Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All I Wanted ~

xxaaron5515xx

I think the Devs mentioned in a Devstream (forgot which one, but it was a recent one) where in response to the Excal Radial Javelin LOS nerf, that they're not done looking at other Warframe's Ultimates for similar changes. Whether that means just adding LOS requirements on a bunch of Ultimates or nerfing them in individual ways, for the most part, I'm okay with it.

I'm completely fine with and LOS on most abilities, such as saryn. I only hope they don't pull the awareness stuff on everyone.

You are asking for frames that the person may or may not have, explicitly telling them to play this thing or leave. Denying them to play from not having a non required item is bullsh*t, you shouldn't ever force someone into doing something that they dont want to, being a host of a game doesn't mean you are now better than the rest of your squad.

In tower keys it's okay to give instructions as you are hosting a key that is not "easy" to get, but you shouldn't force someone into that, if they are fine with it that's ok but forcing is not

Wrong again

Recruitment chat - H whatever, frames wanted x,y,z

How is that forcing players who do not have the frame to ask for an inv? How?

How is that forcing players who do not want to use that frame to use that frame? How?

The host has asked for x,y,z and if players want to play but do not want to use any of the frames asked then they simply do not ask for an inv, how is that so hard to do?

You are simply making things more complicated and making things up on the spot

Wow a cooldown on ultimates is a fantastic idea. Nothing insanely crazy but like 10-20 seconds upon completion of said ultimate. Give channeled ultimates a duration ect. I really think that would be amazing and address "spamability" of not even just mesa but all other frames.

Wow a cooldown on ultimates is a fantastic idea. Nothing insanely crazy but like 10-20 seconds upon completion of said ultimate. Give channeled ultimates a duration ect. I really think that would be amazing and address "spamability" of not even just mesa but all other frames.

It is a terrible idea and you should feel bad about it because if another ability becomes 'spammable' then again you would ask for another cooldown nerf to that skill and it would continue until all 'spammable' skills get nerfed.

Mesa is fine, Gmag is fine, they do not need nerfs or any changes, if you want to make other frames to be on equal footing then ask for buffs to frames that you think need it instead of nerfing everything down to the crap tier.

Always the same thing no matter what, it works - nerf it, people are playing different to me - nerf it, people are using 6 forma'd weapons which are better than my MK-1 Braton, nerf it

Why is the answer to a problem always a nerf with this community?

Cooldowns have been shot down multiple times in the past. They artificially slow down the pace of the game and can easily be circumvented. In the specific case of Mesa's Peacemaker, you would just bring two Mesas instead of one and have them switch off using Peacemaker.

There's no problem with Mesa. There is no problem with Greedy Pull. There just happen to be some Warframe build combinations that have amazing synergy with each other (e.g. Vortex, Radial Disarm, and fast Molecular Prime).

Edited by Inarticulate

It is a terrible idea and you should feel bad about it because if another ability becomes 'spammable' then again you would ask for another cooldown nerf to that skill and it would continue until all 'spammable' skills get nerfed.

Mesa is fine, Gmag is fine, they do not need nerfs or any changes, if you want to make other frames to be on equal footing then ask for buffs to frames that you think need it instead of nerfing everything down to the crap tier.

Always the same thing no matter what, it works - nerf it, people are playing different to me - nerf it, people are using 6 forma'd weapons which are better than my MK-1 Braton, nerf it

Why is the answer to a problem always a nerf with this community?

Can you please leave my discussion. Also the idea of cooldowns isnt a specific nerf to a frame. Its a gameplay mechanic. You keep assuming these outlandish things from the actual points im putting out and ontop of that your being insanely rude. Its not constructive in the least bit.

Cooldowns have been shot down multiple times in the past. They artificially slow down the pace of the game and can easily be circumvented. In the specific case of Mesa's Peacemaker, you would just bring two Mesas instead of one and have them switch off using Peacemaker.

There's no problem with Mesa. There is no problem with Greedy Pull. There just happen to be some Warframe build combinations that have amazing synergy with each other (e.g. Vortex, Radial Disarm, and fast Molecular Prime)

I see what you mean. There would just be work arounds that way. Tis a very good point but at least that requires a little coordination than 1 single person going rambo style.

Can you please leave my discussion. Also the idea of cooldowns isnt a specific nerf to a frame. Its a gameplay mechanic. You keep assuming these outlandish things from the actual points im putting out and ontop of that your being insanely rude. Its not constructive in the least bit.

Nope

It is a terrible gameplay mechanic and you would want it applied to all spammable skills because people always work out what is the next efficent frame after the community got the last one nerfed and if your frame wasn't used or you got sick of seeing the same 2 frames you would do the same thing as you have done now.

Basically all you are saying is 'i don't like it nerf it to please me'

I countered your points and because you don't like it you start making things up.

Nope

It is a terrible gameplay mechanic and you would want it applied to all spammable skills because people always work out what is the next efficent frame after the community got the last one nerfed and if your frame wasn't used or you got sick of seeing the same 2 frames you would do the same thing as you have done now.

Basically all you are saying is 'i don't like it nerf it to please me'

I countered your points and because you don't like it you start making things up.

If you knew what I was thinking or saying we obv wouldnt be having this argument.

-snip-

To be honest, DE has done cooldowns for abilities in Close Beta. 

What happened to it?

Got discarded due to fact that players would wait from room to room for cooldown to end and proceed to the next. This lead to slow pace.

Even if its 10 seconds it'll just lead to players taking turns with the same class....

In short, don't hold your breath for cooldowns to be brought back anytime soon.

You do realize that Mesa and Mag aren't the only frames that can become cheesy right? A +strength/-duration Saryn can run through a map miasma killing everything except later stage T4 content, and +efficiency/+range Banshee can lock down an entire area for ages cheesing MD (and a lesser extent D), Nova can turn anything other than Nullifiers into powder kegs, and Loki can rush maps like no other frame (king of T4C speed runs). Prior to his nerf Excalibro was similar to Mesa. That's not even getting into griefers.

Think you should really join a clan/alliance of like minded players and play most of the time with them, it's what I do. Play with pugs, expect the cheese.

I will say I also much preferred it during the older updates where you actually had to press more than one button to achieve something, now it just feels like I go into any mission and one button will complete the mission, where the challenge in that. Of course you could say that I could just not use them skills, but that doesn't change the fact that they still make the game way to easy.