Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Colors And "copy From Main" Feature...

StealthDragoon

Is it me or is this part of the game was broken along with Regalias not saving their postions?

Ever since the last update, any new frames I've tried had greyed out boxes with an X in it for Colors as well as Attachments.

Attempting to "Copy from Main" on attachments has no effect.

i.e.: Limbo is black/white, Deadalus Armor set/Syandana stays at default color when you press "Copy from Main".

If I change the color on a frame, the greyed out box with the X changes to the color I picked. Then, trying to "Copy from Main" on your attachments works.

The greyed out boxes with the X makes things more complicated when you're trying to figure out what was the original color used... And it also denies color copying for Attachements...

Edited by StealthDragoon

well the main reason for it displaying a greyed out x is because some a large amount of attachments don't use the same colors as others, eg. the targris prime armor vs. the edo armor.

the reason they display a grey x is because it is difficult to display the different color of each attachment

The issue here is that the defaults for Warframes (and Sentinels) should not have the same system as the attachments. Accessories having this non-committal default icon is great, because it solves the problem of Prime armors not being able to have an actual prime coloring since the change to allow that to be tinted, and accessories lacking a default color option before. The fact syandanas and armors would default at different colors prevents one item trumping the others on what gets to be the default.

However, Frames and Sentinels don't need this generic block because their default colors are always the same without change. Helmets don't come with their own defaults for example. Thus, the default icon being present on Frames and Sentinels only serves as a detriment. We can't copy the colors to our accessories (some people like to do this, which is why that button even exists) and without that function working on default colors, we also can't just try to color match by eye because the icons are placeholder defaults. If at all possible, rolling back the change for just Frames and Sentinels as the only affected parties would completely resolve the issue. There is even an individual default button for accessory colors, so copying all of the colors from from the main source, then setting specific pieces back to default is something we can do already. Just not when a frame's in its default colors.