Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26K Infested Killed, Still No Thunderbolt ...

Feneckus

How can a mod be that rare ?

Since its release, I've killed more than 26,000 (!) Infested on Xini.

I picked up half a dozen rare fusion cores, a few multishots, plenty of rare abilities, a couple of puncture mods, three Enemy Radars but Thunderbolt is nowhere to be found. It's getting extremely frustrating ...

Just let me pay five or ten bucks for that mod, I can't take it anymore.

Holy Smokes!

That's less than .003846% chance.  My guestimation at roughly 400 infested per 20 wave run (team play) that's about 65 runs at 40 minutes a piece.  That's like 43 hours...  and you still haven't gotten it.  I'm not going to even try then..  Sigh...  I feel for ya brother...  Really...

$50 to buy it...

The only consolation I have for not being in a hot rush to get it for $50 is that it may be potentially nerfed if I do...  Exploding arrows is cool, but yeah...  I dunno about this...

Edited by sushidubya

I know I can buy it for $50, but for that price, I might as well upgrade to the Master Founder package. Makes more sense.

Which multishots? I might start farming xini again...

Rifle. Three of them.

12 warframe - 26 rare ability mods (2 for each, but mag got 4 rare)

17 rare mod, lest count half cause the drop rate of factions, that ~9

1 rare fusion core

-----

Total 44 rare mods.

Count with 36 rare mod, cause the factionsm that u can found when a rare mod drops ...

And rare mods are rare indeed, so let's say that 1 of 20 mods are rare, so you theorically got the thunderbolt after 720 mods ... if you're lucky

Numbers are just guesses to show you've got a real low chance on getting 1 specific mod

Edited by Ungorisz

Yep, I tried and did the math. Let's say:

- mod drop rate is around 10%: a mod every 10 mobs killed (probably less than that actually)

- rare mod drop rate is around 5%: a rare mod every 20 mod drops (probably less than that, again)

- the infested mod loot table contains around 26 rare mods (2 per frame, and 2 more from Mag), plus Thunderbolt now: so it's 1/27 chance to get it; if they all have the same chance to drop

So, the chance to drop it is around...not much (0.0185% to be precise)

It's just that the infested loot table is soooooo full of cr*p, literally T.T

Yep, I tried and did the math. Let's say:

- mod drop rate is around 10%: a mod every 10 mobs killed (probably less than that actually)

- rare mod drop rate is around 5%: a rare mod every 20 mod drops (probably less than that, again)

- the infested mod loot table contains around 26 rare mods (2 per frame, and 2 more from Mag), plus Thunderbolt now: so it's 1/27 chance to get it; if they all have the same chance to drop

So, the chance to drop it is around...not much (0.0185% to be precise)

It's just that the infested loot table is soooooo full of cr*p, literally T.T

AFAIK, every faction can drop every mod. Only the chances are (slightly?) different.

Blast... I need pistol and shotgun :-/

They drop from infested too. I've gotten all 3 multishots from farming Xini multiple times. Hell's Chamber is the most common one I get. Still no Thunderbolt. :(

Isn't the Thunderbolt-Mod a new one? That makes your "26k kills since release" argument completely invalid.

I said since its release.

I know I had around 9k Infested kills before it came out. Stopped playing against them because I find them a bit boring and I played mobile defense exclusively.

Now I have 35k Infested kills ... I think I picked up every single rare mod they can drop at least twice, but no Thunderbolt ...

That's the going theory. I wish it was a little clearer though.

It's no theory.

According to the wiki, mods like Rifle Multishot, Hornet Strike, Serration aren't supposed to be dropped by Infested, but I did get those while farming Xini.

What? Did you read the guy I quoted. He didn't mention the wiki at all...

Just saying that it seems true that every faction can drop any given mod. I didn't pick up a lot of Hornet Strikes/Serrations though vs Infested, much better odds on Grineer mobile defense.