Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Of Ordis' Voice Dialogue/commentary Recordings Is Just... Not Good At All.

(PSN)Knightfyre

While I'm fed up with Ordis' incessant interruptions and constantly covering up my screen, one of the actual voice clips is just really BAD, and is like nails on a chalkboard every time I hear it (and I am hearing it a lot since the latest update).

It's the one that he says when you're in the arsenal, messing with your equipped mods:

"Well put together, Operator.  Now get out there and ... (pause)

CUT.

DOWN.

THE.

(... longer pause ...) ...and make the Lotus proud."

The recording really needs to be re-done/edited on this one. 

The pauses between "polite Ordis" and "agitated Ordis" are too long.  It comes across like an amateur stage play where one person's line is supposed to be interrupted by another actor, but the interrupting actor is late with delivering his line... as a result, the first actor appears to awkwardly just stop talking mid-sentence before the other person speaks, rather than what was supposed to have been a more "natural" (and believable) cutting off of one person's dialogue by another who interrupts him.

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

Yea i hate that line as well... actually i hate many of his lines, they are all the same... 

Template:

Step 1: Starts a supportive comment with a neutral voice

Step 2: Interrupts itself with a crazy voice with a negative version of the same comment

Step 3: Interrupts itself again to finish the original comment

STOP IT ORDIS STOP IT

we can see what you are doing from miles away! all your jokes are THE SAME joke, with a different "skin" over it.

just stop it...

But yea OP the one you mention is probably the worst.

Eh, if you don't like it you can mute him till they release new ones. Might see more in U17 i guess. I've never personally had a problem with them, turned his volume down to 30% so i can listen if i choose too, but im not forced to listen to the same lines over and over.

Eh, if you don't like it you can mute him till they release new ones. Might see more in U17 i guess. I've never personally had a problem with them, turned his volume down to 30% so i can listen if i choose too, but im not forced to listen to the same lines over and over.

Or they could fix it, which is the entire point of my post--to bring the issue to their attention.  Suffering in silence, or simply silencing Ordis' volume altogether, does nothing to make DE aware. 

In the spirit of the "Year of Quality", I've provided feedback, what the dev's choose to do with it now is entirely up to them. 

I agree with you OP, from start to end.  Ordis is less annoying now that he has more things to say, but some of his text is still too lengthy.  His joke about the Grineer intelligence takes way too damn long, isn't funny (wasn't funny the first time) and of course the text box is there the whole time.