Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apex, The Warframe Of Prey/ Yamakasi...(U1.3)

unknow99

I... I would get this frame in a heartbeat. This introduces a whole new way to play. Congrats man! I'll stay tuned because this concept just makes me so giddy and it's not too overpowered like many other concepts I see.

Thanks man! :)

An update is coming this week end (after the devstream) with arts for the remaining abilities(and bonuses,maybe). Stay tuned...

giphy.gif

Edited by unknow99

Thanks man! :)

An update is coming this week end (after the devstream) with arts for the remaining abilities(and bonuses,maybe). Stay tuned...

giphy.gif

Sweet. Also, piggybacking off of a passive mentioned earlier, Apex could have a jump that propels him further forward than other frames (kind of like a pounce or leap) & it's influenced by movement speed and the direction the player is looking. Edited by (XB1)TsK x BraVo

Sweet. Also, piggybacking off of a passive mentioned earlier, Apex could have a jump that propels him further forward than other frames (kind of like a pounce or leap) & it's influenced by movement speed and the direction the player is looking.

Man, you just gave me an awesome idea involving lots of passives!!!

:)

Dude this reminds the Predator from AVP. Just throwing out ideas, but what if his ult was like when the Predator got his shoulder cannon thing? Apex could like spring out two mini Opticor looking things from his shoulders and they would have an auto-lock, with a lot of power. But only a set amount of ammo, which increases with the rank of the ability, and balances out the amount of damage the cannons do?..... Kinda had a flashback of the movie while reading this :P

Dude this reminds the Predator from AVP. Just throwing out ideas, but what if his ult was like when the Predator got his shoulder cannon thing? Apex could like spring out two mini Opticor looking things from his shoulders and they would have an auto-lock, with a lot of power. But only a set amount of ammo, which increases with the rank of the ability, and balances out the amount of damage the cannons do?..... Kinda had a flashback of the movie while reading this :P

Awesome idea, will perhaps make an alternate ability like this and hope that I won't get copyright issues...

I don't think copyright will be a problem. It's not directly based off the movie, just somewhat similar. All we need now is an Alien warframe to compete with it in PVP :P. I also think it should cost less energy than most final abilities, and be a toggle, so that it can still allow it to be flexible and stealth-like. While still dealing a good amount of damage as long as its active.

Edited by LoneWitness

Hmmmmmm yeaaah... Being able to climb in normal mode is good! And that's the problem, it may be too good !

If the first isn't doable, I'll side with the higher jump because the third ability relies on this climbing aspect.

I'd say the downside of Apex then be that you have to maximize usage of his/her parkour advantages over other enemies and Warframes to stay alive.  That unfortunately means health, shield, and armor reductions.

My suggestion for Apex's stats:

100 base health

75 base shield

100 armor

200 max stamina

100 base power

20 shield recharge

1.5 sprint speed

Hotfix 1.0.2 :

• Changed "Blend" to "Yamakasi" !
  • Reduced armor a little (I repeat, I don't want them to be OP! )
  • Increased stamina : Grabbing walls, running on all four,... A space ninja should handle this for a consequent duration!
  • Added shield recharge (Base value = 20)
  • Added base shield, as Tengu suggested. (Base value = 75)

I insist that each reader (including YOU, the guy/girl reading this) can contribute if you find something that could be improved. :)

Powers soon to be drawn.

And Immortal skins too!

Edited by unknow99

Update 1.2

• Added the first alternate helmet for the male version.

YscMI44.jpg

Komainu helmet, 75 plats to craft :)

Sauce of inspiration :

komainu-5.jpg

Stay tuned for season 2 alternate female helmet, season 3 helmets & the pic fo the ultimate power!

Edited by unknow99

What about something that could resemble like some sort of night vision goggles? I think it could go well with its thermal view ability. Maybe the "lenses" or whatever you decide to include, glow while the ability is active? Maybe even extend.

Edited by LoneWitness

What about something that could resemble like some sort of night vision goggles? I think it could go well with its thermal view ability. Maybe the "lenses" or whatever you decide to include, glow while the ability is active? Maybe even extend.

Do you mean a line of sight effect like this?

RAF_Loadmaster_with_Night_Vision_Goggles

Yeah that's approximately what I'd want to recreate, but in a "tenno" way...

xD The name and effect of the mod fits totally with Apex ^^

Yeeaaah but I mean : I didn't see this and  say "oh what if I copied this? :D"

That suits him/her well though. ;)

At least I now know that the concept fits the game perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...