Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, About Dat Killing Floor 2

Quiet_Time1

It is literally the best possible medic build available, so I have no clue what you guys are moaning about with this combat medic crap, are you whining that the medic on your team is getting kills?

TOO BAD

We are whining as to why more combat oriented medics are a more effective method of play than actually being a medic and healing others. It has absolutely nothing to do with the team getting kills at all, so I don't know where you're getting at. 

You get 2 XP for every heal (unless they changed it). Of course people are going to not bother healing, they're going to kill more than heal. That is bad for a medic, since their sole purpose is to heal others.

Edited by TheErebus.

We are whining as to why more combat oriented medics are a more effective method of play than actually being a medic and healing others. It has absolutely nothing to do with the team getting kills at all, so I don't know where you're getting at. 

You get 2 XP for every heal (unless they changed it). Of course people are going to not bother healing, they're going to kill more than heal. That is bad for a medic, since their sole purpose is to heal others.

Yeah, the focus is on dealing damage rather than healing. My strategy is 1) throw grenade in path of large group of mobs 2) use SMG to tag large groups 3) use shotty to tag/kill large groups 4) keep group topped off.

Staring at HP bars is boring. Having to strike a balance between DPS and heals is engaging.

Healing your team isn't rewarded enough, save preventing their deaths.

i'm liking it as a start. there's obviously a considerable amount missing, but what is there, is a good start.

obviously i'm disappoint at the lack of Weapons atm, and that makes it less interesting than i'd like it to be.

my biggest complaint currently is when Clots grab you, your camera spins around at like, mach 75. it's very disorienting and jarring. it just spins too fast. i actually was fine with the way Killing Floor did it, it didn't f... with my Camera.

the Camera feels wrong. even with the FoV as high as it goes, something feels wrong. i think the guns are just too 'close' to the Camera, making the screen feel claustrophobic.

welding doors isn't... particularly useful. the door not respawning between waves, i can sort've understand that as in Killing Floor it was a silly effective strategy to have someone(s) keep an eye on a door and create a single avenue bottleneck for easymode.

but it still doesn't feel very useful.

a bit of a more minor, but still annoying concern - is that the Zombies (if someone wants to get whiney that i didn't say Zeds, they're the same thing, i'm well aware of the 'story' - it's a renamed Zombie, shut up) are constantly trying to surround you.

i get that this is expected to happen normally, but the fact that they seem to take routes to the Player to have maximum surrounding is meh at times.

as if the randomness of Spawns results in the Enemies spawning in front of me getting quite thick as to where i'd like to avoid going head on into that, then you can quickly get surrounded by two large clumps - all based on basically RNG, rather than Player failure.

- - - - -

i'm ridiculously glad that Medics can actually shoot things though. in Kiling Floor the Medic was always a jerk, because to level up the fastest, wait for your buddies to get hit, then Heal them. don't shoot anything, that way there's a higher Chance they get hit.

so being able to shoot things without feeling like you're wasting your time is very good.

(lol @ complaint that Combat Medic is better than Medic - you ARE a Combat Medic - you Heal yourself and your buddies, but you also actually participate in the Combat too)

the current Boss is... different. certainly a nice change from the Patriarch, i was never particularly fond of that p...y f...er. going invisible and running away when you deal Damage. *something something get back here you little s...*

and also nice that since it isn't the Patriarch, doesn't have that 'twirl around' generic bland POS attack that is a random instadeath. god i hate cliche's from traditional MMO's being added into games. (i.e. the cliche 'Warrior' spin attack that is the end of the imagination of garbage Developers that are making a copy paste game)

this Boss is also interesting, a German scientist type person, who has what looks suspiciously like Mustard Gas Grenades.

AR-15 Varmint Rifle. sigh.

9x19 Chambered AR-15. i know this is in the game because it's one of the few Weapons that you can actually legally get in the UK as a Civilian. but it's:

- not satisfying to use

- just overall kind've arse

'checking Ammo' is really nice. i like the look of it. gives some more personality to the Weapons.

oh, and Reloading actually makes freaking sense. saving Mags when they're not empty rather than throwing them on the ground and having them teleport into your pockets. i'm very glad for this.

they still magically combine spare rounds in your pocket, but i understand as not a Gun Sperg game that i can't expect that to be a thing, this is an Action game, not a Survival Simulator.

oh, FleshPounds in Killing Floor actually say things?

d'oh. too busy shooting, always assumed it was just random edgey growly garble.

it's almost completely confirmed that there will be atleast two Melee Classes. and the Katana is for the one that isn't Berserker.

