Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Showing Up?

so i need some light shed on this statement that i heard and i quote: 

" if you see your screen flash black a couple times, but the stalker doesn't pop up or taunt you, then its the stalker trying to spawn in your game." 

is this true or is it just a pixel or screen lag? forget the actual term for it, my bad. 

i love fighting the stalker ever since i got my equipment changed and i have wiped the floor with him the past five times, and i still have 30 more stalkers after me XD excuse my excitement but each time i saw this black flash on my screen, i wasn't sure what to make of it since the stalker never showed up during these flashes.

I usually get it with syndicates...

One screen flicker when I'm just about to interact with consoles. But I never see who or what is coming then.

I've had times that nothing showed up then. When I'm not interacting with consoles everything is working normally.

Never had the stalker do one flicker and disappear yet. (Syndicates have those red circles on your frame on flickering, stalker and others do not. That's how I know what it was.)

EDIT: Also infested moa's can do an effect that really looks a lot like a screen flicker like one of the assasins. If those were in your mission it might have been them.

Edited by counterflux

Flashing screens are the general warning proceeding a assassin spawn. 

For the stalker in particular, the screen will turn a verry dark red/ purple color alogn with some smoke effects, during the next few flashes he will talk to you, sayign who you killed, with the final flash saying "I am your reckoning" and he will spawn behind you.

The other assasins are different, with the grustrag three and the harvester  having a dark flash, but with your warframe flashing white and particles circling around you, spawning one or the other. These will also have chat promps come up from either the Lotus or Alad V

And the last being syndicate death squads, which have a lighter flash, and turning your warframe red, with one message from the syndicate followed by the death squad spawning.

Other than that, a flash really doesnt mean much, and may be caused by a number of environmental effects, warframe powers, or even gun effects. 

So basically, if you dont see a message pop up from someone, dont worry about it. 

Flashing screens are the general warning proceeding a assassin spawn. 

For the stalker in particular, the screen will turn a verry dark red/ purple color alogn with some smoke effects, during the next few flashes he will talk to you, sayign who you killed, with the final flash saying "I am your reckoning" and he will spawn behind you.

The other assasins are different, with the grustrag three and the harvester  having a dark flash, but with your warframe flashing white and particles circling around you, spawning one or the other. These will also have chat promps come up from either the Lotus or Alad V

And the last being syndicate death squads, which have a lighter flash, and turning your warframe red, with one message from the syndicate followed by the death squad spawning.

Other than that, a flash really doesnt mean much, and may be caused by a number of environmental effects, warframe powers, or even gun effects. 

So basically, if you dont see a message pop up from someone, dont worry about it. 

all right thanks. cause it happens a lot, and nothing spawns in. like no stalker, grustag 3, zanuka, or syndicate assassin hit squads. 

Only one time did the Stalker ever glitch on me. I was doing a cap in the Void (this was before I had the firepower to obliterate him) he started taunting, I ran for extraction, he teleported me to him, then he disappeared. I continued running, he started taunting again, by the time he finished the last taunt, I was boarding my Liset. But what you're talking about, that doesn't sound familiar.