The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Fps Balanched Increase After Changing Display Mode To Borderless Fullscreen !

Annoying_killah

So usually my fps jumps around 46-60 fps in everygame in maxed graphics setting on Fullscreen. Today decided to  changed my Display mode to 'Borderless Fullscreen' and now my fps is perfect 60fps and havent dropped today lower than 56fps after playing 7 hours straight <3

EDIT: i have Two monitor. the main one for gaming and the second one is for watching videos / listening podcast's at the same time when playing games.

So i would recommend you to try out Borderless Fullscreen if your fps usually jumps around all over the place  :D

ps. If you were wondering what are my PC specs, they are in here --> https://pcpartpicker.com/b/NLLD4D

Edited by Annoying_killah

I don't know if it can be considered as a bug ^^' . I noticed this strange behavior quite a long time ago, but didn't think about it any further.

Just in case someone often uses recording software, you may not be able to record your game with borderless fullscreen. For the others, enjoy fluidity !

that's... not how this is supposed to work.

Borderless Fullscreen keeps Windows running completely in the background, whereas Fullscreen has Windows turn off some visual features to save Resources since you can't see them.

so it's rather illogical that Borderless Fullscreen would have better performance than Fullscreen. it should... be the same or a little bit worse.

but Computers can be really weird.

- - - - -

also, yikes, you really overpaid for your Thermal Paste. Arctic Silver MX4 is dirt cheap, performs the same as anything else that's on the market save for some super specialty ones made for the Industrial Industry - doesn't have metals or crystals in it so doesn't scratch components, and is also completely Non-Conductive.

also has no Burn in Time, is Non-Corrosive, does not dry out or set, Et Cetera.

(and when someone says 'but muh Arctic Silver 5' - it has been proven from dozens of research labs testing solutions for their critically important needs that AS 5 performs basically identical to any bargain bucket paste. the specs that Arctic Silver puts on AS 5 are actually quite falsified).

I think it depends on your setup...Do you have two screens ?

I know borderless makes the game easier to manage on dual screen setups. Don't know about single screens, tho.

Yeah,  i have Two monitor. fmain one for gaming and the second one is  for watching videos / listening podcast's

ps. i really should have mentioned that in my post i guess :P

that's... not how this is supposed to work.

Borderless Fullscreen keeps Windows running completely in the background, whereas Fullscreen has Windows turn off some visual features to save Resources since you can't see them.

so it's rather illogical that Borderless Fullscreen would have better performance than Fullscreen. it should... be the same or a little bit worse.

but Computers can be really weird.

- - - - -

also, yikes, you really overpaid for your Thermal Paste. Arctic Silver MX4 is dirt cheap, performs the same as anything else that's on the market save for some super specialty ones made for the Industrial Industry - doesn't have metals or crystals in it so doesn't scratch components, and is also completely Non-Conductive.

also has no Burn in Time, is Non-Corrosive, does not dry out or set, Et Cetera.

(and when someone says 'but muh Arctic Silver 5' - it has been proven from dozens of research labs testing solutions for their critically important needs that AS 5 performs basically identical to any bargain bucket paste. the specs that Arctic Silver puts on AS 5 are actually quite falsified).

I really don't know much about thermal paste but thanks for the advice. :D

I think it depends on your setup...Do you have two screens ?

I know borderless makes the game easier to manage on dual screen setups. Don't know about single screens, tho.

Strange... I have only one screen and borderless fullscreen is more fluide for me. Maybe because I sometimes connect another screen to my laptop.