The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorry De....uranus Water Tileset - Impossible

S0ulre4per

I'm afraid Triton is a moon of Neptune..

Ppfffff, so it is. So sorry about that. Click the wrong link.

Well, then probably one of the following:

800px-Uranian_moon_montage.jpg

My guess would be either the second from the left (Ariel) or either of the ones on the right (Titania or Oberon)

In the reveal there's this: "Explore the Sealab, hidden away in Uranus' vast ocean of helium, methane and ammonia."

So that water isn't technically water.

Though that doesn't explain why it doesn't turn into gas the moment it "leaks" in the tileset as I doubt Grineer have that kind of pressure or temperature in their base.

But yeah... it's really just space magic and that bit about the ocean being liquid ammonia/methane just raises more questions than it answers.

Are we draining it in from the sea or are we opening the pipes the Grineer would be using to transport their own water around the labs (for drinking or sanitation purposes)?

But either way it is the fiction of the universe - and all a fictional universe ultimately need be is self-consistent.

If I had to speculate with my limited scientific knowledge, I'd say it's what I suggested above. If that gets ruled out, I'd say the condensed pressure of the liquid as it was in the pipes it maintained just enough from the sealed off sections of the labs (like compartments in a submarine) and the continuous flow of still-pressurized fluids flowing in that it just doesn't have the time to gas-ify while we're there.

But that's rampant speculation, and I'm no scientist.

A moon wouldn't be that size.

The biggest moon of uranus is smaller then ours.

Orbits change, eventually Earth's moon will break free of its orbit around us, more than possible Uranus' moons were drawn in closer. But the fact of the matter is that certain is NOT Uranus in any meaningful way as we understand it in the real world or even as it is shown in-game:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130714170550/warframe/images/e/ec/UranusU9.png

And, as has been said SEVERAL times, DE has already said this IS the tileset for Uranus, and it will be on Uranus.

There is no debate here. Only stubbornness.

Orbits change, eventually Earth's moon will break free of its orbit around us, more than possible Uranus' moons were drawn in closer. But the fact of the matter is that certain is NOT Uranus in any meaningful way as we understand it in the real world or even as it is shown in-game:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130714170550/warframe/images/e/ec/UranusU9.png

And, as has been said SEVERAL times, DE has already said this IS the tileset for Uranus, and it will be on Uranus.

There is no debate here. Only stubbornness.

If it was that close to uranus the gravity would be pulling it into the planet grineer are dumb but not that dumb.

We are on Titania. The biggest moon of Uranus. Orokin could have liquified its icy mantle. The most damning evidence, It is also the name of the node Tyl Regor is on.

No, the most damning evidence is this statement from this thing https://warframe.com/news/building-warframe-undersea-skybox

These sketches represent a few ways the Grineer could also build around Uranus' 'coral', whether using it for protection or as a brace to hold up heavy structures. 

People, give it up. We KNOW the answer, stop trying to make this something it isn't. 

Edited by Morec0

We are on Uranus; I don't know why that is hard to understand.

https://warframe.com/news/operation-tubemen-regor

"- Visit the Grineer Ocean on Uranus."

https://warframe.com/news/building-warframe-undersea-skybox

"These sketches represent a few ways the Grineer could also build around Uranus' 'coral', whether using it for protection or as a brace to hold up heavy structures."

https://warframe.com/16-5-hub

"NEW TILESET: Explore the Sealab, hidden away in Uranus' vast ocean of helium, methane and ammonia."

If it was that close to uranus the gravity would be pulling it into the planet grineer are dumb but not that dumb.

Whatever the reason. It seems it's not the case.

We KNOW what this new sealab tileset is and what planet it's on. You people are all just in denial.

.... And yet they are making Uranus a underwater tileset.

Heresy!

Nah....

Srsly... there are so many things physically wrong in this game - or- to be fair- in ANY sci fi game.... why stop there?

We don't know how many centuries have passed since now... things might change.