If the Katana is for the next melee class, I will definitely be trying it out. That weapon is actually pretty cool. I originally said "firebug" as that's what the people I was running with said it was. Not bothered to keep track of KF2 much at all, as I only even considered buying it last week. Prior to that, I only played games I already had and didn't go shopping for new ones

Edited by Magnar21

If the Katana is for the next melee class, I will definitely be trying it out. That weapon is actually pretty cool. I originally said "firebug" as that's what the people I was running with said it was. Not bothered to keep track of KF2 much at all, as I only even considered buying it last week. Prior to that, I only played games I already had and didn't go shopping for new ones

The Katana is for a Perk labelled in the game files as "Martial Artist" (IE Hopefully you get to punch clots in the face :3)

One thing I'd like to say is that the voice acting in KF2 is amazing. From what I searched up in KF1 ALL characters but like 2 or 3 DLC characters for 2~ moneys each had about 7 minutes of obnoxious and boring British banter.

While on the other hand, in KF2 every single one of the characters has about 20 (BLOODY TWENTY) minutes of voice acting done.

The Katana is for a Perk labelled in the game files as "Martial Artist" (IE Hopefully you get to punch clots in the face :3)

One thing I'd like to say is that the voice acting in KF2 is amazing. From what I searched up in KF1 ALL characters but like 2 or 3 DLC characters for 2~ moneys each had about 7 minutes of obnoxious and boring British banter.

While on the other hand, in KF2 every single one of the characters has about 20 (BLOODY TWENTY) minutes of voice acting done.

I hate the new trader though. There's no connection and it seems all too serious, the old trader felt like a friend. 

This one sounds like she's just Horzine's intern.

I hate the new trader though. There's no connection and it seems all too serious, the old trader felt like a friend. 

If she wants to be a 3D printer then respect her life choices. >:l

i'm okay with the Trader since it's not a big part of the game, except the French voice feels out of place to the rest of the game.

Is KF2 giving more weapons for each class or is that the set amount? Cause I want more melee weapons for the berserker

the starting target is 100 Weapons, so you can expect to have 6-8 Class Specific Weapons as well as the universals.

plus crazier stuff over time once it's at V1.0, presumably.

So nobody is going to complain about welding(fire) a wooden door(Flammable)?

nobody gives a flying f... because it's not a big deal. Gameplay comes first in Video Games. little nitpick details like that are secondary, even tertiary importance.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to installing and trying this (because after uninstalling everything else but Warframe so I could install Star Citizen I had just enough room left for little KF2 :P) the other night. Very happy with it.

Loses big points for not improving the flow of the game. For all their talk about making people move around, everyone still seems to camp one area, movement feels more sluggish, and there's no U.I. improvement to help stay together or monitor your team. They still make me trudge across the map every round to get to the trader. As taiiat said earlier in the thread, it seems like the deck is stacked against you because you're always, ALWAYS surrounded in KF2.

All the old player problems are still there. Medics who think it's TF2 and never fire a shot until everyone else is dead. Commandos and supports who shoot the crap out of everything from all directions and can't trust anyone, running out ammo halfway through the round and getting killed by big groups of enemies from behind while they try to out-kill eachother all shooting a different direction together. Berserkers who go running off alone and then blame the team for not helping. FP's and Scrakes tanking your whole team while no one shoots the adds... though that is somewhat due to lack of any sort of demolitions perk.

Medic has saved the game for me. Nice selection of little anti-trash mob guns. I heal when appropriate, shoot the directions no one is shooting in and kill trash mobs when the team is panicking over a big mob. Move speed passive makes the movement more bearable. Odd that the medic guns look like something out of Phantasy Star Online, but not absurd enough to bother me.

Scrakes seem like a pushover this time. Circle strafe counter-clockwise = never take damage. Not sure why people are worried about them. Maybe they get new moves on higher difficulties?

LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can hit things with my gun. Hope they do a sharpshooter rifle with a bayonet like maybe a KAR 98. <3