Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Not So "founders" Anymore.

Dagnome

You are missing the point. It was an exclusivity thing as well. It was pitched and sold as an exclusivity thing. 

"Get the Founders Pack while you still can before the end of Closed Beta."

See how that went? Now those who did, regardless of reason, have been tricked in a sense. 

I Bought Masters for supporting the Devs. I Upgraded to Grand Masters for the perks.

Ok, so they put on aggresive marketing during CBT and so what? That was probably to kickstart the funding.

It's not like your gameplay experience is getting ruined because some other guy who just joined and bought a Founder. And obviously, DE still needs funding due to the game being so freakin' free and the program is most likely their main revenue. Plus, you can still boast with being a CBT tester and happy owner of Vandal items.

Ok, so they put on aggresive marketing during CBT and so what? That was probably to kickstart the funding.

It's not like your gameplay experience is getting ruined because some other guy who just joined and bought a Founder. And obviously, DE still needs funding due to the game being so freakin' free and the program is most likely their main revenue. Plus, you can still boast with being a CBT tester and happy owner of Vandal items.

Well you obviously do not know how to look at it objectively, and that is fine, but I am not going to continue with you.

It was bait and switch and that is that. People get sour over it.

From the sounds of it, this needs to just be closed down altogether. Not so much for the sake of the founders, but more so that a more worthwhile system can be put in place. If this game isn't even currently in 'full release' state---we're all still technically founders and shall be such until 'Full release'. They're still doing tile sets for already existing mobs. Therefore until the game is actually in a state we can call 'Complete' and able to experience 'expansions', y'know 'new content' in the way we're used to getting it, its kind of hard to buy the whole 'Founders are losing their worth' thing, when they seem pretty worthless to begin with. 

To be honest it seems like they jumped the gun, weren't sure what to do, and just kind of put the whole system on the back burner so they'd at least get some funding support somewhere if they need it. A major mistake of marketing, I guess. IMO they PROBABLY should have sold the packages as 'Supporters' to begin with that way there wouldn't be any entitlement issues, there wouldn't be any 'I didn't get what I paid for' feels, and at the very least it'd be increasingly obvious--if just by the power of having 'SUPPORTER' under your name--that the players that 'donated' in the first place were doing so to support the game.

Granted I kind of wish people realized, y'don't pay 200+ dollars for a few cyber perks. (Well maybe some people do.) You do it to support something you love and want to prosper. Course that's just my opinion to begin with.

Anyway...I'm actually all for the idea of just changing the friggen name of the packages if its necessary. Change the premise  maybe throw in a different prime, drop the solar landmark BS until they figure out how to actually make it appealing, keep the design council open---and make that more worthwhile as well ( Sounds like you guys need to start kicking people from the council if they talk too much.),...Y'know do stuff that makes sense, basically?

I'm personally more than willing to donate to the game, and I don't need a fancy badge or nametag to prove it. 

Just make sure when stuff is changed the nature of the donation isn't shrouded by incentive. You can say what you want, when you donate to something it shouldn't be just so you can get a new shiny toy. It should be so you can further a cause. Period.

Eh I feel like I rambled in that post. Soz~!

Well you obviously do not know how to look at it objectively, and that is fine, but I am not going to continue with you.

It was bait and switch and that is that. People get sour over it.

No, I completely get it. They promised you the program would end after CBT and it didn't, and now you are in mild despair.

But this is the least kind of thing that DE could break a promise for. They did not steal your money nor did they threat you to give them the money. There are far worse things that DE could do than simply extending the deadline for a founder's program.

-snip-

Well said, sir.

Edited by SymphNo9

From the sounds of it, this needs to just be closed down altogether. Not so much for the sake of the founders, but more so that a more worthwhile system can be put in place. If this game isn't even currently in 'full release' state---we're all still technically founders and shall be such until 'Full release'. They're still doing tile sets for already existing mobs. Therefore until the game is actually in a state we can call 'Complete' and able to experience 'expansions', y'know 'new content' in the way we're used to getting it, its kind of hard to buy the whole 'Founders are losing their worth' thing, when they seem pretty worthless to begin with. 

To be honest it seems like they jumped the gun, weren't sure what to do, and just kind of put the whole system on the back burner so they'd at least get some funding support somewhere if they need it. A major mistake of marketing, I guess. IMO they PROBABLY should have sold the packages as 'Supporters' to begin with that way there wouldn't be any entitlement issues, there wouldn't be any 'I didn't get what I paid for' feels, and at the very least it'd be increasingly obvious--if just by the power of having 'SUPPORTER' under your name--that the players that 'donated' in the first place were doing so to support the game.

Granted I kind of wish people realized, y'don't pay 200+ dollars for a few cyber perks. (Well maybe some people do.) You do it to support something you love and want to prosper. Course that's just my opinion to begin with.

