The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Shield Osprey Doesn't Really 'hold This Position'. Technically All The Spectres.

LegendarySaxGuy

Dear DE,

I would like my shield ospreys to stay next to the pod/terminal/special thingy that the mission tells us to protect by literally staying beside it to continuously provide it and us players with extra shields, but apparently after 'Holding This Position' for awhile, my ospreys suddenly have this love for the skies that they all start flying up sky high (guess they wanted to go back to their corpus masters).

Low ceiling maps don't really count for this but like defense missions ESPECIALLY Void defense or open ceiling areas, where they have super ultra high ceilings or open clear skies. My shield ospreys start to fly up so high that they practically rendered themselves useless and there's nothing players could do to get it back down, even the enemies can't shoot them cause they're just too damn high. 

Now for the other spectres, like my custom made Cosmic/Phase spectres, Corrupted Lancers etc. 

They too should be able stay near the objective and help protect it, I understand that they have to move around a little to get into cover or to get into better spot to shoot back, but at least implement the ability for them to GO BACK WHERE THEY WERE INITIALLY TOLD TO 'HOLD THIS POSITION'. Like damn, I told my spectre to stay next to the objective and it did but after awhile of shooting and dodging, I realised that it started to hold its position at least a 100m away from it's original spot. 

Please do fix this DE :D 

You guys have been doing a great job with most of the things.

Edited by legendarysaxguy

I'd be more interested if they reduced the interaction range of the shield osprey. Using a controller I cannot reload if I deploy a shield osprey because wherever I look I interact with it, even from the other side of the pod facing away...DE pls...

Better still, for all units with commands you must have the crosshair on them to give commands. I am so sick of syndicate helpers preventing me from reloading just by being there...I have to run and jump to be able to reload at all at this point...

Regarding the problem you're having, I too have problems with specters and osprey not holding position. I am so sick of my Force specters suiciding by moving outside of the pod area, they seem to love to stand infront of the laser consoles. Also, they're AI, why aren't they immune to lasers like kubrows?? They are evidently equally stupid at not suiciding.

Edited by Demon.King

Yeah, I deployed my first non-spam specter yesterday, and told it to stay near the pod. I thought it was because it was a Rhino Specter that it didn't. It just ran all over the place until it ended up stuck in one of the back rooms in the  Void Defense tileset.

I'm surprised that when we yell commands at Specters, they don't just say back "I am Groot".

I'd love to know what their scripting AI is tied to. I just always assumed they used the same code of what the enemy AI does when under the influence.

... of a Radiation proc. Not alcohol, btw.

Never saw the Shield Osprey spectres take to the skies, although when I tried deploying a few at various locations during a Defense mission, they all ended up slowly making their way towards the pod over the course of several waves. The hold command is definitely a bit wonky for sure.