Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"your Graphics Card Is Not Supported"

GRIZZLY909

Question

So I finally convinced my friend to play warframe, he has an integrated video card, but when he tries to open the game it says that his graphics card is not supported and/or he needs to upgrade drives, he has an integrated graphics card and I think upgrading Nvidia drivers is just nonsense... can someone tell me the solution?

17 answers to this question

I found that if I downloaded warframe through steam instead of through the warframe website it worked perfectly. The warframe download was really quick and the steam on took like 20 minutes but the steam download worked.

He downloaded it from steam

Wrong forum and will likely get moved, but...

You really need to let us know what the GPU chipset is. Easiest way is likely hit the Windows key (Windows 7 through 8.1), and start typing Device Manager. Select Device Manager in the results and when it loads expand the Display Adapters node. Tell us the name of the card under that. If you double click on the card and go to the Drivers tab of the dialog that opens, give us the Driver Version.

Wrong forum and will likely get moved, but...

You really need to let us know what the GPU chipset is. Easiest way is likely hit the Windows key (Windows 7 through 8.1), and start typing Device Manager. Select Device Manager in the results and when it loads expand the Display Adapters node. Tell us the name of the card under that. If you double click on the card and go to the Drivers tab of the dialog that opens, give us the Driver Version.

He has XP...

He has XP...

Version of the system shouldn't matter I think. Microsoft doesn't change that stuff too often.

Better use :

"Windows key [the key with windows logo on it] + r [yeah, the "r" letter]"

This will get You a window in which type "dxdiag" and hit enter.

DxDiag will get You a whole lot of details about Your friends PC, just browse through the tabs there will be info on his graphic card there too.

So its name is A-series APU can't find drivers for it can you give me url?

If it's an A-series APU, then it is from AMD.

Just provide details on what processor he has, and with that we can know what kind of APU is used in it.

If it's an A-series APU, then it is from AMD.

Just provide details on what processor he has, and with that we can know what kind of APU is used in it.

He has i3 processor, all I need now is driver, but I can't find it for win xp can you guys send me url??

If the game is giving a message that their graphics device is not supported, then there's nothing that can be done. They will need to purchase or obtain a computer that meets the game's minimum requirements in order to play. It isn't a software issue, it's a hardware one.

If the hardware isn't supported by the game, it won't matter what drivers you install. Drivers just act as a communication bridge between your operating system and your hardware, and installing drivers for hardware that your system does not have can potentially cause serious damage to your PC.

its name is A-series APU 

He has i3 processor

so... like hybrid intel-amd? A-i3? 

back to the point, since he's using "i3" and XP, i'm guessing it's at least a 5yr old pc, which might be using intel intergrated graphics series 2000 or earlier. which cant support warframe. even intel HD3000 have a hard time running it.

so it's only this , nothing can be done.

If the game is giving a message that their graphics device is not supported, then there's nothing that can be done. They will need to purchase or obtain a computer that meets the game's minimum requirements in order to play. It isn't a software issue, it's a hardware one.

He has i3 processor, all I need now is driver, but I can't find it for win xp can you guys send me url??

Grizzly, you're giving us differing information. Follow these instructions (similar to tocorro's instructions):

- Press CTRL-R ('CTRL' key plus 'R' key).

- In the dialog that pops up type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes), and click 'OK'.

- If a message box pops-up asking to check the internet or check for signed drivers just click 'No'.

- On the 'System' tab tell us the 'Processor' and the 'Memory'.

- On the 'Display' tab tell us the 'Name' and 'Version'.

dxdiag1.png

dxdiag2.png

dxdiag3.png

I'm going to agree and say your friend needs to update drivers first, and if that doesn't work an add-on graphics card would probably help out a lot!

A little advice for that, I've been an AMD fan my whole gaming life (14+ years) but I'll tell you point blank that Nvidia is the way to go for Warframe. I swapped over to them and don't regret it at all!

As far as nothing being able to be done and having to buy a whole new PC, I disagree politely.

I use a GT740 on Windows 7 with DX11 (tho I don't think my Warframe is actually running DX11) and Warframe works great! When I switch over to the Windows 10 tech version with DX12 I get the same error OP's friend has. "Graphics card not supported".  Clearly the card works in one situation, but not the other.

Not saying Letter13 is wrong. Not at all! 13 knows way more about this and Warframe than I do. Just saying that depending on the situation, the error might be more than what it seems.

But again, your friend should really get a seperate video card. It's not a bad thing. :) You can get a very nice midrange card that can run Warframe flawlessly for around $100 online.

*Edited for spelling

Edited by Keyse

If the hardware isn't supported by the game, it won't matter what drivers you install. Drivers just act as a communication bridge between your operating system and your hardware, and installing drivers for hardware that your system does not have can potentially cause serious damage to your PC.

ive had the same issue but when i used windows 8.1 it worked perfectly fine and when i upgraded to windows 10 this started happening

ive had the same issue but when i used windows 8.1 it worked perfectly fine and when i upgraded to windows 10 this started happening

That sounds like a driver issue then. Make sure you have the correct drivers for your hardware installed, and make sure that it's drivers for Windows 10.