Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Real Sick Of Having To Sell Weapons To Make Room For New Ones

AgentNipple

Don't be so god damn cheap. 

Some people honestly can't buy slots for whatever reason. Usually it's because they're kids and they don't have a bank account, but I digress. Ya' just seemed a little hostile, is all.

Edited by Lumireaver

Already have, don't want to anymore.

Suggest the ability to buy slots with credits, if not you are limiting the game to paying which isn't F2P

Not everyone wants to throw a lot of money at a single game, sorry.

Edited by AgentNipple

Suggest the ability to buy slots with credits, if not you are limiting the game to paying which isn't F2P

free 2 play means you can play for free. This doesnt mean you get everything for not paying.

I dont see why slots should be free. They cost DE money in storage. Why should you not have to pay for something that costs the company money....

Some people honestly can't buy slots for whatever reason.

as for me, i am disabled and live on a small disability check once a month. after rent, paying the bills, putting gas in the truck, etc. i have no money to spend on plat most of the time. if i want to buy plat, i have to roam the roadside and pick up aluminum cans to sell just to get 5 or ten bucks worth, which since i am disabled, is very hard for me to do.

-snip-

Sorry, mate. This is like saying the game is pay to win because revives cost platinum even though you're free to just fail the mission when you're all out of lives. I'm a huge collector type, so I could never sell a weapon I've worked on. I can understand your gripe, but there's nothing keeping you from pawning your old guns for space except you.

The only thing DE is limiting through platinum sales is the ability to hold all of the weapons you receive indefinitely. There's no limitation on obtaining them.

free 2 play means you can play for free. This doesnt mean you get everything for not paying.

I dont see why slots should be free. They cost DE money in storage. Why should you not have to pay for something that costs the company money....

It wont kill the game, companies have been doing it for ages where players can either buy or earn just about everything in terms of performance and function or progress within their game where as everything else is strictly purchase such as cosmetic items. Force people to pay for "progress" in a game and they will shy away.

Also I think its funny when people with the founders title "Grand Master" say stuff like this 

The only thing DE is limiting through platinum sales is the ability to hold all of the weapons you receive indefinitely. There's no limitation on obtaining them.

I think you miss the point where I basically made the statement; "I don't want to spend all this time working on a weapon and then have to sell it to try a different one, same with warframes"

I also have been selling old weapons for new ones, but I'm not too bothered by it... yet. The 50 Platium I started off with I spent those on 1 Warframe slot and 4 weapon slots. The trick is I guess is that if you are going to sell an old weapon for a new one sell the ones you don't really use.

Such as if a new weapon comes out that you want or one out there you want in general look at your weapons and see what you can do with out. If you have a Strun and Hek maybe sell the Strun. Or sell weapons that are easy to obtain such as weapons you can just buy with credits so if you want to go back to it sure you'll have to relevel it but thats better then recrafting it and releveling it. This also makes you choose which weapon you want to put a catalyst on carfully. With the appearent nerf on the Aklato it was an easy choice which to sell when I wanted to try out the Sicarus for me.

Yes sometimes the choices are not easy, but you can't expect DE to have everything 100% free. Personally I never spent a penny on this game, and I have to adjust and work around my limitations. Such as I only have 3 Warframe slots I have a Rhino and Mag, but I'm probably going to sell my Mag, wait for Frost Prime parts to come around and last slot is either going to be Ash or Volt, maybe neither if I this new Trap base Warframe they are making turns out really neat.

That argument doesn't work. The amount of memory used for a weapon is negligible. Still, weapon slots aren't free because you don't need them to experience everything the game has to offer. It's a convenience thing.

I think you miss the point where I basically made the statement; "I don't want to spend all this time working on a weapon and then have to sell it to try a different one, same with warframes"

Then spend a little money. Warframe and weapon slots are a convenience, not a right.