Anyway...I'm actually all for the idea of just changing the friggen name of the packages if its necessary. Change the premise  maybe throw in a different prime, drop the solar landmark BS until they figure out how to actually make it appealing, keep the design council open---and make that more worthwhile as well ( Sounds like you guys need to start kicking people from the council if they talk too much.),...Y'know do stuff that makes sense, basically?

I'm personally more than willing to donate to the game, and I don't need a fancy badge or nametag to prove it. 

Just make sure when stuff is changed the nature of the donation isn't shrouded by incentive. You can say what you want, when you donate to something it shouldn't be just so you can get a new shiny toy. It should be so you can further a cause. Period.

Eh I feel like I rambled in that post. Soz~!

I agree with just about everything you posted. Except that people will donate for a myriad of reasons, and you cant dictate what will and will not incentivize someone to do so unfortunately. 

Even the plat alone is considered an incentive. 

I also disagree on the "Founders" notion. It was made very apparent during the Closed Beta that is was an exclusive package for "Closed Beta member."

True the game is in Open Beta now, but they made it clear that those were two separate things, and as such the "Founders" package was for Closed Beta founders who donated. 

They then either did not have time to mess with closing it, or more likely saw $$ signs and left it open.

Either way they should have pitched it differently from the start.

It is funny that the people most in favor of leaving it open because there is no difference between "Closed" and "Open" all started playing after Open Beta....

Nothing wrong with it, makes sense. But it is funny none the less.

Edited by Zackai

It is funny that the people most in favor of leaving it open because there is no difference between "Closed" and "Open" all started playing after Open Beta....

Yes, because 10 CBTers replied to this thread sure makes a reliable sample size, right?

Ok let's bring the focus back. Would you be in favor of a premium time system or maintain the current "pack" be it founders or supporters program DE has in place? Persnally I love the different kind of players getting invloved in this discussion. Pardon the spelling I'm posting from my phone.

Yes, because 10 CBTers replied to this thread sure makes a reliable sample size, right?

Your opinion is obviously skewed by the fact that you started after Open Beta started and bought GM.

The founder program should close when Beta ends.

Closed Beta Ended. 

As was already specified.

Edited by Zackai

XAs I read through the posts and think of my experiences with "betas" it brings up another question which I think may add fuel to the discussion fire. Do you consider "open beta" the final stage in a f2p game? Most of us know that a game in beta means that major content/systems are still in production. But then the term "open beta" has been used in many games as the final stage as sort of an excuse for the game to remain incomplete and a scapegoat for bugs and game breaking glitches. What do you think of the term "beta" and when does it end?

Edited by Dagnome

Closed Beta Ended. 

As was already specified.

Poor choice of wording on my part.

The Founders Program should stop being available when Warframe transitions from Beta to Live.

I also just realized that our OP Dagnome gave away Founders packages to other players recently.... Ironic...

Edited by Archistopheles

XAs I read through the posts and think of my experiences with "betas" it brings up another question which I think may add fuel to the discussion fire. Do you consider "open beta" the final stage in a f2p game? Most of us know that a game in beta means that major content/systems are still in production. But then the term "open beta" has been used in many games as the final stage as sort of an excuse for the game to remain incomplete and a scapegoat for bugs and game breaking glitches. What do you think of the term "beta" and when does it end?

This is the problem, most games these days never leave "open beta" as that is justification for content to never be fully finished, and thus release future patches. 

Poor choice of wording on my part.

The Founders Program should stop being available when Warframe transitions from Beta to Live.

I also just realized that our OP Dagnome gave away Founders packages to other players recently.... Ironic...

Is going to, next Friday.

Since it is still in the system, and DE refuses to stay true to word on it, why not give them away? Everyone has it anyways lol.

Would you chastise free Founder Packs, UGCs, or Bioshock Infinite?

Is going to, next Friday.

Since it is still in the system, and DE refuses to stay true to word on it, why not give them away? Everyone has it anyways lol.

Would you chastise free Founder Packs, UGCs, or Bioshock Infinite?

I think we are misunderstanding each other. I ment ironic in a "light-hearted-chuckle" way, not the "Aha! You're a Hypocrit" sense.

Edited by Archistopheles

I think we are misunderstanding each other. I ment ironic in a "light-hearted-chuckle" way, not a "Aha! You're a Hypocrit" sense.

My apologies. =)

I would like to clarify. I do not hold myself above anyone else here, or in the Community, especially not over a purchased package.

I am simply displeased that DE went against their word, and sales pitch and now, something that did mean something no longer means a thing.

Has anyone even considered the stellar success DE have had with the game? I haven't seen that mentioned once. Regarding the solar landmarks, who are we to say DE knew that many people would become Grandmasters? We know for sure they didn't intend to keep the Founders program open this long, so obviously the landmarks are going to be cluttered. You're being unreasonable if you don't expect them to tidy them up.