Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Token Alerts Instead Of "?" Alerts

Munificent

would merging the two systems such that alerts (or a subset of alerts) give a very small platinum reward (With the way slot/potato prices currently are, I'd imagine it could only be 2 or 3 platinum) make sense?

ehhh... that'll fix and create problems, idk... in the end it's not really a good idea to hand out free plat via alerts.

and inb4 "can't everybody just be happy with what they got because 'this game' is much worse than warframe." (also note that i would never use that arguement ever, i just wanted to be snarky and predict a few replys)

I believe I have an answer for that. Platinum would still be useful, for two reasons.

1) as long as the process is slow enough, if people want something right now they would still want to use platinum. The problem with this is that, if they got everything they wanted, they could just store up this currency until a new thing to get with it comes out. Now there are a few solutions to that - my idea would be to have a maximum cap of the currency

For Example, if you get 1-5 per ? Alert, and the most expensive thing costs 200 Tokens, make it so you can only have 220 tokens in your inventory, if you want more you have to buy something,

2) They would not be able to buy things with tokens that are not items in the game, or for  that matter are not currently able to be obtained through (?) Alerts. This includes Warframe and weapon slots, color packages, etc. People would still have to buy platinum to get those things. They would also have to use platinum to get things already constructed, as the Token system would give BPs, not the item.

Merging the two, giving Platinum for (?) Alerts, I believe would substantially devalue platinum. It would be easier to implement, but a bad idea for their income.

1. I tend to be opposed to currency caps, personally. Unable to come up with a proper explanation at the moment. I think it's fine if people save up in anticipation for The Next Big Thing, honestly, or if they just want to save up a bunch to say that they did.

2. That makes sense to me - so platinum retains its value because certain things should still only be purchasable with it. I'm just trying to make sure there'd be good reason to introduce another currency system - too many and I think things start to get a bit confusing (Three's not too bad, though).

<p>The DE need to make money so this system would damage them badly. the platinum is how they get the money to support warframe so this idea isnt bad but it isnt what  is best.</p>

Except that artifacts and every weapon except for the glaive isn't available through the market

Also, I'm not sure how much they're losing exactly, but it's a minimum of $50 from me because I'm not spending a penny until the alert system changes.

The problem with people saving up and getting a new item instantly could be solved by making new items platinum only for the first week.  That way people know they will be able to get it for free if they wait or if they want it instantly they can pay for it.  There could also be a launch week discount on the item to encourage people to spend platnum on it.

I got the above idea of a platinum only period with discount from discission in my thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45104-the-all-or-nothing-nature-of-alerts-is-a-problem-that-needs-to-be-addressed/

I don't think saving 'tokens' for upcoming items is a big deal. Look at Planetside 2 for instance. You can buy pretty much any weapon in the game with cash or certs. Having the cert cost high on the popular items promotes people buying with cash instead. The alert system could be modified where every alert rewards some points and not just random ones with a '?' reward.

Hopefully DE looks into this as it would be a major improvement to the current alert system.