So.... I'm on that side:

Make Uranus an ocean planet, everything can be explained with space magic.

We are on Uranus; I don't know why that is hard to understand.

https://warframe.com/news/operation-tubemen-regor

"- Visit the Grineer Ocean on Uranus."

https://warframe.com/news/building-warframe-undersea-skybox

"These sketches represent a few ways the Grineer could also build around Uranus' 'coral', whether using it for protection or as a brace to hold up heavy structures."

https://warframe.com/16-5-hub

"NEW TILESET: Explore the Sealab, hidden away in Uranus' vast ocean of helium, methane and ammonia."

Well i guess everything they did makes no sense.

I guess uranus needs to prepare for impact ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by SarahApple

A moon wouldn't be that size.

The biggest moon of uranus is smaller then ours.

Whatever the reason. It seems it's not the case.

We KNOW what this new sealab tileset is and what planet it's on. You people are all just in denial.

Yeah, well, the entire tileset is a little off. That thing in the skybox is way too big to be anything but Uranus itself, but it doesn't really look like it. Plus, that would put us on a moon, not Uranus itself. That isn't what all of the reveal/lore stuff indicates. We're on Uranus. DE just threw physics in the corner to have a looooooong cry. "Space magic" doesn't even begin to cover it.

The bit about the ocean being liquid helium, ammonia, and methane made me happy because that is (strictly speaking) accurate. The so called "gas giants" are mostly liquid, thanks to the pressure below their surface. That raises so many more issues though. They're liquid primarily because of pressure, not temperature. And yet, we and the Grineer are shown being at the surface of the liquid region, no problem. Maybe the Liset can withstand that kind of pressure, and maybe the mysterious, space-magicky Warframes can... but the Grineer grunts? Nah, no way.

And why doesn't the ocean instantly vaporize when it enters the facility? It's primarily pressure, not temperature, that makes it liquid. Humans can't survive that kind of pressure, so clearly the interior of the facility is at extremely low pressure relative to the outside. There is no possible explanation for the delay Morec0 posited, not that I'm trying to attack him since he said it was just speculation. The floodwaters could indeed be from the Grineer's own water system, but I doubt it just because the pump system seems to be in place to keep the place clear... it's leaking all over, after all, but doesn't ever fill up noticeably. Not until we break their pumps.

Moving on, the outer atmosphere isn't breathable, either... it's almost entire hydrogen and helium, with trace amounts of methane... I think the figure is roughly 80% hydrogen, 15% helium, and 2.5% methane. Yeah, I know that doesn't add up, the missing parts are the decimals I don't remember precisely. It's rounded. So why don't we take damage over time, a la vacuum tiles? Warframes do not have life support (although Archwings do, so Sharkwing is another story).

The coral and other life on Uranus is another thing that's probably impossible, but that's a more excusable bit of creative license, IMO. Water is necessary for life--it's relatively basic biochemistry. I don't think there's been anything else found that could fill even half of the functions water does... it's just an amazing molecule. There is likely water on Uranus... but it's in the form of ice beneath the oceans, mixed in with a bunch of other ices. That internal ice is one of the main reasons Uranus and Neptune are sometimes called the Ice Giants.

Other minerals with higher melting points condensed and cooled by the pressure into stone-like formations?

But shouldn't heavier minerals accumulate in the core? Unless those caves are made of Oxium.

But shouldn't heavier minerals accumulate in the core? Unless those caves are made of Oxium.

Aye, upon further research it's apparently some form of coral - fitting well with the existence of sealife seen in Regor's tubes across the lab.

The big twist:

This isn't Sol.

This is a alien system, one of many that Orokin terraformed to make it look similar to the humans first system. But there are a few things beyond change. The size of moons and the composition of planets. Various problems solved.

This system just happens to be the Origin of Tenno. So we know it as the Origin system. Not the Orokin origin, not the true earth.

My mind is blown.