The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader Is The Worst Bottleneck I've Ever Seen.

Fullmetal_Underpants

Void trader is absolutely ridiculous as currently implemented, what sort of businessman brings 3-5 things every 2 weeks and only occasionally brings repeat wares and often brings us crap that the only reason a lot of us will grab it is for the sake of completion. seriously this model is insane ~

26 visits a year in total

3-5 items for 2 out of every 14 days

it's like giving us junk event items without actually having an event.

it screws players who can't make it in sometimes

it screws endgame players who try to keep up with the best of the best possible equipment

it screws with everybody who gets excited for new content and sees primed slip magazine

if we had any sense of sanity in the shop model, he would offer items at a rate more realistic... maybe something like...

1 new mod, 1 old mod, one electric status mod rotating

1 new weapon, 1 old rotating

1-2 new vanity, 1-2 old vanity (depending on whether or not it is shoulder/leg items that you insist on splitting up)

OR

actually have him show up every week on the current model.

this would be reasonable for new players and old, the new players able to keep up with everything can keep getting what they come to expect from void trader and the newer players or slower players have a better chance of getting the items to show up again as well as keeping the trade market in a non-ridiculous state so if they decide to buy it from other players, they don't have to fork out the equivalent of about 5-10$ in plat because they couldn't log on one weekend.

Even if he would show up daily, I bet he would still bring trash.

There's probably 1 or 2 good items hidden in all his stuff, and around 50 other things no one wants.

honestly if he did show up daily, at least it would be a variety of trash and not waiting 2 weeks at a time for more disappointment or the rare frenzy of "omfg must have" and being that unlucky sap that missed out on the week they put out the good one.

The flip side is that now people who have interest in his inventory have only a week to farm for ducats. Not an issue for some people, but it gets kind of rough for a casual player like myself, since I don't have the chance to play everyday.

The flip side is that now people who have interest in his inventory have only a week to farm for ducats. Not an issue for some people, but it gets kind of rough for a casual player like myself, since I don't have the chance to play everyday.

then perhaps they should balance the costs of the ducats a bit lower than 350 per mod, i mean nothing ridiculous, but maybe drop it to the 200-300 range to compensate.

End of the day its all free stuff be great full. 

"free"  it's a million credit trade tax on the mods or hours of farming ducats and credits, calling that free is like saying you expect the people at your local mcdonalds to not get paid for doing their job.   you work for it, the only time anything is really "free" in this game is when you log in and discover they gave you a couple catalyzed weapons with an inventory slot on the game's anniversary.

Edited by Fullmetal_Underpants

Agree,

Void trader would make sense if he stay permanently on a balcony and every 2/3 days update his sales instead of waiting like 12 days of standby. Or weekly as you said. Currently, he is a boredom guy. I know DE will expand the Relay, but when.

Funny that i ordered 6 slots, to give more opportunity to choose, and to make an pair of numbers. before had 5, now has 3.

Edited by Dislava-planet-tech

Whether he shows up every other week or every week players are still gonna complain about him not having an item they want, new or old. :/

The first option sounds okay, but at this point I don't even care if the Void Trade is improved or not.

Yet he remains in business. He uses an "exclusivity" business model. Where not everyone can get the item and its only for a limited time.

Obviously its effective as he is still in business.

It isn't exclusive, or else items would never return in rotations.

Edited by Rakshal

Whether he shows up every other week or every week players are still gonna complain about him not having an item they want, new or old. :/

The first option sounds okay, but at this point I don't even care if the Void Trade is improved or not.

Solution: Let him carry all items when he's there. There can be a "new items" tab and then mods, weapons, and cosmetic tabs.

"free"  it's a million credit trade tax on the mods or hours of farming ducats and credits, calling that free is like saying you expect the people at your local mcdonalds to not get paid for doing their job.   you work for it, the only time anything is really "free" in this game is when you log in and discover they gave you a couple catalyzed weapons with an inventory slot on the game's anniversary.

He meant "free" as in "you don't have to pay plat".  You get credits and ducats with time, since you get credits from missions, and you get ducats from selling prime items.

Yes, it's still not "free" as in you don't have to PAY for it, but you don't have to shell out real money to get items from the Void trader.  Unless if you bought plat to buy junk prime items to sell for ducats...

The void trader is free it cost no body any real life money, credits & ducats are easy to get also 1mill trade tax that is you're choice to trade for the mod it doesnt cost 1mill when buying from the void trader, also if you cant afford 1mill trade tax thats youre own fault

Solution: Let him carry all items when he's there. There can be a "new items" tab and then mods, weapons, and cosmetic tabs.

That fixes the problem of people complaining about old items not coming back but there is still the problem of people not getting the new item they wanted. "I WANT PRIME STREAMLINE!!!11!!!1!1111111!!!!!" Stuff like that.

That fixes the problem of people complaining about old items not coming back but there is still the problem of people not getting the new item they wanted. "I WANT PRIME STREAMLINE!!!11!!!1!1111111!!!!!" Stuff like that.

True, but that still makes the trader much better than before with little effort.

Its a term used. Excalibur Proto skin was exclusive but then it came back. Exclusive doesn't mean one time only.

if he comes weekly with that crap it's not going to fix anything no ?

more repeats of older primed mods, weapons and vanities on top of the odd new one means that public trade values of them will be kept somewhat reasonable while giving players more opportunities to obtain them again as well, if there are a small number of primed mods coming out a little more often, players are going to have a choice between being selective of what they pick up or working hard to have it all... or trading to get the ones they missed, which are... as stated earlier, kept at somewhat reasonable trade prices by having slightly increased distribution.