Also I think its funny when people with the founders title "Grand Master" say stuff like this 

You know what is really funny? That people only see the badge. Its easy to not think about me and that I might started as a F"P player. But well. I did. And I didnt had 4th abilities because of not being supercharged. And I survived for a month. So please, dont try to lecture me about restricitons.

You dont pay for progress. You can still get all the weapons you want. its a psychological thing if you want to actually "collect" stuff. Therefore, no progression restriction....

Edited by Venarge

That argument doesn't work. The amount of memory used for a weapon is negligible. Still, weapon slots aren't free because you don't need them to experience everything the game has to offer. It's a convenience thing.

Okay so let me pump all this time and effort into a weapon along with catalysts, mods and what not then just have to turn around and sell it. I still use my MK1-Braton and I can only use my LEX pistol because all the other slots are used up. The LEX has been an outstanding weapon for me and I'm afraid to sell it because of the massive risk that the replacement would suck. Not to mention its level 30, with a catalyst BECAUSE I ACTUALLY DID BUY SOME PLATINUM. Already thrown $20 bucks at the game, not giving it much more. I would rather buy a $60 title and get everything with it rather than all this.

You know what is really funny? That people only see the badge. Its easy to not think about me and that I might started as a F"P player. But well. I did. And I didnt had 4th abilities because of not being supercharged. And I survived for a month. So please, dont try to lecture me about restricitons.

You dont pay for progress. You can still get all the weapons you want. its a psychological thing if you want to actually "collect" stuff. Therefore, no progression restriction....

Still funny

There's arguably a progress restriction in potatoes at the moment, however. Alerts are a "You'll get it, sure. Eventually. As long as you don't live in certain time zones. No, we don't care how much you play, it doesn't matter."

Okay so let me pump all this time and effort into a weapon along with catalysts, mods and what not then just have to turn around and sell it. I still use my MK1-Braton 

Sry but I stopped read here.

I don't see the possibility to fill up 8~12 weapon slots without even replacing MK1 :S

Okay so let me pump all this time and effort into a weapon along with catalysts, mods and what not then just have to turn around and sell it. I still use my MK1-Braton and I can only use my LEX pistol because all the other slots are used up. The LEX has been an outstanding weapon for me and I'm afraid to sell it because of the massive risk that the replacement would suck. Not to mention its level 30, with a catalyst BECAUSE I ACTUALLY DID BUY SOME PLATINUM. Already thrown $20 bucks at the game, not giving it much more. I would rather buy a $60 title and get everything with it rather than all this.

I still use my MK1-Braton and I can

You need to sell that junk, then, because nearly every other weapon in the game is better than the MK-1 Braton.

The exception being the Dark Dagger.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

You're out of your mind if you think no one has quit the game because they don't want to delete a weapon every time they want to try a new weapon.  People don't like giving up stuff they've put time into getting.  It's a natural human response.  Whether it's right or not is not really relevant to why DE should do something about this situation.  If it's losing players and not gaining players, something needs to be done.  There's no real proper defense for such a nickle and diming monetization strategy :|

That the devs have talked about adding them as mastery rank rewards show they recognize this, making your defense of the system all the more ridiculous.

Edited by Aggh

That the devs have talked about adding them as mastery rank rewards show they recognize this, making your defense of the system all the more ridiculous.

Bro, if you would read some of my posts, you would see that I am all for slots for progression. They are the only thing you cant obtain through playing. And this should be changed. I dont see why people should get them any other ways. Its just how it is. A psychological thing. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure people stopped playing the game so far. But something like this happens during the development. Thats why it is in development.

Edited by Venarge

It wont kill the game, companies have been doing it for ages where players can either buy or earn just about everything in terms of performance and function or progress within their game where as everything else is strictly purchase such as cosmetic items. Force people to pay for "progress" in a game and they will shy away.

Warframe and weapon slots aren't an element of progression, they are an element of convenience. You don't need to maintain access to every weapon in order to raise your mastery rank or do high end content.