Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Weapons Degrade Over Time? (Repair Mechanic)

Institute-Marksman

How about this:

You can get a weapon for 1/10 of it's price or materials for a version that degrades.

This way, we can test weapons and players get a cleaning minigame!

Edited by jjpdn

This measly forum post cannot express how much we don't want this so I wrote a program that can.

#include <stdio.h>

void main()

{

int x;

for (x = 1; x<=10^10^100; x++)

printf("No. ");

}

And now for actual feedback so I don't get another warning.

Degrading weapons bear a worse stench than pay-to-win games. They reek of pay-to-play.

You might be able to make that a solid game mechanic in a sort of survival horror game where you don't know which bullet will be your last, but in those games are built around that mechanic, where always having a weapon isn't necessary for progressing.

It also turns away potential new players since we've been trained to ignore any game that has even the tiniest scent of P2W/P2P or whatever.

For all we know Ordis may be automatically "repairing" them by taking some of the money we spend on the foundry to buy resources and do other stuff. Or the gun may be suspended in an area isolated from outside influences (which is dumb but it's a dumb other reason).

Edited by Lukap99

No offense to the opening poster, I have played games with degrading and permanently degrading gear and honestly, I would never like to see that in another game again. Especially in free to play games, the gear and resources we work to obtain reflect our progress and honestly in a game where the developer cares so little about the player's sense of accomplishment or achievement, I don't think they deserve business or users. The place for such mechanics are in rogue-likes and simulation type enviroments not in games that use gear as the main means of advancement, and even in these genre, I would argue that the games could be improved by the degrade mechanic being removed.