (I prefer mobility and shooting and refuse to use that mod). But it's not an automatic 'I win'-button either against experienced players. So who knows, maybe it has a semblance of balance right now? There's certainly a lot of cheese involved, I just wish I had more nachos.

P.S. And no, not all melee weapons are equal. There are a select few at the top of the pile, ignore the rest. "Balance" right now revolves entirely around how good a weapon/stance is with MM, in my opinion.

If you want to go melee only, I recommend the Gram. You can't use it for coptering, but other than this, that thing is op.

Coptering is overrated. It's d-melee is magnificent. Also, there are invincible frames in Tempo Royale? Is it throughout the whole thing, or a particular combo, or what? I do hope its a particular combo, because I like using the stance in general.