Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Five Nights At Freddy's Dev Wants To Bring Someone To Court For An Un-Official Sequel

TheErebus.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/9/8578197/five-nights-freddys-4-subpoena-fake-apple

I know, I know it's Polygon. I said I'd never use them for news but frankly most sites are dried up for news. And I hate IGN's site layout. It's hideous.

Anyways, Scott Cawthorn has issued a subpoena to someone who had released an un-authorized sequel to Five Nights at Freddy's 3. The subpoena is being issued to find out the identity of the person who made the sequel.

God the news is so slow for the past few days...

Hmm, odd that they'd issue the subpoena just so they can find out the identity of who made the knockoff instead of going full lawsuit them to death mode. Maybe looking to hire them after profit dispute?

Also almost forgot this was a thing: "Earlier in April, Warner Bros. acquired the rights for a feature film."

Hmm, odd that they'd issue the subpoena just so they can find out the identity of who made the knockoff instead of going full lawsuit them to death mode. Maybe looking to hire them after profit dispute?

Well either way, he'll be issuing a lawsuit over on him. The subpoena is to find out where he is and who he is.

As far as I know, the guy had issues with someone who made a fanmade FNAF 2 without his permission and basically tried to pass it as official.

So maybe he's doing it just in case.

Well it was supposed to be an "official" FNAF 4, problem is how the person is passing it as their creation and as an official sequel, pretty sure Scott doesn't mind those crappy rip offs Yamimash plays. Kinda like claiming that you just created Battlefront 3 although Dice is already working on a "3rd" one.